Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gotta agree with d_m, I've taken big doses of shrooms (both reasonable doses and far past 3g) whilst in a bad mindset and it really does not lead anywhere you want to go.

Other people have taken doses from this batch and considering it's powdered wouldn't it all be mixed up? That and the fact that these days this kid is the only one with wide access to psychs. He's not just some dumb kid.

How many people really get poisoned nowadays? Isn't it mostly people looking for edible varieties?

I reaaallly want to use these but I'm scared that the thought that I have just ingested something deadly will bring on a bad trip. I think I'll ask the guy more but I'm pretty certain they're legit.

Last edited:
if it really isn't as full on as acid.

Shrooms are WAY more of a mindfuk than acid. I'm actually kind of scared of them and treat them with massive respect..... Coming from someone who's dropped acid over 200 times and over 8 years of regular psych use.

Have fun bro .... I read your posts in the Meth thread and have followed the progression of your addiction. May I recommend mescaline too ..... They are both amazing teachers. Mescaline is EASY to obtain given the knowledge.

Good luck ... and yeah 3 grams is perfect ... Do it right.

I reaaallly want to use these but I'm scared that the thought that I have just ingested something deadly will bring on a bad trip.

Which - on a high dose (and I really have no idea whether 3g would be high enough, back when i'd get myself into this kind of a state we weren't ingesting dried and/or measured doses, we'd just throw a shitload of fresh subs into a pot of tea and drink it) will likely be compounded by the fact that you think that you're dying because you're tripping so hard. Good things to try and remember when you're really in deep: you're not dying, you won't be like this forever, and you're not going mad. But it can be a hard sell when you're that far gone.

I finally had the mushrooms this afternoon. 3g of dried subs in lemon juice, caramel and steeped into green tea.

At first I was rather disappointed but once I started to peak I knew I'd had plenty to get my feet wet(I have pretty extensive experience with other psychedelics)

After many years without psychs the preparation waunt performed properly. I was physically & mentally ready bout I didn't have a bong handy, didn't have music set up properly and I didn't peak at home where I should have been because I needed someone experienced but he actually could have been quite detrimental to the experience because he kept on about his personal problems but I kept my head and got out of there after I peaked.

I'm not disappointed but not fully satisfied. I'm going to try to get more and have 4g this time. My head has grown hardened to the psychedelic experience. This guy gets DMT and I think that's what I need to get what I'm after psych wise but in the future I definitely intend on experimenting much more with mushrooms as they're far more different time LSD than expected and much more stones and the visuals were slow as opposed to the fast stimulating effect of Lucy.

All in all I'm happy and enlightened.

Wicked, glad to hear you had a pretty positive experience. I found the same thing as you, could have gone more for sure when I had em. I have seen you post in other threads especially the meth thread. I used to be pretty heavy into the meth and gained an accidental addiction to it but I kicked it. I say accidental because the addiction formed from the lust of getting smashed. I never did drugs to escape or because of mental problems, I do them because I plain and simply like to get high as fuck. When I started hitting the shard on the regular I was booting it whilst smoking it and just loved the rush and lost track of consumption. Before I knew it I was hittin it nearly every day. After I got off it and had a break from all chems for a while, I started taking MDMA and acid again and I found out that my tolerance to pretty much all my favourite drugs was huge, I mean fucking huge, I'd take enough of something that hospitalise a normal recreational drug user and to this day after taking several breaks from chems (at least 2-4 month breaks) and healthy lifestyle changes I still have a big tolerance to my favourite drugs. I don't really do meth anymore, literally 1-2 points a year but only smoke it (although every time I smoke the shit I just want to bang it right up my arm) even mushrooms, everything just needs more to get me there. I seriously think that meth has killed my substance tolerance completely. Hell, I have had imported MDMA and pills from holland and still found it mediocre compared to pre meth addiction. I only mention this because of the discussion of your mushroom experience and mine. 3.5g is a text book quality high but I found it to be mediocre/ not quite there.

And the fact that these are subs means it really should have blown my mind!

But to be fair I did trip pretty hard, its just hard to be amazed when youve done things like LSD+3.5MG DOC+16mg 2C-i Im SURE a higher dose will completely fry my ass but this first experience didnt amaze me like I hoped. I did feel enlightened afterward and did sort some psychological shit out but I wasnt where I was hoping to get.

I did notice MUCH more happens with your eyes closed with mushrooms than LSD but I did dose at 1pm instead of just before dark like usual. Things moved slowly, sensually and in a way sexually, I definitely felt like an intimate experience with an also tripping partner would have been amazingly euphoric. There was no electric, dirty feeling like from acid. I felt very heavy in the legs which is 100% new to me in the psychedelic experience, and it was different to K heavyness, it was more wobblyness where as K feels more like gravity pulling you down. A few times I had to catch myself before I fell flat on my face.

The thought of poisonous mushrooms was completely absent from my mind which im very thankful for. And I havent used a needle since the trip. I saw a lot of needles and a lot of fire in the visuals(CEV) and to me thats a sign that I dont need to use them anymore so ive quit smoking cigs, im still smoking pot and im still smoking meth but I feel much clearer in the head and am going to try to spend my time high on psychedelics rather than meth/opiates/benzos when I do decide to use something. Its so much more fullfilling and I felt great afterwards.

People say mushrooms come to you when your ready and when they will benefit you and I believe that. Mush is pretty much the last common drug I had left to try and while I used to be able to aquire the most obscure chemicals I could never get mushrooms and wouldnt trust most people to take me picking or sell me some. But I trust my source and I think they came at the right time, im going to get that book "psilocybe mushrooms of the world" I think its called. I know subs grow in the blueys but I reckon there would be paddocks around here that would have P.Cubensis/P.Cyanescens at some point. I just need to learn to identify P.Cubensis 100%(im pretty sure id be ok at it, not confident with subs though. They seem to have a much more varied appearance than cubes) and find out what temperature & altitude cubes grow at(does altitude matter too much when theres rain, followed but sun & the right temps?) And of course spores/mycelium. Am I naeive to wonder whether most cow paddocks around the east coast of Australia harbour mushrooms at some time in the year when the temperature is right?

Am I allowed to ask at what temperature and altitude do P.Cubensis and Pan. Cyans grow at and do coastal areas affect the growth of the mushrooms because of the salt in the air or is this generally not a problem? It seems all the info around here is on Subs and its hard to find Australian specific info on the shroomery :/

You can ask about general environments for mushrooms all day long we just don't allow specific locations and we don't do ID's.

I don't think you get cubes south of Northern New South Wales, I am not 100% sure though and Cyanescens I have no clue at all. I have only ever picked Subs in East and South East Victoria really.

I doubt there is anywhere on the East coast of Australia that wouldn't have at least one of these three types of psychedelic mushroom fruiting at some point of the year, I could be wrong though.

If you are looking for info on Cubensis, my guess the reason it would be difficult to see much on them on shroomery right now is they grow in the warmer weather, not the cold weather, so there wont be any recent threads on the early pages as nobody would of had reason to post in them for months.

I am glad that you enjoyed your trip and didn't have a difficult time, it is pretty awesome you seem to have managed to quit cigs and needles for the time being as a result of it as well! :)

3g of subs is a huge dose if they are dried and stored correctly, I recently was trip sitter for a few peeps 4 guys consumed 7g dried subs as tea(2g's of it were a bit old and mediocre).
3 had a decent trip going and one dude lost his shit entirely and couldn't differentiate between reality and his trip. I second rinsed the leftovers and even got a nice trip going myself.
I'm mentioning this so no one gets the wrong idea about dosage levels from the above posts.

My tea technique is to chop the dried shrooms , soak in a decent amount of fresh lemon juice for 5-10 mins , then add ample boiling water , cover and leave to steep for a further 10 minutes.
Strain and enjoy.
there is no boiling and the tea is always made in an unreactive vessel.

^ You said to add boiling water and then go on to say "there is no boiling"...

I assume you mean to boil the kettle, then soak the mushrooms in fresh lemon juice for 5-10 minutes while the kettle cools down a bit, pour the slightly cooled kettle water over the mushroom/lemon juice mixture and let it steep for a further ten minutes? That is the technique I used to employ when performing the "lemon TEK" and it always worked fucking well. Even doses under a gram could cause visuals that way.

It is a few years since I indulged in these things, but a number of friends I taught to pick and dry the stuff years ago have taken to putting dried mushrooms in a coffee grinder until they are like dust and then packing these into 00 size gel caps, they tend to fit just over a half gram of dried mushrooms in them. 2-4 of these caps seems to be enough to get most people tripping pretty decently with strong visuals, had a couple freak outs this year actually.

I agree the lemon TEK is the best way to get the most bang for your buck out of dried mushrooms, but I always associated it with increased nausea and a very hard come up that I would not recommend for beginners at all. If you are in the unfortunate position of paying for mushrooms then this technique will save you money per trip, but if you pick mushrooms yourself waste should not be an issue, in this circumstance I cannot help but feel they are easier to enjoy by just eating them on their own, having them in caps or even brewing a tea without the lemon juice.

I did say that I was tripping really hard but due to the intensity of previous trips on other substances it was relatively easy to stay calm. I would definitely not advise a first time tripper to dose that much, maybe half but it was just my first time using mushrooms, not first trip. It was much stronger than my first LSD trip and that left me far more amazed than this trip. So Id imagine 3g of subs to a first time psych user could really be quite scary and probably quite easily cause complete ego-death.

I repeat, first time psych users do NOT take 3g of any mushrooms first time.

When can the ACT region expect to come back into fruiting properly again? Late Aug/early Sept? I ask coz I haven't the slightest clue on seasons from always growing out own hahaha

Yeah I mean no boiling the mushrooms themselves, just the water.
I'm pretty new to the lemon tek but coming up to a few decades of mushy use , I personally find there to be less nausea this way. Although yes the come up is rapid and intense quite surprisingly so compared to other methods.

There are a few pins around but as for subs it's definitely the tail end of the season.

Mushroom Season 2015

Melbourneseason should be upon us real soon. Some good rains this week. Can't wait to go hunting. Gonna go for a look this weekend to see if any early risers are about

Definitely gonna be an early season in SA, I speculate quite a long one.
Will probably leave it until June before I go out for a hunt. Not sure whether I'll actually indulge this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.