• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids first w/d symtoms?

The first symptom for me, other than general anxiety from knowing withdrawal is right around the corner, is the change in the way my body perceives temperatures. Usually I will feel cold and get those classic withdrawal goosebumps even when it's not cold out. Other people seem comfortable in this temperature while I don't feel right.

I know this has little to do with my thread.. lol....hijacking my own shit....but I've recently started incorporateing lope into my tapering schedule and am very surprised at how well it works. Lolwhatzdrugs, could I PM u with a couple questions about it???

You can PM me if you rather, or post in the loperamide megathread :)

Also I consider the sweating/cold sweats (overexcitation of the autonomic nervous system) 2nd to the pain in my body and legs. Though the depression is always pretty killer. If there was just depression and no physical symptoms, it would be amazing.

The first symptom for me, other than general anxiety from knowing withdrawal is right around the corner, is the change in the way my body perceives temperatures. Usually I will feel cold and get those classic withdrawal goosebumps even when it's not cold out. Other people seem comfortable in this temperature while I don't feel right.

Yeah that's one of the first symptoms I get too and it gets progressively worse as time goes on. Cold sweats, too hot, too cold, sucks. Your freezing cold but your armpits are sweating, your shirt sticking to them. So uncomfortable.

Man, all this talk of withdrawals is making me so damn grateful I don't have to deal with that shit anymore. Ha.

Ugh, dealing with it right now.

The skin crawling on my arms is usually the first symptom I get. Followed soon after by the sweats, and brain zaps. My mind gets really cloudy during the really early stages of w/d, which isn't a symptom I hear about that often, but happens to me every time. I'm so tired of this shit.

Yeah that's one of the first symptoms I get too and it gets progressively worse as time goes on. Cold sweats, too hot, too cold, sucks. Your freezing cold but your armpits are sweating, your shirt sticking to them. So uncomfortable.

Man, all this talk of withdrawals is making me so damn grateful I don't have to deal with that shit anymore. Ha.

I felt the same way reading this. And yeah dude, that armpit sweat man. It's awful. Especially when you have the goosebumps, but somehow your armpits just won't stop producing sweat unless you get a dose and then the waterworks stop.

Ugh, dealing with it right now.

The skin crawling on my arms is usually the first symptom I get. Followed soon after by the sweats, and brain zaps. My mind gets really cloudy during the really early stages of w/d, which isn't a symptom I hear about that often, but happens to me every time. I'm so tired of this shit.

Hang in there!!! Good luck
:)
Yea I get cloudy headed as well!! Hard to concentrate

When swim is off the pills he first starts feeling depressed. Time goes by SO SLOW and swim doesn't really look forward to anything or do anyhting. Swim would spend hours playing video games while high and doesn't even have any urge to play them while in wd. Swim then starts getting minor leg and back aches. Swim feels he has absolutely no energy and am always tired. One thing which he finds weird though is that he can still sleep. In fact, the serious lack of energy and feeling of depression kind of encourages him to sleep. Swim then gets the cold sweats. He smokes cigarettes, and can't even stomach them when in wd they make him gag and sometimes puke. he hates it.

My first symptom of WD is the yawning. I'll yawn 4 or 5 times in quick succession and that's how I know it's about to start. Then I get the hot/cold thing, which I HATE!!!! I can be so cold I'm SHIVERING yet I'm covered all over in that nasty ass sweat :( Then I get nauseous and a headache starts creeping up on me. That's when I know it's time to go lay down and curl up in the fetal position. OFCOURSE. I haven't let myself go this far gone since I buy jumbo-sized bottles of loperamide at Costco and use as needed, and taper down off those. I'll use other things for pain reduction and some nice legal etizolam for the anxiety :)

I'm usually just laying on the floor for a month so I don't know what order exactly but first probably the sensitivity to cold then the runny nose and bone ache's followed by sweating i get after 6 hours without a shot of dope then start the stomach issues and yea if its been more than 4 hours since I got high and its bed time then I ain't gonna sleep a wink until I got more shit in my system. After one day of withdrawal then I'm screwed and I'm stuck on the floor. I've found if I can get myself up by sniffing some t3s then if I am working its a lot easier to maintain cause it keeps my mind off the fact I feel so sick. I don't know why but one of the things I hate the most is the cold feeling you always have. I used to go pick up dope all bundled up like I'm in the arctic ( I live in Canada so its cold but not like the arctic) then when I fix I get so hot and take off all my layers I found this to be very pleasurable

Im going thru Wds right now, the worst part for me is the insomnia, and even when you do get to sleep, when you wake up and realize you have nothing, it is HORRIBLE!!!!! Besides that, the fact that time seems to stand still during wds! Ive laid in bed a few times right after texting my dude, and literally have to lie there until I get the call to go meet him, (usually about an hour or 2), but I think this period goes slower, cuz you know your going to get some relief soon but waiting is a killer.

Oh yea, forgot to mention the damn drug dreams when you do get to sleep, I freakin hate having dreams where I find a huge fat bag just laying on the ground, but cannot find a lighter/gear...its like I cant even have a good dream about drugs, have to suffer in them too! LOL

Also I get that bad smell during wds, its nasty smell, like sweet furnace burning type smell, Ive noticed I always get this during wds, no matter where I am. It makes me sick to my stomach.

You should heed the posts which speak of rapid loperamide tapers, and how that can eliminate, or lessen acute withdrawal symptoms, yo!

You should heed the posts which speak of rapid loperamide tapers, and how that can eliminate, or lessen acute withdrawal symptoms, yo!
Ive tried using that stuff a few times in the past, but didnt help me, just gave me cold sweats.

Ive tried using that stuff a few times in the past, but didnt help me, just gave me cold sweats.

What's you're tolerance? 100mg of oxy would get me high, and it only takes 30-50 spread over 2 days for me...., and I feel fine, no WD, nadda, sleep fine.

Dealing with this today... First is either the phlegmy throat or the chills. I've been freezing for dayyyssss. Except yesterday I went for a long arduous walk and that made a huge difference in body temperature for at least the rest of the day. I also know they're coming when smoking a cig is no longer really enjoyable. Then the annoying as hell multiple sneezes (had a few of these attacks at lunch today--that was a close one). On and off teary eyes too.

I feel incredibly lucky that I don't get restless legs. My bf does and I feel so bad for him because it's 100x harder for him to fall asleep than me. Can anyone suggest remedies for restless legs? The OTC meds targeted at RLS don't seem to help. Also usually no diarrhea or nausea... Than again I've never gone thru it without some subs on hand.

OMG THE UNFULFILLED DREAMS! That is actually probably the worst... For me they usually involve waiting for someone to arrive with the stuff... who never arrives.

What's you're tolerance? 100mg of oxy would get me high, and it only takes 30-50 spread over 2 days for me...., and I feel fine, no WD, nadda, sleep fine.
I have a script for 10mg methadone, supposed to last 30 days, but usually only lasts me about 2 weeks, then I use H during wds, a good 1/2 gram will get me feeling good, but I have to wait about 4 days after taking my last methadone, as if took Heroin to soon, it would be wasted and/or take a shit load to get me buzzed due to the half life of methadone.

When I did try using the loperamide, I took about 8-10 (2mg) pills at once.

I have a script for 10mg methadone, supposed to last 30 days, but usually only lasts me about 2 weeks, then I use H during wds, a good 1/2 gram will get me feeling good, but I have to wait about 4 days after taking my last methadone, as if took Heroin to soon, it would be wasted and/or take a shit load to get me buzzed due to the half life of methadone.

When I did try using the loperamide, I took about 8-10 (2mg) pills at once.

hahaha, not nearly enough for someone who gets off on a half gram of dope! You needed to take like 80mg the first day and 60 the second. How many 10mg methadones do you get?

hahaha, not nearly enough for someone who gets off on a half gram of dope! You needed to take like 80mg the first day and 60 the second. How many 10mg methadones do you get?
I get 150 per month and they are very strict about it being refilled..HAS to be 30 days, not even a day early!

I used to really like the methadone 'high', but after using H inbetween the past few years, I kinda prefer the H now!