House/trance raves VS. dubstep/trap

Cdilly93

Bluelighter
So im a lover of all sorts of EDM but i've only attended the popular house type of sets, in which i absolutely love because they always have such a good happy vibe and everyones just rolling with a fat smile on their face haha.. but im going to be attending a dubstep/trap kind of rave this next weekend (Kill the noise is the artist) its going to be about 1000 people and i just hope its that same, accepting, happy vibe, because honestly his music kind of has an "angry" sound to it, if that makes sence! fyi, im going to be going to this alone, and be rolling! kind of nervous seeing as how i've always gone with atleast one other person. advice?

IDK my first shows were dubstep shows and they were incredible, but it does seem that as those genres merged with the mainstream and became the "in" thing that it brought in a lot of band wagon jumpers, and lots of them certainly aren't always the happy chill people that normally attend EDM shows.

So im a lover of all sorts of EDM but i've only attended the popular house type of sets, in which i absolutely love because they always have such a good happy vibe and everyones just rolling with a fat smile on their face haha.. but im going to be attending a dubstep/trap kind of rave this next weekend (Kill the noise is the artist) its going to be about 1000 people and i just hope its that same, accepting, happy vibe, because honestly his music kind of has an "angry" sound to it, if that makes sence! fyi, im going to be going to this alone, and be rolling! kind of nervous seeing as how i've always gone with atleast one other person. advice?

I went to a rave last month that had a good bit of dubstep and trap, the vibe wasn't all that great. Tons of high school wannabe thugs and college frat bro type people. I use to love dubstep parties but as the poster above me stated, the crowd has definitely taken a turn for the worse since it's popularity skyrocketed. I'm sure you will have a fine time if you are rolling but i wouldn't expect the same level of in your face PLUR that you would experience at different party.

Last edited:
it will probably not feel like a traditional rave, but if you enjoy the music you'll have a great time

kill the noise has a lot of fans who aren't really aware of the real electronic scene / rave culture

I'd say dubstep events are usually a little rougher then your average rave. But it's still a great time! It's like rock music, and heavy metal, but in the EDM scene. Dubstep is the heavy metal of electronic music.

There certainly isn't as much love in the air at a dubstep / trap electronic rave. Within the electronic genre their are many types of songs, some which will make you feel happy, some will get you pumped, some won't do anything for you. Certain artists have a following and the demeanor and attitude of that group of people will be reflected in the vibes and energy that is felt at a show. You should be able to enjoy yourself if you love the music and if you are with good people.

Alright Excision i feel is an exercise in crowd control.
it's really heavy ultra aggressive music, but generally it leaves me feeling with shell shock. I don't enjoy those kinds of shows under the influence of substances.
I like it when the music can take me on a journey, rather than just obliterate me into a thousand oogly googly jiggly bits of protoplasm.

Trap is an Exercise in building tension in a large area. Whenever i am loaded on acid at a music festival wearing some furry animal garment, and i hear trap music.
I always gather my friends and say "run from the trap" and we go to a different stage before it all gets closed in by Bronies and their Hoe-nies.

There is some good trap out there, and it's the trap that tries to blend itself more with Psy elements, it does exist. but it's few and far between vs the Trap infused with Gangsta elements.

depends on what kind of friendliness. I feel like girls are hornier at a dubstep show.
also it depends on the city. usually wirewraps and livepainting go along with psytrance.
but theres a place in oakland called the parish, they have wormhole wednesday.
they have burner vibes AND aggressive trap/dubstep music AND *shock*.. its easier to find L then molly.

also datsik played alongside space jesus. im sure their "vibe" has chemistry.
i like raves that are ravey, and i love tripping acid to dubstep. and i freestyle rap while under the influence. i prefer gangster rap when im not raving.
there are those raves that feel more like drum circles.
and there are dubstep events that encompus all of that.
i always get the feeling im being looked down for not being white on when i go to some of those (unless its psydub centric)

saying there isnt love in the air with dubstep is a bit ignorant. theres love being put off, just less airs.

also i was at a burner party once and i was talking to a girl. I mentioned edc and her face soured, she was like, that shit is so mainstream, pft....you should go to more grassroots events. the same girl wanted to pay me 10 dollars to protect one of her friends because a black guy had the audacity to start a conversation with her and they got scared. so much "love", that they appear to be full of it.

now, i like a unique drop.
crizzly is my hero btw. but ya mainstream dub is mostly ho hum, but the top shelf is extremely unique music.
im talking rezz, yookie, dmvo, bogtrotter, and woolymammoth

but theres a difference between psydub scene and psytrance tech house scene. one is less stuck up lmao.

I used to hitchhike and hop trains, i know what rainbow gatherings are. (traincore scumfuck fa life) i scrambled back to the city because i missed raves.
i love wormhole oakland because it combines the 2 without excluding the other and stays real to boom boom clap drum aesthetic and gritty hiphop. ive lived in boulder and a few other places where the majority of ppl are a certain stuck up type of hippie.

some of them are my friends, hell i still kick it with everyone. but if a room is packed with nothing but them
its like yikes eehhh gaaads. especially in a small town.

i feel like oakland and san fran are so culturally mixed that phenomenon like wormhole can exist. ie. burner vibes AND dubstep/hiphop centric. when a city is to isolated and everyone is scared as shit of babylon then its cause to explore and wander around(musically speaking)

check this out too https://www.mixcloud.com/jaungmyint/bass-mix/

Last edited: