Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Fargo

^^^ ugh, I hate it up here in the Midwest, Fargo's weather is basically my entire end of fall/ winter/ even the beginning of spring... it's VERY depressing after a few months, thank god summer is coming soon. :D

^^^

Damn, man. What state are you in? One of the other OD mods lives in Nebraska, and he's always saying how much it sucks balls. Hah.

You going to move eventually?

I live in southern Michigan, about an hour or so from the Detroit area depending on traffic but yeah, if I can ever actually successfully get off of bupe then I want to go to the South, maybe Southwest part of the US. I'd of moved away a long time ago if I'd never of gotten into dope. I've always wanted to live somewhere that only gets down to like 50 degrees at the most in the middle of the winter instead of this -15 degrees BS that sadly, I've grown up my whole life dealing with.

Just peeped fargo (1996) lots of differences to the show.. I like Buscemi and I don't mind the Coen brothers but I did not find the movie to be well done at all.. really can't come at all the positive reception for the movie.
The TV show is decent so far, but I'm a bit anxious as to where they'll take it. Looking forward to more character development.

^^^

Damn, man. What state are you in? One of the other OD mods lives in Nebraska, and he's always saying how much it sucks balls. Hah.

You going to move eventually?

I can think of worse places weather wise to live but I have lived here my whole life and haven't really been anywhere that's really that much different.

^^^ ugh, I hate it up here in the Midwest, Fargo's weather is basically my entire end of fall/ winter/ even the beginning of spring... it's VERY depressing after a few months, thank god summer is coming soon. :D

Yeah, I'm currently in Michigan as well. This was my first winter in 8 years :!

brilliant show Billy Bob is great.when that guy came in to his apartment and started to intimidate him and he just sat on the bog and had a shit had me rolling with laughter cant wait for Sundays episode

Lol I just watched Fargo (the 1996 movie) yesterday because it's been like 10 years since I saw it last time. It was fun to see where the briefcase with full of money did come from :) I recommend you who haven't seen it check it out! This series is high quality tv there, can't wait the next episode to air. Great cast, nice to see Colin Hanks again too. Haven't seen this Molly (Allison Tolman) before but she's doing superb job too. And Thornton & Freeman, needless to say. Great stuff.

Don't think I'm going to bother with the rest of the season - something about the show grates at me like fingernails on a chalkboard

bit_pattern said:
quirky and depressing
I've not watched the TV show, but I've heard people say about the film that it was "too real." I love "Fargo," but I've certainly re-watched it less than most other films I thought were as good, so I can sort of see why some may not "like" it. Here I mean to distinguish "like" from whether somebody was simultaneously sensible enough to recognize it was "good" in a critical respect. I can understand if people don't like it, but if they conflate their dislike of "Fargo" with its not being done well (*cough,* last page *cough*) I suspect they're either too young to be familiar with older production styles or they have poor taste in film.

^^

Maybe it's the horrendous midwestern accents. Hah.

If you were from the Midwest you would know this is NOT a midwestern accent. It's a NMW accent. North Dakota or Minnesota is not the same thing as the Midwest. Think Brad Pitt vs. Fargo. By this I mean Brad Pitt grew up in Missouri and didn't have to change his accent. It is well-known that Midwesterners 'don't have an accent'. I believe NMWs have a lovable accent. Those that come out of NYC?... no comment.

Last edited:
If you were from the Midwest you would know this is NOT a midwestern accent. It's a NMW accent. North Dakota or Minnesota is not the same thing as the Midwest. Think Brad Pitt vs. Fargo. By this I mean Brad Pitt grew up in Missouri and didn't have to change his accent. It is well-known that Midwesterners 'don't have an accent'. I believe NMWs have a lovable accent. Those that come out of NYC?... no comment.
I agree. Hollywood copies the Midwestern "accent" in everything it doesn't intend to have a specific American location. I'm from the Midwest and I'll never forget asking a German foreign exchange student who went to our school to make fun of our accent (after doing what I imagined was a "Colonel Klink" impression of the German accent) -- after which he said "you don't have an accent." We're that perfectly monotone, apparently.

Yeah the accent in the show sounds more like a Wisconsin accent, not people from Minnesota.

The accents are growing on me. Slowly but surely.

It started when Billy Bob had to switch over with the police. That part was pretty awesome.

^^

Yeah showed off some awesome acting skills too. He's really been killing it so far in this role. Haven't seen him this good in a while.