• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Workaholics Anonymous

Maya

Bluelight Crew
So yeah, the title of the thread says it. I am fully aware that I have been complaining about how chaotic my workplace is at the moment due to being short staffed but I can't deny it, I am still a workaholic.

I am able to gain access to my username and password from home, so I can choose to work at home after work. There are projects at work that I cannot continue/finish due to being bothered about by so many things by so many different people about other work-related issues. At home, I can just lock myself in my room and start working without a phone call, or other interruptions. You can call me crazy but I love the feeling of being able to pass deadlines earlier or in a timely manner.

Is there anyone else here who is a workaholic besides Maya?

Last edited:
I should be a consultant for this group Maya.. I hate most work and it is really almost impossible to get me to do work I dont enjoy.

But I know who I will hire when I need someone:)

^:D I will be waiting for your offer NSA! You will not regret hiring me, the most hardworking woman in this planet! I can multitask and I can be whatever you want me to be: accountant/receptionist/administrative support/switchboard and sales you name!

I'm terribly workaholic. Last time I had a day off from both jobs (one full and one part time) was over three months ago. Between both, I'm averaging 70+ hours/week.

I love it!

Holy smokes Tude! I guess I'm not the only one then! How many hours do you work a week for the second job?

I work about 45 hours a week at the old job, assuming I only work four days. The new job, I work anywhere from 18 hours or more. I racked up 45.5 hours in three days about two weeks ago. It came out to 92 hours between both jobs.

Definitely a workaholic here. During the "peak time", I work about 50 hrs/week. Non-peak time, there simply isn't work, which is nice to "force" me not to work as much. Then, on the weekends, I work on my second / part time job.
I hate leaving things unfinished or whatever, so I keep working... grrr.

Lol I'm the same way! I bet we're all perfectionists, too. It usually comes with the title.

Y'all ever hear of something called burnout? It's real.

Try to treat yourself to a vacation once in a while. It can work wonders for your physical and mental health.

732a52cb_TheMoreYouKnow.gif

I am working a 40-45h full-time job and a 15h part-time job for the next 5 months. I also have a few side-projects going that generate income. And 10-12h in the week training in the gym. But it's good to finally feel like I am in charge of things again. I'll have someone working under me at the full-time job soon (and could be looking at a promotion come autumn if my boss relocates), I have a lot of leverage at the part-time job, and I enjoy the side-projects. But I have a lot of energy and drive, I don't have a problem working this much.

I do the math as to what kind of bank balance I can have by the end of the year if I exercise financial discipline...and it will be divine...

Definitely a workaholic here. During the "peak time", I work about 50 hrs/week. Non-peak time, there simply isn't work, which is nice to "force" me not to work as much. Then, on the weekends, I work on my second / part time job.
I hate leaving things unfinished or whatever, so I keep working... grrr.
I know I dislike leaving some work stuff unfinished, it just makes work better the next day. I used to have a second job but lacked interest in continuing to work there.

Jerry I definitely know the burnt out feeling because I experience it a lot but at the same time I'm accustomed to the busy lifestyle. Whenever I'm away on vacation I would still open up my work emails. Yep it's not good I know :D

Jerry, my irl friends tell me all the time I'll burn myself out. It's like I don't care or don't believe it can happen to me. Before I got the second job, I used to be miserable. Now, I'm happy lol. I like pushing the limits lol.

It is morally indefensible for me to burn myself out. In spite of that I work very hard, and sometimes have to call time out.

I'm not here to talk any of you into taking a vacation. I at least hope that if you're working this hard, you are saving up a nest egg so you can retire and just work a part-time job ;)

LOL. My boyfriend and I are planning to take a vacation to Miami in September. Excited for that :)

Vacation? What vacation? LOL!

But yeah jerry you are absolutely right! I'm workin hard and workin hard on saving up money too. I won't be taking a vacation until December of this year unfortunately. I'm blaming it on maternity leave lol

I'm not here to talk any of you into taking a vacation. I at least hope that if you're working this hard, you are saving up a nest egg so you can retire and just work a part-time job ;)

I'll always work full time so I can have health insurance, but yes, I'm saving up a nest egg. =D

LOL. My boyfriend and I are planning to take a vacation to Miami in September. Excited for that :)

Hint-hint, Miami is in Florida...

Vacation? What vacation? LOL!

But yeah jerry you are absolutely right! I'm workin hard and workin hard on saving up money too. I won't be taking a vacation until December of this year unfortunately. I'm blaming it on maternity leave lol

There must be something in the water where you work lol!

something about being able to just escape to a job every day always appealed to me. My grandfather was the same way and is probably why he still works at age 78, he just wants to get away from his wife.

and what are you gonna tell somebody? "dont go to work!"

as long as its not a job where I have to act fake nice for people, no way would that be enjoyable. I guess TECHNICALLY im supposed to do that at my job but everyone has a different definition of "nice" and the manager and I seem to share the same opinion on it.

Me showing you where something is at or getting you something that is missing from the shelf in a timely fashion is being nice.

me telling you everything about what you are looking for is going above and beyond. And to be honest, the place I work for doesnt have to do that because there is no other game in town and that fits me perfectly lol

granted I actually do answer a lot of questions in a friendly fashion but the whole time in the back of my head its just like

dont care dont care dont care dont care dont care....

I'll always work full time so I can have health insurance, but yes, I'm saving up a nest egg. =D

Hint-hint, Miami is in Florida...

There must be something in the water where you work lol!

^^ I am actually not as irritated as before but still annoyed that they got into maternity leave together. I guess it has given me a chance to prove myself better that I can handle a three or even a four man job.

I get bored if I have too many days off...

And boredom usually leads to drug use

:(

I guess need a new hobby