• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

3,4-dfpct

blueberries

Bluelighter
This just cropped up on my radar. I was reading about 2-PTC and how horrific it could be but this seems like there could be some sort of activity, beyond neurotoxicity, to it.

Does anyone have any other information about it?

vvkMJRJ

http://imgur.com/vvkMJRJ

That's a derivative of tranylcypromine, and therefore could well have MAOI activity similar to tranyl, making it have dangerous interactions with many other drugs and even some foods. Extreme caution is recommendable.

Like 4-FA compared to 4-MA (or PMA), reducing the neurotoxicity, I would think that this MAOI activity would be lost at some point. I vaguely remember Shulgin trying a Cyclopropylamine but I can't find it online. If I had my book it would be easier so if anyone can find the listing it would be greatly appreciated.

The cyclopropylamine made by Shulgin is DMCPA, see http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal056.shtml .

In the PIHKAL entry, Shulgin writes:
This material is intimately related to tranylcypromine, a clinically proven antidepressant. This drug is a known monoamine oxidase inhibitor, and it is certainly possible that some of this pharmacological property might be found in DMCPA if it were to be looked for. The hints of physical toxicity at the higher doses assayed might suggest some such activity.

Like 4-FA compared to 4-MA (or PMA), reducing the neurotoxicity, I would think that this MAOI activity would be lost at some point. I vaguely remember Shulgin trying a Cyclopropylamine but I can't find it online. If I had my book it would be easier so if anyone can find the listing it would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think there's any reason to think that a 4-fluoro or difluoro substitution will reduce MAO activity. I'm not familiar with any SAR studies that cover that particular bit. I don't think that end of the molecule has a whole lot to do with the MAO activity, instead with the cyclopropylamine tail. I think there's a cyclobutylamine analogue of tranylcypromine that also has MAO inhibitory activity. Tranylcybutamine maybe.. heh