• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc First time meth use

Sweet Jesus,
You sound young and naive as hell.
Now don't take that as an insult,
the two go together.

We where all there at one point.
This drug...
Is in a class of drugs that ask the question...
"Are humans meant to have this kind of power?"
It's not safe, Physically corroding and if you can find
one person who has been able to control it.
(actual proof of someone who uses meth medicinally
to supplement there life without abusing and destroying)
I will be truly amazed.

Theres better drugs out there, ones that will actualy leave you feeling better the next day, instead of worse.. or still awake.

Your last point is a good one. Just think about how shitty you feel after using meth. Now ask yourself, can I really use this regularly and recreationally? Anything that makes you feel that shitty just cannot be very good for you. It will destroy you.

I don't understand why this forum as a whole seems to hate on meth more than heroin. Heroin seems just as bad to me. But if someone posts about shooting up heroin they just get encouraged to do it safely, not talked out of it in the same way as meth.

I don't understand why this forum as a whole seems to hate on meth more than heroin. Heroin seems just as bad to me. But if someone posts about shooting up heroin they just get encouraged to do it safely, not talked out of it in the same way as meth.

Ha are you kidding? We have an entire stickied megathread that's trying to talk people out of doing heroin... and basically every thread a new member post makes about using heroin, everyone tries to talk them out of it.. In fact, it actually happens way way less with meth. So I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

You clearly do not spend enough time here if that's the judgement you came up with. Because if anything, it's the opposite.

We are a drug HR forum and that comes with a balance of trying to talk somebody out of going down a path of misery (be it meth, heroin, crack, whatever), and if they are clearly going to do it anyway or have been doing it for a while anyway, then it's about making sure they do it in the safest way possible.

Really? I don't think that this forum has a stronger anti-methamphetamine 'stigma' if you will, vs heroin. Some people that use heroin only tend to hate on methamphetamine a bit maybe from bias or what they've heard, and some methamphetamine users hate on heroin users for the same biased reasons, Bluelight does not condone the abuse of ANY drug, and every drug has it's drawbacks.

Methamphetamine is associated with neurotoxicity, binging, very high relapse and addiction rates, extremely potent on the lowest level of the chain of command of suppliers of these drugs. I've seen many people's IV technique be absolutely disgusting, and just because yes, most crystal is around 90% pure so it looks like glass and on contact with a likely non-sterile water source, the crystal dissolves pretty much instantaneously and requires no manipulation, heat, or anything like that to yield a solution that is clear and to the naked eye probably looks fine for injection, but the naked eye is a horrible way of determining the contamination that will be bypassing your bodies every last defense mechanism.

Similar issues arise with heroin. Heroin, In my biased opinion having encountered almost exclusively the black/brown tar heroin and have seen how careless people are and don't find it concerning to be injecting a heated shoe-polish like substance and then filtering it inadequately (and even with proper micron filtration, tar heroin I've filtered DOES yield a clear-ish, off-brown color to it, so even after running it through a 5.0um --> 1.0um --> 0.45um ---> 0.2um micron syringe filters, it looks like strained diarrhea.) However, on the east coast where powder H is prevalent, (and remembering that it is CRITICAL to apply micron filtration no matter what you're IVing. It is required for ALL intravenous injections.) east coast powder H is a lot easier to filter yielding a solution that to the naked eye is nowhere near as concerning visually vs black tar heroin.

We take hard drugs very seriously around here, you should know that by doing so you're putting yourself and others at risk and people come here, whether they know it or not, intentionally or accidentally, they come here posting questions that we expect to be answered in a serious, non-glorifying, non-condoning any form of substance abuse. Bluelight and OD are harm reduction focus forums, and that's the type of discussion we will be fielding around here, and personally, I take first time methamphetamine abuse threads pretty seriously considering just how serious a situation it is in reality.

Everyone can defend their drug of choice, but what's the point of defending any form of drug abuse? We don't condone ANY drug abuse. It's minimization of harm incurred during abuse that as we all know, DOES and WILL take place REGARDLESS of whether the poster makes a thread here or merely is a lurking reader who maybe used the search engine and found the thousands of results that outline the horrors of abusing the drug in question.

There isn't any division of methamphetamine users vs opioid users, if anything there's a unification from what I've seen... Concurrent abuse of both substances, and poly drug abuse is a whole different dimension re: how lethal it is to the user and those around them.

Thanks to both of you for the thoughtful replies. You can see by my post count I haven't been around too much, but I've been a member for a few years and have read a lot more threads than I've posted in. I've definitely gotten the impression that meth use was discouraged much more than heroin use, speaking as unbiased since I've never tried either one. Maybe it reflects the proportions of the membership rather than the leadership, or maybe I'm in the wrong threads. :)

^^^

Read the "Should I Try Heroin? Megathread, linked in my signature and then tell me we don't try to steer people away from dope. Just look at the OD homepage at any given time, there are way more casual meth threads where no dissuasion is going on at all, compared to tons of opiate/heroin threads where people are always trying to steer people away from it.

Thanks to both of you for the thoughtful replies. You can see by my post count I haven't been around too much, but I've been a member for a few years and have read a lot more threads than I've posted in. I've definitely gotten the impression that meth use was discouraged much more than heroin use, speaking as unbiased since I've never tried either one. Maybe it reflects the proportions of the membership rather than the leadership, or maybe I'm in the wrong threads. :)

I wouldn't be surprised, from time to time in threads, I see addicts here posting biased info, clearly very pro-their drug of choice and the type to think that any other substance would be mortal Sin. But I think they are a minority, the people who are informed and/or experienced with poly drug use have a much better scope of things and the bigger picture / long term.

1. I know it causes weight loss, and I was thinking that maybe I could use it to get to my desired weight, then stop. I have the will power to stop.

2. Will I gain the weight back quickly? I have a fairly healthy diet, but because of genetics I'm severely over weight.

3. So all in all, can i use it for some time then quit without ending up looking like shit? I've got a hella cute face that i'd like to keep. ;)

1. Every addict ever.

2. Yes, you will. Genetics is an excuse by the way.

3. Most of the "side effects" from meth such as meth mouth are really from users not taking care of themselves while tweaking. Brush your fucking teeth.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard people say they were only going to try methamphetamine just a couple times, that they're just experimenting, I would be typing this from my private island after having checked the latest increase in my trillion dollar company's stock rising.

If I had a nickel for every time I saw people stick to that, I doubt I could afford a damn thing at the 99 cent store.

Yeah it's a hell of a drug that's for sure. I smoked meth for the first time a month ago and even though I did just two hits it took a good two weeks for me to stop constantly thinking about it. I turned it down last weekend but I'd still like to try it oral sometime for comparison but I don't trust myself to keep any on hand.

I've known meth addicts who stayed fat too. Genetics is a powerful thing.

The guy that hooked me up has been doing it on and off for years and like you said he is still on the pudgy side nor does he look like the stereotypical meth user but he doesn't do it all the time, he still considers himself an addict though.

I try to discourage either, especially IV route as either will ruin you, tho *I* personally DO hate on stimulants in general (and meth in particular) more than downers (benzos, alcohol, opiates). Ive seen old heroin addicts, and recovering addicts who managed to get off the shit. Not NEARLY as many success stories with meth. A friend of mine had a pacemaker and part of a pig's heart put in her about 20 years ago from doing meth. She was so fkn high she didnt notice she'd left a tampon in... for FIVE MONTHS. She wet spetic as hell and almost died. She'l be 48 next year, has been clean from speed for 20, but is permanently altered by just a few short years of us. H did the same to me, tho sharing works and the subsequent Hep C did WAY more damage than the drug. With meth, the drug itself is the problem, and it's only compounded by impurities and ROA.

my first time smoking meth i went on an all out BINGE. it's extremely easy to get addicted to. some people can handle it, others can't. like dancing with the devil. if you care what your family thinks or about your reputation dont do it. but if you don't, fuck it do it just dont do it so bad where your face and teeth get fucked up

Meth is the most insidious drug I know of, personally. It definitely creeps into your life fast, is readily available (at least where I live) and (IMO) it's the most "shameful" of common drugs, maybe with the exception of crack cocaine...I don't know, I always feel kind of guilty whenever I do it, like I'm fulfilling a stereotype or something (because I'm white, working class and live in a rural "backwoods" area). Odd because I can snort up all the cocaine I want and not feel the least bit guilty about it, but meth....meth....ugh. I wouldn't recommend trying it, but your mileage may vary.

ive done it years but i do it like once a week im done after 1 or two nights some people cant put it down so good luck
not sure what prefix to put this under, so sorry if its wrong!
I snorted my first line since my friend had some on her, and its been two days and I kinda want to do it again. it's not like a nagging feeling like not having a cigarette after not smoking for a few days, but I feel like maybe I want to start using it every once in a while.
I know it causes weight loss, and I was thinking that maybe I could use it to get to my desired weight, then stop. I have the will power to stop.
Will I gain the weight back quickly? I have a fairly healthy diet, but because of genetics I'm severely over weight.

So all in all, can i use it for some time then quit without ending up looking like shit? I've got a hella cute face that i'd like to keep. ;)