Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Fargo

lostNfound

Bluelight Crew
Fargo [2014]

Anyone else catch this? I just saw the premiere last night.
Based on the film, Coen brothers on the exec producer ensemble.
Martin Freeman & Billy Bob Thornton fit well together on screen.

Wow, the coens actually signed on for the show? I might have to give this a look-see

fargo-tv-show-fx-450x300.jpg

So Fargo just premiered on FX, and as a fan of the movie that came out in the 90's, I definitely wanted to check it out.

Well.. it's fucking epic. Hah. Lots of great actors, the writing is spot on, it's violent as hell, and just an all around bad ass show.

For those who haven't heard of it, here's the synopsis:

A drifter named Lorne Malvo arrives in small-town Minnesota and influences the population with his malice and violence, including put-upon insurance salesman Lester Nygaard.

​But that doesn't even begin to describe the craziness of this show. One episode in and already the body count is mounting.

So if you haven't watched this yet but are fans of shows like Breaking Bad.. watch it... and discuss it here.

loved the first one. definitely hooked. i'll be interested to see how they can drag this story plot out over the course of an enitre series.

^^^

I read it's going to be an anthology show, like American Horror Story and True Detective, focusing on new stories and crimes in the town and surrounding towns each season. I just hope they keep billy bob thorton's character because he is beyond bad ass.

That's cool.

Yea, I love that dude. His character is such an ass. He's like a lounge troll. Love him.

I guess my neighborhood looks like small town MN as they were filming that here all winter. They wanted to use my house in that but my dick head landlord refused. Glad to hear show is good, maybe it will help keep some film industry jobs here.

I liked the first episode enough to watch the second. Billy Bob is definitely the biggest draw. The entire scenes in the ER and dealing with the motel were the best.

I guess my neighborhood looks like small town MN as they were filming that here all winter. They wanted to use my house in that but my dick head landlord refused. Glad to hear show is good, maybe it will help keep some film industry jobs here.

Where? Just curious, I live in Atlanta and they are constantly filming shit in my neighborhood

Tons of shows are filmed in Atlanta. What do you guys offer big tax breaks or something? Almost every show I hear of these days is filmed in Atlanta, hah.

Tons of shows are filmed in Atlanta. What do you guys offer big tax breaks or something? Almost every show I hear of these days is filmed in Atlanta, hah.

Yep, tax breaks. It gets annoying as fuck cuz their big ass trucks are always everywhere and it screws traffic up, but it's a good thing for the city

Yep, tax breaks. It gets annoying as fuck cuz their big ass trucks are always everywhere and it screws traffic up, but it's a good thing for the city

Yeah I can see how it'd be annoying just with all the chaos but like you said, it's good for the city, brings in a lot of revenue, jobs, etc.

So what I'm getting from this show is that Minnesotans are basically southern Canadians, am I right?

I can't stand that accent they have. That fucking midwestern twang, "Oi hey there." "You betcha!" "I's was goin to the store, ya know? And there was Marty ya know? he's was all funny lookin an all, eh."

Shaaattt upppp. Haha.

Yeah this show is awesome. I think I read they were just doing ten 1 hour episodes and that was it? Hopefully I read that wrong and they will do other seasons.