• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Thinking of trying heroin. Pretty desperate

SwedishCat

Greenlighter
I'm new here, so please excuse my post/questions if they have already been asked a million times before :/

I have lymphoma and have considerable pain, on and off. Very long story short, I cannot afford the meds. I've looked into every possible med help program and no chance of that. I'm thinking very very seriously of trying heroin. I have never done it, purchased it, or even know how to go about the entire process. I'm just gonna go out there (live near Detroit) and sit in a parking lot until approached. Nervous and scared, but I need relief before I go crazy. Am I crazy for doing this??

You could try a methadone clinic, their price varies enormously by state apparently but it is worth looking into. That way you can skip the heroin which you may like too much. Has it metasticized?

try methadone or try to find someone on the street with oxy because once you start hitting the needle it gets worse an jonseing is noooo fun at all..i understand your in pain but try maybe tramadol or buy online or mexico or somthin it saves $$ because you will become addicted and it gets expensive because your tolerance shoots up and even if you could take hydrocodone you won't feel it...so try making that your last resort.

^^ Maybe methadone.... you will be on a stable dose and not at the mercy of dealers and purity.

I strongly suggest you do not go down the heroin road, it is a very hard drug to control and addiction to it can ruin everything. Most of the old school cats I know wish they had never even heard of heroin, and many more are dead. Keep in mind though that both of these drugs cause very strong dependency.

I would not go with heroin it is not a very long analgesic. The others are right Methadone is fairly cheap and you can avoid jail or being robbed. Good Luck man I hope you find some relief I know how bad pain can be.

do Not go the heroin route...you would be much better off going with methadone...find a clinic somewhere and they will work with you..heroin tolerance grows quick and puts you into a nasty 'have to find money and then my dealer to cop' scenario every single day..factor in withdrawals and its misery..

Please do not start down that path. Go seek pain management if you can but you have convinced yourself your going to do this than do it safe and not on the streets Detroit. Ask around for some reputable vendors and don't put yourself in physical harms way. Think about it

If you absolutely have to stay in the Detroit area then follow the methadone route. It's the cheapest way to get reliable pain relief.

If you can leave the area, move west. Oregon, California, Colorado. Find cannabis oil. Try to cure yourself.

I'm just gonna go out there (live near Detroit) and sit in a parking lot until approached. Nervous and scared, but I need relief before I go crazy. Am I crazy for doing this??

that is a crazy way to go about it imo

I feel for you, but heroin as a solution does not make sense for a number of reasons.

#1: financially. heroin is best as a pain med when it's injected, which will lead you to build up a tolerance quite quickly. 6 months after you first try it, it's almost a guarantee that your habit will be significantly more expensive.
#2: heroin does not stay in your body for very long, especially when injected. it's in and out in a few hours (the half life is like three hours). and therefore not an effective pain treatment.
#3: if you are already sick, your immune system is compromised. this will make it more likely that you get one of the many physical complications related to IV heroin use (I'm speaking of this because it's what I do personally) like abscesses, vein infections, etc. I too am immunocompromised and have found this to be true. I would think putting your body through heroin use would also make it harder for you to get healthy.
#4: if you're in pain now, wait til 6 months down the road, when you have become physically dependent and you're dopesick. I've had a lot of medical problems (chronic pain/cancer at a young age) and I'm no baby when it comes to being sick or in pain, but there is nothing like being REALLY dopesick. you'll curse the day you first tried it. and it will only compound your current pain.
#5: you'll likely get ripped off if you deal with a stranger and they can tell you don't know what you're doing.

if anything, you should just buy pills on the street (they're usually easier for a layperson to find anyway). there also may be some people here who know about buying pills online (I don't). have you talked to your doctor about all pain management options?

I really wish the best of luck to you and feel for your situation.

also, if pills really aren't an option, you might look into poppy tea--like the kind of opium tea you make from those dried poppy pods you can buy online under the guise of using them for flower arrangement (I'm sure there's lots of info on bluelight about that). they're pretty cheap. I've never tried it for pain myself, but since it's an opioid I think it would probably help. it also has a long half life, and therefore will be a more effective painkiller.

If you cant afford meds you probably shouldnt be doing heroin...... being too sick to work/unlimited tolerance is waiting for you. More tolerance=less money. its not cheap by any means once your addicted