• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Etiquette for selling drugs between friends

buttannibal69

Greenlighter
Hey all, I have a friend who does occasional, low-volume dealing (virtually 100% weed) but whom I've never bought from - we don't have a dealer-client relationship. A few months ago he started hyping me on this big batch of acid he lucked into with his roommates, talking obvious nonsense about how he was going to be selling whole vials for cheap. When it finally came, he initially gave me a pretty reasonable street price for good acid. My assumption was this is what he paid for it. Then he tried to jack up the price at the last minute, claiming "otherwise I wouldn't make any profit, sorry I did the math wrong." The jerking me around aside, am I wrong to assume it's customary to charge your friends whatever you paid for drugs if a) you bought them at street price and b) you're not sustaining a regular business with that substance? Am I just being naive? Is there a norm at all?

If it's not a regular business, it is customary to charge your friends cost, or close to cost, if he was gonna charge 10 but then said 12-13, give him a break, because there is risk in dealing with the stuff.

The axiom is if a friend has given to you at cost or free, you give it to them at cost or free.

I had a friend once who when he sold weed to me definitely sold it at a profit, so if I sold him stuff, I charged him more. like 50%

No real etiquette imo. If the friend works a six-figure job or something, I wouldn't expect a tax. But if they're having financial issues, taking a big risk, had to bust balls to get it, etc then I wouldn't blame them for upping the price.

Pay a fair price or walk away.

I think it can also depend on what your intentions are also. If you plan to sell for profit, then why should you make profit and not him. Unless you come to an arrangement whereby he sells to you for cost and you split the proceeds.

depends if it's a pain in the ass to get more of whatever you're selling

in this case i think it would be fair to let them know that you buy it for x $, but since it's a hassle to get, you're gonna charge them a bit more

If I'm happy with the price I'm getting ill pay it, if he's a friend, doesn't matter to me whether or not it's cost. He is taking risk and especially if its a regular thing for him then he deserves to make a cut. I mean, would you have a friend do weekly grocery shopping for you for free if you paid for the groceries?

thanks guys. i realize i should have included the $ amounts (sorry, got the rules here mixed up with other forums). original was $10, updated was $15. if it was only up to like 12-13 i would have just held my nose.

also just to clarify it's not a regular thing for him - first time he's ever come by acid & i think it was basically completely by chance. and he's selling most of it in bulk to a frat.

i guess the details matter in a sitch like this.

I mean people don't sell drugs for fun.... unless you're planning on buying a lot of acid I wouldn't be pissed about a bit of a tax. I don't have any connects for hallucinogenic drugs anymore so I don't know what acid goes for these days, but back when I could get it, it was $10 a hit. we're talking about over 10 years ago now, so I would think $15 isn't all that unreasonable.

You really shouldn't do business with your friends, as it tends to cause a lot of problems. You cut them deals, spot them, etc, and treat them differently. But then when they start owing you money and not paying you back, asking for too many favors and always expecting you to hook them up.. it turns into an issue.

For me, business is business, and I keep it the same for everybody. No special treatment as it always comes back to bite me in the ass.

While I never considered I dealt, the moment APBs got banned in UK everyone came to me to rob me of my stash. If I was going to be using with my friends, it wouldn't cost them a penny. If I wasn't going to be around then I'd just make up a figure that seems reasonable and was probably a tiny bit more than what i paid but pretty much equivalent to if they ordered that much online.

$5 isn't something I'd get worked up over, unless you're buying many hits.

hey all, thanks again. the main thing i thought was annoying was a) that he wasn't running a business & isn't really a dealer and b) that i was buying on behalf of a bunch of other people (also friends of his) which he wasn't willing to give me a discount on either, so then had to go back and tell them all the price went up.

but i take the point about sucking it up.

I only do drugs with one of my friends really. We sell to each other at cost + maybe a couple bucks for gas or risk. We don't fuck each other over because our friendship is stronger than the chemical bonds we enjoy consuming together.

Fuck I'm soundin like a lifetime movie or some shit. For real though trust is earned over time and even then u gotta be careful. If someone is selling to u at cost they really value u and don't fuck that up!

My thoughts on this is plain and simple and keeps everyone from asking questions or thinking their getting screwed. Business is business no matter who is involved. You dont give your friends discounts just cause your friends. If your giving out discounts, than everyone gets a discount. If your doing the regualr price, then everyone gets the regualr price. Everyone gets the same treatment. You give the same amount to your buddy that you would to joe blow on the street. When its that way, everyone knows what to expect and theirs no hurt feelings. No questions that way.

Your friend shouldnt have sold it to you for one price and then have greed set in later. Its his bad and he should sell it to you for the same price everytime. Its business and friend relationships should have nothing to do with it. The only thing the friend should get that other people dont is a little eaiser access to it just cause friends hang out with each other. But price should never be up in the air.

this really depends on how close you are with said "friend"

IME, if me and a friend both wanted the same drug, we would just both go in on the same purchase. It doesnt make sense for one person to buy and then sell it to the other, unless of course you aren't good enough friends. I guess whoever bought it can really charge whatever they want. Obviously, if they're selling it to other people, it would be cool if they sold it to you for "friend" prices but it depends on how much you're buying. For example, your friend buys an oz of weed and then sells you a g of what he bought it for. That's more fair than if you asked him to sell you half of it for the price he bought it for.

I used to live with a guy that sold a lot of drugs which was a really good deal. He didn't have to, but he often just gave me drugs for free. Like others have said, business is business, so I would set him up with people to buy from, or when he was gone I would go in his safe and weigh out doses and sell them to people for him. Basically, if he made a good amount of money and I helped him here and there, we would just do the rest together and I wouldn't have to pay him. Of course, that whole dynamic changes when addiction is involved and things get a lot more complicated pretty fast...addicts aren't as generous with drugs and are always trying to maximize profit and make the most of their product regardless if they're selling to homies or strangers.

I never mix business with friends anymore. When I was much younger I was selling heroin, ecstasy, and prescription pills. I had a friend I would hook up all the time and it go to the point where he started abusing my generosity so I told him to either fuck off or get a job so he had money. He decided to rob me for a considerable amount of money. I got most of it back but he retaliated by calling the cops on me and I had to flush a shitload of drugs while my father distracted them outside. They were building a case against me but had nothing on me really until my friend ratted me out and that gave them an excuse to get a warrant. Honestly, if it wasn't for that cocksucker I would probably be retired now and never would of gotten addicted to opiates. That little incident was the catalyst for a lot of shit.

Moral of the story, never mix business with friendship. You end up getting fucked. Hard.

^^

Yeah man that's a prime example of the dangers of doing business like that with friends. Crazy.

Definitly never right to make a profit off of friends, I would usually take a loss for a friend(not that I do,did,or ever will sell drugs or weed)