• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

opiate withdrawals from a small habit?

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
basically I've been using various opiates over the past two years. My opioids of choice were mostly hydrocodone and tramadol. I had used oxycodone and codiene as well but only a few times. My most recent opioid discovery was kratom.

I have only binged a few times, about four 5 day tramadol binges and a kratom binge of 3 to 4 weeks. my usual tramadol dose is 200 to 250mg and my kratom dose was between 5 to 14 grams a day.

I seem to be getting what seems like minor withdrawals. restless sleep, extreme depression, (i am depressive by default) upset stomach, and I just got a bloody nose which is completely out the norm for me. this has lasted about 3 days and started about a day or two after my last tramadol dose.

is it possible my recent kratom binge pushed me over the edge into withdrawal territory? I have never experienced withdrawal or hangover symptoms before. I have also never used for more than a week at a time.

Probably kratom is the culprit since you had binged for a few weeks. But tramadol has so many side effects, that's one drug I don't like simply for that reason. We don't know too much about kratom because it hasn't been heavily studied so I would not discount your symptoms.

You might want to think of getting that depression taken care of or you'll probably end up using for longer.

That's why I've thought seriously about quitting, I really don't want things getting worse. the last couple days have been pretty bad, having a rebound too much larger than this sounds like hell.

Taper your dosing down and it will ease. This is controversial but each hhis own...I used a "lesser" opiate to get off hydros and it working well. I used DHC to help me transition. I then switched to Kratom which works wonders but be careful cause tolerance builds quickly. Good luck

ya one thing for sure is it gets worse and hardier to deal with when you use more and for longer. Sounds like your going through minor withdrawls and you are pretty uncomfortable. You can treat your depression with many other things. Naturally and through medication.

drug use over time usually leads to tolerence which leads to simply taking more. And if your getting it off the street, its enivitable that the connect will be dry for a little while and youll have to go through it. Some withdrawls are just so shitty to deal with. Cant sleep, eat, work, or much else. You can just exist and thats it. So ya the withdrawls can get much worse.

An odd thing i have experienced in my life and its not a good thing is this. One of the greatest reliefs in life is when you are just really fuckin sick and the difference you feel after you take your drug. When you go from a state where you can barely move to the complete other end of the spectrum where you feel great is quite an experience if you think about it.

^^

If I'm dt'ing hard off of Xanax, I'll end up having tingles running down my back after SL'ing 2+mg.