• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Smoked meth duration

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
After you take a hit of meth, how long does the initial high last?

Well, depending on the quality you might not even feel it off one hit. lol

But generally, a meth high lasts about 8-12 hours (for me at least) It depends on the person...
but that's only if you don't continue to use after the first sesh ;P
Which is unlikely in most cases... heh
It will definitely keep you awake all night.
but people can stay awake smoking for days. I've been there, not my cup of tea, lol.

~Ms.P

It all depends on the person but with good stuff it should keep you awake for 12 hours sometimes more but everybody metabolises drugs differently some faster than others. With smoking I find even with the long half life you feel like doing another hit pretty soon after cause you start to fiend hardcore. I find smoking is the only ROA that causes this. Snorting and I.V.ing lasts the longest.
If this is your first time doing it then it could very well last a few days or whole weekend e end with smoking. I remember the first time I took a hit of Meth I inhaled and didn't know your not supposed to hold it in and I tried to hold it, really weird feeling I thought. After this one hit I was unable to sleep all weekend bit want tweaking just felt good like life was perfect unlike Cocaine use.

Last edited:
This is how long meth lasts for me based on RoA. YMMV based on quality, tolerance, and dosing.

Oral - 4-6h
Insufflated - 3-5h
Vaporized - ~2-3h of high with a total of 4-8h of stimulation (varies greatly based on dose)

IV

Rush - 15-45min (depending on dose/quality/thickness of solution (thicker=stronger longer lasting rush - I've fallen back and almost puked from shots that had slow moving bubbles in them)

High - 6-12h

(and at times I've had effects go on for 16+h but this is usually the time I start seeing/hearing things I don't wanna see/hear that aren't there - kids, don't slam 350mg of meth if you're on the maximum dose (300mg/day) of amitriptyline for depression lol)

the rush lasts for 15 minutes?!? Holy shit. An opiate rush only lasts like a minute for me

I found with Meth, it was an instant smack in the head rush but the actual "high" Doesn't last very long from smoking it but the stimulation does. If its your first time expect to be up all night. To give you an idea, the first time I ever smoked it, it was 3am and I was stoned out of my mind falling asleep in my chair waiting for my older sister to get home who bought back some meth with her and offered me a pipe. I (stupidly) agreed and was up for the rest of the night and the next afternoon was in the backyard shoveling weeds about 10-12 hours later. 8 Months later I was a Meth junky using the shit daily. By all means try it. But definitely not one too fuck with.. screwed my life up for years and I was only on it for about 12 months. Even now I still dabble in it abit. If I were you... stick to snorting.