Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Fargo

I can't seem to get into it. I saw the first 3 episodes then I just drifted off now I can't even watch a full episode without getting distracted, when it all comes out, I'll watch it in a sitting! I love Martin Freeman though, one of my favourite TV show actors.

It's not really the accents that are causing me to lose interest, there's something about how they say at the start that the names have been changed but everything else is exactly as it happened, it just seems a bit bullshit to me, the guy keeps getting away with everything and the cops are so moronic and dumb. It just seems too easy the way he is manipulating people. Whatever his name is.

But, I am still going to try and watch another 1 or 2 and see if it can get me back on track. I enjoyed it to start with and I hope it gets my interest back.

Fucking Comcast pulled FX from my channel line-up and I didn't realize until it was time to sit down and watch the new Fargo last night. :(

They also took TBS, TNT, SyFy and probably a bunch of others I haven't noticed yet. Might be time to lose the cable altogether with this bullshit.

Forget all the plot-holes and inauthentic accents, that last ep was gold. So much happened and it was damned entertaining, however unrealistic. I'll at least watch the whole season because it's just simply a fun crime-thriller. Nothing deep, a bit wannabe Breaking Bad, but worth winding down to.

^ Yeah true. That got me back into it, alot of good stuff in that episode. I wont talk about it incase people havent seen it, but a fair bit of gore. Awesome in the heavy snow as well.

I tried to be as vague as possible, but I figure I should throw out the NSFW tags just in case:

NSFW:
Oh my God... That rifle scene? You guys know the one I'm talking about, right? Duct tape, rifle, exercise equipment?

I couldn't stop putting myself in the dude's shoes. That was pure psychological torture, no doubt about it. I've seen some super gory shit on my TV and computer screens, but for some reason the thought of what that person was going through (and what was going through their mind throughout the ordeal) was fucking terrifying to me. Moreso the situation itself, not necessarily the way they played it out.

Fucking Comcast pulled FX from my channel line-up and I didn't realize until it was time to sit down and watch the new Fargo last night. :(

They also took TBS, TNT, SyFy and probably a bunch of others I haven't noticed yet. Might be time to lose the cable altogether with this bullshit.

This is why god invented BitTorrent

Nahhhh, I stream current TV shows that I can't watch on a TV. I caught a couple emails over Game of Thrones back in season 1 or 2 and I've stopped downloading almost everything since (though that was probably more because it's an HBO show than anything else.)

It just pissed me off that night because I was ready to watch and, because the episode was premiering, it wasn't available online anywhere except direct streaming from the Comcast/FX websites. I caught it shortly before I posted in here yesterday. =D

Most people in the north Midwest don't have such accents. The accent in Fargo is affiliated with the original Scandinavian settlers in Minnesota. If a town like Brainerd still largely consists of their decedents the people there may still speak like that.
Nahhhh, I stream current TV shows that I can't watch on a TV. I caught a couple emails over Game of Thrones back in season 1 or 2 and I've stopped downloading almost everything since (though that was probably more because it's an HBO show than anything else.)

It just pissed me off that night because I was ready to watch and, because the episode was premiering, it wasn't available online anywhere except direct streaming from the Comcast/FX websites. I caught it shortly before I posted in here yesterday. =D
Yeah, but if Comcast no longer carries the network then you won't be able to use it as your cable provider to watch on the official network's site. There's not going to be anymore streaming of shows from any of those networks that were dropped. I try not to torrent TV shows and movies so long as there's some way to rent or legally stream them since, unlike with music, the industry is integral in the production of most video. But I'll make exceptions when there's no other way, or a policy is exploitative to consumers. If you look into it there's fairly easy ways to avoid having the likes of HBO send your ISP those notices (they're the only network I know that's really dogged about hunting people down to that extent). I can't blame HBO in principle really, but how things sometimes work out in practice makes me want to undermine their tactics. This is because some ISPs have "3 strikes you're out" policies, and if some kid out on their own for the first time for whom DLing is a social norm downloads the first three episodes of a season in one sitting that's enough to get their internet cancelled. There's not always a warning because it's not always three "separate occasions." Some areas only have one ISP, or the alternative ISPs are outside consumer budgets, and so without even being aware of the severity of the potential consequences suddenly what some may use as their only means of communication/employment gets cut off.

Last edited:
Oh I know! I didn't see it on the Comcast website because they took away my access to FX, the fuckers (strangely enough, I still get FXX)-- that was just the only place I could find it at 10pm on Tuesday. I ended up using watchseries.lt and streamed via gorillavid.

I got lucky with that HBO incident, I was downloading the whole season in one torrent so it wasn't a bunch of separate strikes against me.

I'll have check out techniques for protecting myself if I start downloading torrents again.

I tried to be as vague as possible, but I figure I should throw out the NSFW tags just in case:

NSFW:
Oh my God... That rifle scene? You guys know the one I'm talking about, right? Duct tape, rifle, exercise equipment?

I couldn't stop putting myself in the dude's shoes. That was pure psychological torture, no doubt about it. I've seen some super gory shit on my TV and computer screens, but for some reason the thought of what that person was going through (and what was going through their mind throughout the ordeal) was fucking terrifying to me. Moreso the situation itself, not necessarily the way they played it out.

NSFW:
Yes, that was one of the scariest things I've seen on TV. I thought he did an amazing acting job though. Also, the actual plan was terrifyingly brilliant.

LoVIN' this show!

Billy Bob is such a chillingly terrifying character.

So good

^^

Haha yeah basically my thought exactly. Just ridiculous. So awesome.

Lester is a straight gangstaaaa.

I didn't even know BL had a tv/film sub forum...

but yeah, I fucking love this show. Last weeks episode was prob the best. I mean the death scene with Glenn Howerton was just...epic. And then Key and Peele!WTF???

yeah, Lester has discovered his inner Walter White!

If only his brother could just call Saul... Oh, wait��

rsz_better-call-saul-amc-season-1-2014-poster-2.jpg

Started watching this again tonight. Just realised the guy locked in the pantry is Dennis Reynolds from Always Sunny!

Oh, and for a show that took so much care in getting the accents just right the guy playing the Australian has a fucking woeful accent.