• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone/hydrocodone/xanax/codeine/ felt nothing ever?/help!

TheCasualSmoker

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, im here because i just dont know whats wrong with me, i always thought it would be cool to nod out or be relaxed and feel "fuzzy" but not one time after taking any of the chemicals i mentioned did i feel anything in the slightest even with potentiatiors, im trying to see why is this, ive done all these drugs multiple times and with good time spacing (usually a month at the least) and have even did what erowid would call "moderate to heavy doses", im wondering if i lack a certain enzyme or what not, i know some people have a natural tolerance but i don't want to believe im one of them, why cant i enjoy my pills!i know no body can answer this as 100% fact i just want to hear if someone can relate. On a more mature note i know in a sense its good i haven't felt the all mighty opiate high therefore resulting in a not so big "addiction" even though i dont get high off the pills i come back in hopes of getting there so its an "addiction" but not the kind you see on television and the mainstream idea where im selling my couch and stuff. but i just want anyone experienced on what else i can do to achieve the high, maybe its better left alone? well i know so but i cant help but be curious! thanks in advance!!

Opioids are subtle drugs, not everyone finds them fun or euphoric.

If you keep taking them and get no effects worth writing home about... stop taking them ;)

what doses of oxy/hydro did you take?

i wouldnt be surprised not feeling anything from xanax and codeine, cuz they suck anyway

Hey everyone, im here because i just dont know whats wrong with me, i always thought it would be cool to nod out or be relaxed and feel "fuzzy" but not one time after taking any of the chemicals i mentioned did i feel anything in the slightest even with potentiatiors, im trying to see why is this, ive done all these drugs multiple times and with good time spacing (usually a month at the least) and have even did what erowid would call "moderate to heavy doses", im wondering if i lack a certain enzyme or what not, i know some people have a natural tolerance but i don't want to believe im one of them, why cant i enjoy my pills!i know no body can answer this as 100% fact i just want to hear if someone can relate. On a more mature note i know in a sense its good i haven't felt the all mighty opiate high therefore resulting in a not so big "addiction" even though i dont get high off the pills i come back in hopes of getting there so its an "addiction" but not the kind you see on television and the mainstream idea where im selling my couch and stuff. but i just want anyone experienced on what else i can do to achieve the high, maybe its better left alone? well i know so but i cant help but be curious! thanks in advance!!
it really does just depend on the person and how lightweight/heavyweight you are to all substances, for instance i did on average 2,000 mg of hydros a day for about 5 months but any time i tried oxys or codeine i never felt anything only with oxys if i drank with it and xanax hit me but i hated them they just made me pass out and once i took 7 tablets of 'em and i didnt remember shit from that day.

If you keep taking them and get no effects worth writing home about... stop taking them ;)

This. Ha.

If you don't like the way they feel, or don't know what the big deal is with them and aren't feeling what you want to feel.. stop doing them.

Give us a specific example though. Like, with the oxy. What dose of it did you take and which ROA?

it really does just depend on the person and how lightweight/heavyweight you are to all substances, for instance i did on average 2,000 mg of hydros a day for about 5 months .

I've gotta call bullshit here. The strongest hydrocodone pill on the market in the US (up until a week ago) was 10 mg, unless you were getting them compounded. You're telling me you took the equivalent of 200 pills a day for 5 months?

Maybe it has to do with some daily medication you take? Is that possible to negate any potentially good feelings? Like an SSRI or something?

Opioids are subtle drugs, not everyone finds them fun or euphoric.

I wanna find the opioid naive person who can be injected with 10mg of morphine and not find them euphoric, or enjoyable. My mom claimed that the OC's they were giving her in the hospital after knee surgery were making her too nauseous, and didn't like them, but I swear they were dosing her WAY too high. She was naive beforehand and yet they were giving her 60's and 30's of oc! Just for a double knee surgery!

Last edited:
I've gotta call bullshit here. The strongest hydrocodone pill on the market in the US (up until a week ago) was 10 mg, unless you were getting them compounded. You're telling me you took the equivalent of 200 pills a day for 5 months?

I was going to say the same thing. I hope they were doing a CWE on those 200 pills!

I was going to say the same thing. I hope they were doing a CWE on those 200 pills!

And that the CWE was performed correctly.... This thread is either complete BS, or I just don't know why you keep trying to use chemicals that your body just wasn't meant to enjoy. So why should you keep trying? Only bad things will come if you head down this path.

Also, if you "lacked enzymes" like the P450 specific enzymes that decide how much of the oxycodone to break down into oxymorphone & other metabolites, etc, then you should be feeling EXPONENTIALLY stronger effects. For example, felines and canines both lack the enzymes required to clear hydrocodone and oxycodone, which is why when they are prescribed to a sick or dying pet, they mostly come in the form of highly dilluted solutions because even a 5mg roxicodone could kill a pet since they would not be able to clear or even deal with overall damage to their blood filtering organs like the liver and kidneys, etc.

So the only help I think you need, is to stop trying to abuse opioids, this should be like a blessing from God that you don't even know what kind of misery will await you should you decide to abuse the drugs you listed in your title, your exaggerated dosing aside. Take care of your body. You clearly wouldn't ever want to develop a chronic pain syndrome if for some medical miracle your body doesn't respond to such universal, for lack of a better term, treatments.

Best of luck to you.

So why should you keep trying? Only bad things will come if you head down this path.

Best of luck to you.

Well, maybe they wanna enjoy the high once. But if you end up enjoying it, and have no self control (like they guy apparently taking 200 pills a day lol) then you will end up as addicted as 95% of the people here are or were.

Maybe he did a shit ton of CWE's and had a major fucking hookup lol that is 30,000 fucking pills

Thats just like me with meth.. I swear on my parents graves I can sit there and smoke a gram of jib to my face and feel nothing while mu friends take 3 hits and are rolling, its weird... butt than again I have ADHD it might have something to do with how your brain chemistry is. Something in there is stopping you from getting that desired feeling

Health pros have always said that stimulants have opposite, or alternate effects on individuals with ADHD.

ok guys here some doses/ Hydrocodone highest dosage taken being around 40mg or so/oxy 50mg just tryed recently with tums and red gfj,/codeine i poured 2 ounces/Xanax i did one and a half bar. so 1 and a half pills of 2 bars.and yes i know its not good to chase a high so it is smart to stop logically speaking but lets be real i get high on all kinds of shit and really dont worry about the negatives of life as it is, i know reality's a bitch and i just like to get high to enjoy myself and block the crazy fucks who make this world shit, but much respect to the people who are warning me about addiction ill definately take a biggg mental note if i do ever achieve the opiate high, one time i did take flexril with 30mg hydrocodone and had a slight euphoric nod but it was more like me passing in and out of consciousness while playing grand theft auto 5 ;D

im honestly naive for chasing something that never exsited because ive done hydro and oxy well over 20 times and have not ever felt anything i mean i even smoked weed on it and nothing, all that liver damage for nothing, never even had the motivation to do a CWE.... mind you these 20 times have been spaced out since the age of 15 (now 18), also i have never not once had any W/D symptoms from anything or even a hangover from liquor but that's another story...

if i were you id honestly just stick what works for you. if weed does you right, just smoke. may be occasionally drink.

I fukin love opiates but my life has sucked at times because of them. because of that i rarely do them anymore and i know better than to "dabble". that only lasts so long in my experience. same with benzo's.I detoxed off alcohol and xanny before and nearly died.was in ICU for 3 days, then another 7 in the actual detox until i was straight.

Dangerous game folks, play safe. peace -Bear

no lol okay where i was living at the time thats what we "called" the dosage,as in when i moved back to where i was before,it was all completely different.its hard to explain. im not trying to sound like a did 200 pills a day x) sorry for the confusion.

Consider yourself lucky if you're just looking to get high because you won't get hooked since you get no effect from them.........I hope they work for pain tho.

Everyone is different.......for instance, I felt really high off 50mgs of Codeine or 5mgs of hydrocodone........this was the first month of ever trying opiates while others need 10 times the amount to feel anything.

Its just the way each person metabolizes the meds. I'm sensitive to opiates while others are not.......the ones that don't get much effect could be considered as a blessing in disguise.

Why does everyone seem to say opiods are subtle drugs ?? Lmao they act like it's something that u gotta look out for the effects there's really nothing subtle about feeling fuckin amazing and all doped up usually all the people around u can tell let alone not being able to even tell yourself