Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Summarized report and for plugged 5-MAPB

Saucy

Bluelighter
Dosage: 85mg
Administration Discomfort: Moderate. Somewhat worse than plugging MDMA; easily more tolerable than plugging 2C-B.

Comeup Timeline

T+0:02: First effects noticed.
T+0:06: Moderate euphoria
T+0:15: Heartrate is through the roof, which does not happen to me with oral 5-MAPB doses.
T+0:20: Definitely feeling considerable discomfort in my large intestine / colon. Still oddly euphoric though.
T+0:35: Took some etizolam to calm down my heartrate.
T+0:50: The roll is finally smoothing out. Starting to feel really good.
T+0:60: Stabilized. The effects feels like a large oral 5-MAPB dose. Definitely stronger than any I have taken orally.

Peak

All the desired effects are there. Music appreciation is sublime. Empathogenic effects are decent. I get the impression that they would be better at a lower dosage though. Feeling pretty excellent overall.

Comedown Timeline

T+2:50: The effects are starting to gradually lessen.
T+3:20: The entactogenic effects have decreased significantly. Empathogenic effects are still pretty pronounced.
T+4:00: The effects have largely disappeared at this point. I feel mildly strung out and serotonin depleted, but not any more than I would have with an equipotent oral dose.

Summary

The primary effects were very similar to what I would expect from an equipotent oral dosage of 5-MAPB (probably about 150-160mg oral), but this method of administration offered no advantages over oral administration aside from the lower dosage required, and the somewhat difficult comeup, and lower-GI discomfort made this route of administration not worth the trouble in my opinion.

Last edited:
Oh wow, did you have any research regarding plugging that substance? Did you do it for science? Ah, I love to see a true psychonaut writing exp reports for substances that aren't really well known. I liked your report, it was short and put together nice but I think you should have elaborated a bit more on the feeling.

Oh wow, did you have any research regarding plugging that substance?

No, this was my first time plugging 5-MAPB.

Did you do it for science?

Plugging MDMA is vastly preferable to eating it in terms of the quality of the effects and experience IMO, so I wanted to see if the same was true of 5-MAPB for future reference.

I think you should have elaborated a bit more on the feeling.

There are lots of reports on oral 5-MAPB out there now, so I figured mentioning that it produced similar effects to oral administration would be sufficient.

The entactogenic effects have decreased significantly. Empathogenic effects are still pretty pronounced.

So you know, entactogenesis refers to "touching within", not tactile enhancement.

ebola

Noted. Is there a technical term for tactile enhancement?