Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

High-dose MDA, jesus fuckin christ!

poopstation

Bluelighter
this is an old trip report from a little over 3 years ago but it was such an intense experience that it's stayed with me like it was yesterday.

on christmas eve a few years ago i took 200mg of bright white, odorless recrystallized mda hcl coupled with 120mg mdma which was also white, odorless, recrystallized. they both seemed to hit at the same time and my god, my eyes had extreme nystagmus. everything in my field of vision appeared to be vibrating at a very fast rate and when i tried to focus on something i'd get double-vision, i'm assuming my eyes crossed. i put my hoodie's drawstring in my mouth in between my upper and lower teeth to protect them from the grinding. the euphoria was intense, to the point where you just want to lay there moaning. i'd close my eyes and drift away to another time and another place. in that regard it was reminiscent of past mescaline trips where the CEV is one cohesive story. the CEV's get so strong that you can no longer tell if your eyes are opened or closed, it just seems like your mind's eye projects imagery so strong that you can't tell if your eyes are opened or closed. i "came to" an hour or couple hours later (not sure how long it was) and decided to redose another 100mg mda. then i was mindlessly stumbling around the house, there was something i wanted to do and was trying to do but kept forgetting. was i trying to get water? was i trying to redose? i couldn't remember if i redosed or not, maybe i didn't actually redose and that was just a figment of my imagination because at least an hour has passed and nothing has happened yet. (in reality i did redose and it had only been 10 min's, my wife told me the following day). i thought i didn't redose yet, that i must've imagined it because my hallucinations were so real and believable that i was a little confused. so i redosed another 100mg.

i remember closing my eyes and drifting back away again. i was in some foreign country and it was so believable, i was walking around and interacting with people. i was completely convinced this was really happening but in reality i was in my bedroom laying down with my eyes closed, my wife let me know lol. she had problems with her imac and asked me to take a look at it. so i went to the room with her imac, sat down at the computer and turned it on. then i drifted away again. the screen of the imac turned into a window into another world. it was a very small world and i saw it evolve from a large, hot, inhabitable rock to slowly cooling off, forming water, and green vegetation beginning to appear. there's no way i can describe it well enough to do it justice. this was all happening inside the imac screen which was no longer a window. now everything was inside the imac and there was nothing separating me from this world. it was an opening to an alternate world, a micro-world. the detail was amazing and it was so real, believable. then small animals began to appear and evolve. before long it became a rainforest with beautiful birds. i just sat there watching in amazement, it was breathtaking. i was not the creator or any god, i was merely an observer and i did not dare interact. it was important that i maintain my place as the observer and just enjoy the gift of being shown all this beauty. my wife walked into the room and i slowly "came to", at first i was very confused when i realized i was in a room. why did i get ripped away? i didn't know where i was or who i was; or "when" i was for that matter.

in moments it all finally came back to me, piece by piece, the confusion was replaced by memory. oh yeah i'm supposed to be working on her imac. i saw that the imac's screen was black, it had gone to sleep. she said i'd been in here for 2 hours. i was still rolling/tripping too hard to figure out how to even use the computer at all. i felt guilty about not being able to help her, so i decided to help her around the house. i just tagged along behind her, hoping i could be of service somehow. she began cleaning the shower and turned on the water. i couldn't see the water through the shower curtain but i did hear the water coming out from the shower head. my mind's eye imprinted a mental projection over my field of vision, it showed 3 streams of water coming out of a shower head. then the 3 streams turned into 3 separate colors. it was no longer water, it was liquid color, i know how weird that sounds. you'd think it was colored water but no, something inside me felt certain it was liquified photons pouring out of the shower head. the 3 colors were red, blue and green. i became curious about this substance then all of a sudden, just as my curiosity peaked about the liquid color, i could taste one of the colors. my hallucination of the water didn't change, it was like i could telepathically taste it somehow lol. i don't remember how they tasted well enough to describe it. i just remember feeling neutral about the green, the blue tasted intriguing and mysterious, the red tasted beautiful. that's exactly how i felt about it. they didn't taste sweet, tart, bitter, etc. they tasted in emotions. then my wife asked me something, her voice was muffled and she slowly came into my field of vision as the liquid color faded away. she was saying she had to walk past me and i was blocking the door. she said my eyes were closed again. i told her what i just experienced and she laughed and said "you're crazy!" with a smile on her face.

the following day i never felt so sore and worn out in my whole life. i have many years of experience with mda and mdma but this takes the cake. i was so worn out that i stayed in bed all day. it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life and the synesthesia from mda was different from synthesia i'd gotten from lsd before. the experience was so amazing that i didn't talk as much the following week, i was humbled from the beauty i had seen.

Last edited:
That is some extreme synesthesia! Great report, thanks for sharing. I really want to try MDA, I have never had the opportunity to. It has never been offered to me and most people I know from my hometown don't even know what it is. I feel almost certain that I would vastly prefer it to MDMA. Sounds like an amazing experience. :)

Bonkers on sass!

Wow, that's a really high dose experience! I love mda, honestly i have fallen out of love with mdma after binging on glass shard molly for a couple weeks in a row a few years ago. But their ain't nothin' like some good ol' sass! "it just seems like your mind's eye projects imagery so strong that you can't tell if your eyes are opened or closed" Know exactly what you mean, high doses of fungus throw me deep into a trance with crazy visions and out of body shamanic/inner voyages. Lol those days are behind me now though. Cool report man!

Last edited:
That is some extreme synesthesia! Great report, thanks for sharing. I really want to try MDA, I have never had the opportunity to. It has never been offered to me and most people I know from my hometown don't even know what it is. I feel almost certain that I would vastly prefer it to MDMA. Sounds like an amazing experience. :)
Xorkoth, I won't even touch mdma anymore. Sassafrass is so much richer of an experience for me. Last batch I had was some overcooked homemade brown sugar but my goodness what a delight MDA is!