⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Fargo

Yeah lol...Funny to see him in it..

Which is the Australian? I have 1 to catch up on, the one that aired a day or two ago, I might watch it tonight.

Oh yeah, he was in the one I just watched (latest one) that accent was pretty shit. Anyway I think they all just got killed when Lorne Malvo stormed the building.

This last episode was super boring.... and I'm usually one who enjoys 'slower' plots, so yeah, kinda disappointing.

I wonder how it will end considering it has been renewed for a second season

but yeah, I fucking love this show. Last weeks episode was prob the best. I mean the death scene with Glenn Howerton was just...epic. And then Key and Peele!WTF???

I'm right there with you, dude. They took probably the most annoying character on the show that everybody pegged for a future murder victim from the second they heard his voice, and then when we saw how it was going down we fucking wanted him to live. I've seen that episode a couple times and that ending is just amazingly well-done.

And yeah, I just caught up on the last two weeks' episodes this morning and I was kind of cised to see Key & Peele. Fuckin' love those guys.

I wonder how it will end considering it has been renewed for a second season

Is it already confirmed that this'll be an anthology series? Because I kind of want them to keep following the characters they've got now...

You know, if anyone's alive by the end of the season, I mean. =D

I'm tempted to watch this. I'm sure I'd enjoy it, but the branding bothers me. I'd be more likely to watch it if it wasn't adapted from a film. I mean, why is this "Fargo" - aside from the fact that they're cashing in on a potential franchise? Same thing goes for RR's "From Dusk Till Dawn", on El Rey. A lot of the time, I don't think the source material, or the original universe, merits expansion.

A re-cast "Fargo" sequel would be a terrible idea, so why is "Fargo" the TV show OK? Because we have lower standards for television? Because every story that merits expansion has already been expanded to death, only to then be resurrected half a dozen times?

Why not adapt other Coen Brother's films into TV shows?

Their first venture into syndicated television adaptations has been a massive success. So, why stop here?

I'm tired of seeing King Kong the movie, then King Kong the Broadway production. Similarly, I'm tired of seeing classic films and TV shows "rebooted" endlessly. The success of "Fargo TV" will lend momentum to this avalanche of recycled shit.

^ While I agree with you that it's annoying that they did an adaptation (or whatever) of the film for TV it is actually really good. The homages to the film are clever and they have homages to other Coen Bros. films which is something I haven't seen with other things of this type. Honestly, as far as 'adaptations' for TV go this one is pretty respectful yet cheeky. Somehow it works. But yeah, I was DEFINITELY hesitant and really surprised the Coens were sold on this to begin with... before I saw it.

The references to the original material and to other work by the Coen Brothers discourages me further from watching. I'm sure the references are clever. I'm sure "Fargo" is a good show. The Coen Brothers don't really make horrendous mistakes (aside from that film they did with Sam Raimi). If Joel and Ethan wanted to, I'm sure they could adapt Mein Kampf into a children's animation and do so successfully. But that doesn't justify anything.

Why put references in "Fargo" to other Coen films, aside from:

1. Pandering to obsessive fanboys/girls.
2. Blatant in-film advertising.
3. Blatant narcissism.

The cheeky aspect doesn't do much for me. Weird Al Yankovic made millions doing bad covers of songs. Although he is making fun of the source material, by doing so he's actually producing material that is far worse. Lucasarts used to blatantly advertise their upcoming video games, back in the 1990s, by putting posters for the games inside other games.

Quentin Tarantino often does the hollow reference thing, having some casual reference to another film within one of his films.

I don't know. It seems to me that the Brothers are getting a bit too big for their boots. I've thought this/ seen it coming for a long time. There has been a noticeable decline since "The Man Who Wasn't There" (which, by no co-incidence, is when they started getting pretentious.)

Before "The Man Who Wasn't There", I loved 6/7 of their films.

After "The Man Who Wasn't There", I've loved 1/6 of their films (haven't seen Inside L. Davis yet.)

I agree with many of your criticisms but they put little in the stock room for me when you haven't even watched the show. You're critiquing the show based on little snippets of insight I've given through a few sentences. It's like criticizing a book when you've only read the inside flap. It doesn't make any sense. Watch a couple episodes, say 'I was right' and I'll respect the critique.

^Was thinking the same thing. Just watch the damn show! :D Its excellent.... Coen Brothers are usually brilliant, and this show absolutely is....Note that they aren't actually the writers however...

Damn, dude, you take your TV-watching pretty seriously.

I LOL'd
14.gif

I'm enjoying it and that's all that matters...

Cool cast, keep 'em coming I'll say!

Just got caught up for tonight. Ole Lester's got himself a bit of a situation on his hands. Pretty pumped about tonight. Might be relatively tame, but should be interesting. Still loving this shit.

What NBA finals? Don't care.