View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushrooms for Psychic Healing

OrionTheHunter

Greenlighter
So I have a fair amount of experience with psychedelics. I've done LSD and mushrooms around ten times, DMT three times, ketamine a couple times, and 2C-B once, not to mention MDMA a handful of times, though I'm not sure if that counts as a psychedelic. I've also candyflipped twice. Anyways, I'm just giving you all some background info on my psychedelic drug use because it may help you assess whether or not what I'm thinking of doing is a good idea...

I have taken a break from psychedelics for more than a year now due to the discomfort they gave me after a while of using them in social situations. For the past while I've had some mild social anxiety and depression issues that has made it difficult for me to connect with other people and build relationships. I've even quit smoking marijuana regularly because of the way this has exacerbated these issues. I've tried meditation, running, and eating healthy as a way to boost my confidence and self-esteem, though I must admit I haven't been as consistent with this as I'd like to be. Anyhow, I was thinking of going to the beach one day and eating some mushrooms by myself to explore my inner consciousness and deal with whatever problems are inside me, and hopefully heal and regenerate my mind as a result. I was planning on taking my guitar and journal with me and meditating as I'm tripping. I love the vibe that the beach gives me and I was thinking that being by myself would be a good opportunity to reflect on myself without having to worry about socializing with other people. So what do you all think? Is this a good idea or should I try to improve my state of mind without the use of psychedelics? I don't think I would be going into this naively and I realize that I would have to take the time to integrate the experience into my everyday life... but then there's a part of me that worries that this will just make things worse. Would love to hear any opinions from people who have experience using mushrooms or other psychedelics as an adjunct to psychic healing....

I never recommend using psychedelics alone, even more so if you're planning on going outside. Even if you're experienced and confident that you're taking the right dose, you never know what might happen, and things can get bad very quickly. Do you have a friend that might be willing to trip-sit for you? I don't want to sound like I'm trying to talk you into or out of anything, I just want you to be safe. The other nice thing about having someone there with you is that you may find that you want someone to talk to, particularly if you end up having some negative feelings you want to work through. My experience personally and with friends taking psychedelics for therapeutic purposes is that a lot of negative energy often comes out, and it can be difficult or even scary to process alone. And if you end up having an entirely positive trip, it's always nice to have someone to share it with. :)

I was thinking of going to the beach one day and eating some mushrooms by myself to explore my inner consciousness and deal with whatever problems are inside me, and hopefully heal and regenerate my mind as a result. I was planning on taking my guitar and journal with me and meditating as I'm tripping. I love the vibe that the beach gives me and I was thinking that being by myself would be a good opportunity to reflect on myself without having to worry about socializing with other people. So what do you all think? Is this a good idea or should I try to improve my state of mind without the use of psychedelics? Would love to hear any opinions from people who have experience using mushrooms or other psychedelics as an adjunct to psychic healing....

I think it sounds like a great idea, especially if you have a journal and guitar and the beach is a great environment if it is quiet :)
I would do both though, use mushrooms when you are feeling in the space for it and have the time to go somewhere peaceful like you mentioned above, but also spend time improving your state of mind on a daily basis without it too, just a little bit everyday.
Work on changing your thought patterns of fear and negativity into positive and uplifting patterns everyday. Train your thoughts to positive again. Brain training exercises are great :)

Mushrooms have been the ONLY drug I've ever encountered that I feel like they enter my brain and literally repair broken pathways from years of alcohol and other drugs, as well as help open new positive pathways to use that I always wondered how to use or had difficulty using (for lack of a better description). It seems like a direct ratio, the stronger the trip, the more "fixed" I feel afterwards, and I'm not talking about the afterglow. Not to mention the high on mushrooms is just about the best thing in the entire world to me.

This explains my current issues/situation so well, and i must say i am also on the fence about this. I also plan to bring my guitar into the woods with a friend to have something creative to do. On MDMA it kind of didn't feel right, hope its more wonderful to play on shrooms.

my 2 cents:

I think taking a break from ganja is an excellent idea.
I think a solo trip on the beach is an excellent idea, but dose low.
Have the mental/spiritual answers that you are seeking very specifically and clearly set in your mind and maybe even say them out loud before beginning (not just, I feel crap, I want to feel better). I've found that the clearer and more specific you can be when seeking answers from psychedelics (yourself), the better the outcome.

Please let us know how it goes