• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

cannot find this answer on suboxone mega thread, please help!

worstdecisionever

Greenlighter
hi sorry, I know these suboxone questions are getting old not on the suboxone megathread. I have completely bottomed out with this drug ( heroin), after 4 years of smoking and 3 years of shooting with no more veins left, the thrill is gone and I have a rather large habit of two and a half-3 grams a day of good Mexican powder.my last shot was was one gram divided in two shots, muscled. I have $ in the bank to go get as much as I want, but I am just done, my life has been torn apart & I've lost everything in the world that's meant anything to me, here is My question, it is probably silly but have been on a 36 hour detox off heroin and gonna start suboxone within the next 12 hours. Here is the question, if heroin stays in my urine for up to 5 days is there any chance of me going into P. withdrawals even though I have not taking heroin for over 36 hours ( thank God for xanax bars I've had a lot at my disposal for last 12 hour to alleviate the withdrawal symptoms), I know there's a chance anyways that I will go into P. withdrawals because it might not be enough time, but what I'm wondering is the difference between testing positive for heroin up to 5 days in a UA and why its ok to take suboxone within 48 to 60 hours? Thank you very much for any answers and please answer as soon as you can because that window is coming soon for me to take it. sincerely, worstdecisionever

take it when you start to feel like youre going through withdrawal. only you will know the exact timing of that as everyone can experience different effects.

48 hours should be good

Thanks much for responding, but I'm sorry my question didn't come out right. What i was wodering was, is there a chance of me going into P withdrawals around 42-48 hours because heroin will still be in my urine 5 days from now? Even though my last hit will be 48 hours ago (coming soon), I'm just worried that maybe by having it in my urine still, it is still in my body enough to cause P withdrawal's? that's my question, sorry, it's it's a stupid 1, but first time on suboxone. I believe the answer is no, but I just want to make sure because i am concerned about it. Thank you very much for any input, but if anyone can answer the question now that I've clarified it more, I would very much appreciate it! sincerely, worstdecisionever

im really not a biologist but im like 99% sure it has to do with it being metabolized into different compounds and that is what the urine test picks up on, long after the dope has cleared out of your bloodstream

or something to that effect, either way urine tests arent always exactly an accurate gauge of what is currently in your system but more about what has been there recently and considering 99/100 UT's have a zero tolerance stipulation those things are essentially one in the same to the people making you piss in a cup

honestly this is a lot more simple than the other way around (trying to use dope after taking suboxone)

you start to feel dope sick
take suboxone

OK subotai, I think you answered my question, but not answering about not passing a UA 5 days later with heroin in my UA, but 3 days before I will
that take suboxone, iam sure i made the question to confusing the 1st time or yoh did not address the issue asked because its a stupid question. Thank you very much for your input if I'm wrong and someone else has info please let me know,. Thank you very much!

thanks man, I was figuring something along those same lines but I just wanted to be sure and after I reread your original reply I saw you were answering it without replying to the urine part because like you said it's a how it metabolites , so thank you very much, I appreciate it. Take care of your self

heroin is usually out of your system before 5 days for the record. Anywhere from 3-5 days is the norm but usually closer to three

yeah I think I worded that wrong. there is no way in hell I'm going to use dope after using suboxone. I am done with dope for good. I have completely bottomed out as a person it's just sad to use now, even though I'm financially stable and can go get as much as I want, I'm done it's just not worth it anymore, but thanks for the advice and sorry I made that question too confusing. Thank you very much for your feedback and I agree 48 hours is probably where I need to be at.

Just wondering if you've researched Kratom at all? It sounds like you have a pretty large habit so I'm not sure how much Kratom would help ya, it helps me quite a lot actually, but on my current heroin streak I'm only doing about a half gram a day of pretty good bth, so not as much as you obviously. But Kratom is worth looking into, I was a skeptic of it at first but was very surprised by it.

Also it helps a lot for suboxone/subutex withdrawal too when that time comes.

Dreaminginblue, thanks for the advice on the kratom, what you have said about it is encouraging. Like you, I was extremely skeptical because of how it was marketed & it was being sold over the counter, at least I believe so here in Oregon. But its encouraging to hear from somebody that it helps them weaning off of Suboxone or others substances, so I will definitely give a look into that when I began to wean off of suboxone and will do research. I might be naive but I'm hoping to be able to accomplish the wean off of Suboxone in a month and I know I do have a rather large habit, so it is going to be painful, but done it before on methadone. I just want to be free of heroin & all other substances as my hope is I can live a completely opiate free life, so tired of using just to be well, much thanks to you for your post, I really appreciate it and everbody elses suggestions as well, thanks again, take care!

Its whats in your blood , not your urine.

You do excrete pure morphine that was metabolized from the monoacetylmorphine (there are two kinds 3-MAM and 6-MAM, 6 is an active opiate and responsible for the rush) that the diacetylmorphine almost instantly converted in the brain after shooting up. But it doesn't matter what is in your urine, that has no connection to your brain to have any effect on your opiate receptors. So basically you shoot up heroin (diacetylmorpine) its rapid conversion to monoacetylmorphine is what is responsible for the "rush" from shooting up. So the DAM has a very short half life, like 2-3 minutes according to wiki. The MAM has a short one, too, about 5 minutes. After that the MAM is either excreted in urine or metabolized to morphine in the liver. The part metabolized to morphine is responsible for the majority of the heroin "high". In a drug test they look for 6-MAM because it is a unique metabolite to heroin,but because of its short half life it is not present for more than 24 hours. On the other hand, morphine will be present for 3-5 days, depending on quantity and physical/lifestyle factors. But just finding morphine doesn't necessarily mean you did heroin, they need to find the 6-MAM,

Rtrain, wow that's some knowledge right there, thank you very much! you could not have explained the answer anymore clearer. it's refreshing that there are so many people on this forum that are willing to help answer questions, give advice and other forms of help. Rtrain thanks again, take care and the same goes to all who have helped in answering my questions.
P.S. a update for the people that helped me. I waited a little past 35 hours & was in complete & udder withdrawal & could no longer wait. took the cautious approach w/ a smaller dose, the result was very mild relief. waited another 45 minutes & took same dose amount again, which provided more relief but was not near enough, so I doubled it and found the relief I needed for the day. have stayed at that level since then, but looking to start a taper down plan in a few days and every few days taper it down a little bit each time.