• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Diphenhydramine/Benadryl - New to hallucinogens - I heard voices. Weird voices.

Hydromethomine

Bluelighter
I am usually looking for different things to feel. Never hallucinated, so I am attempting here. I decided on a fair dose of 300mg of Diphenhydramine. I am familiar with the substance, yet only at lower doses. I have gotten a "nodding out" effect from it. I realize all the dangers and have done research (please consult in your search engine for extra information on the substance BEFORE use!). Please note I have rounded my times to multiples of five.

5:45 - Popped 12 Benadryl 25mg tablets for a total of 300mg.

6:10 - Tired, very tired. I'm planning on some coffee soon.

6:15 - Dizziness begins.

6:20 - Slightly light headed and more confused

6:25 - Effecs kick in. Hearing voices speak unintelligable things, along with hearing a bird chirp. I am now paranoid. It's quite a freaky trip, I cannot decide if this is feal or not. Sounds are annoying to hear. I also hear a dog bark.

6:35 - I am now seeing things move. A coat on the chair appears to want to stand up, I find this specific object very intimidating

6:40 - Cant even stand up, feeling weak enough that I couldn't get all the wat back.

7:00 - Now colors are switching shades and lights are moving across my vision.

7:20 - Restless leg, very annoying. Slight hallucination, but it is the comedown now.

Those audio hallucinations still slightly appear now, but it is 8:18. The colors of the world still change. Alright experience, kind of scary (But that's what it does I suppose).

300mg isn't a terrible dose. It's anything above 400mg that's like taking a trip to hell and back. I remember my experience quite well... it's as if everything was in an orange tint, and I kept hearing weird noises (weren't even voices). The noise I most frequently heard was the closing of a laundry basket (the kind that have a lid).
I remember wanting and tryinf to sleep, but I just ended up pacing around my room paranoid, clenching my hair. It was insanity. About an hour later, I settled down.
Your motor function is so screwed up too... and it's not the "slow" effect like you get from DXM. It's like a dizzy effect (the best way I can explain it). I remember trying to plug my phone in, and I swear it took me 15 minutes to do. My vision was so blurry and I couldn't get a general feel of anything.

@Waffle Sock
Diphenhydramine shouldn't give anyone the urge to vomit. It's a very rare side effect.

I was slightly dizzy, not too bad. I had horrible short term memory, had to keep checking things I was trying to type. I didn't have many visual hallucinations besides objects waving around and the random motion in the corner of my eye. I did not get the urge to vomit. I just woke up and the only unusual thing is I feel more drained and I have a dry mouth. I wouldn't call it enjoyable, but it wasn't bad. I get easily freaked out on it, I suppose it induces paranoia. Just hearing a bird chirping next to me made my heart race (which I later learned may have not been a hallucination, it's hard to say though.)

Oh, also I weigh around 140.

This reminds me of the time when I downed 12 Dramamine. I remember seeing a little metal ball bouncing around the room, hearing furniture talk to me and thinking it was real, having conversations with people over the phone that I later learned didn't actually happen, and had such a horrible body load and restless legs that kept me from sitting still for longer than 10 seconds. Deliriants are the worst kind of hallucinogens to mess with... sooo not worth it.

back in february i was on 600 mg Benadryll and idk how much methadone it was but i ended up in the hospital 3 days and dont remember shit.i dont even remember getting in an ambulance.i just remember "waking up" in the hospital after i had actually been there 8 hours wondering who the fuck these people were(my family) and where the fuck i was and how the fuck they got a needle in me without me ripping someones throat out. i was talking to people who werent there and after that i just layed there,kept crying and feeling and hearing things that werent there. someone would say something and id look at them and say "what"? only to find i was alone. later on while i was waiting to be transported (waiting for my heart rate to slow down) i sat there and watched the curtains move.

Sounds like a typical mild trip on diphenhydramine. The stuff generally has quite a creepy vibe to it and isn't really like psychedelics, it's more of a delirious experience. Some people can control themselves quite well on it, but a lot can't, which is why it can be dangerous at the higher dosages. I'm not a big fan of delirious experiences, so DPH isn't really my thing, but if your going to use it again stick to the somewhat lower doses (300-400 mg) because higher than that, it can be very powerful (e.g. talking to people who aren't there, etc.)

Ive never actually enjoyed tripping on DPH. IMO its not even tripping. Its more of just being cast into a schizophrenic episode. If you really want to have a fun time tripping, try a REAL hallucinogen.

Yeah DPH may be a hallucinogen, but it's definitely not psychedelic at all. Those are the hallucinogens you want, or dissociatives perhaps as well.

scariest drug ive ever done, made me wnat to die i was seeing black shadows and ugh just thinking about it gives me the chills.

Don't forget the widespread disruption of bodily systems!

This substance will even mess with your dreams- Ive been taking diphenhydramine to sleep and I swear I have the craziest dreams on it. Could not imagine doing what you are doing lol