• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

HL Social Thread

I like workin out goin to the gym, hot yoga and sex of course lol although haven't been gettin any since bf is away lol. I love green tea!! But right now any tea is gewd!

Illama it's good you're feeling better gurl. I haven't been sick for a while "knock on wood." Been workin out a lot then hot yoga and I'm happy with the results!

Hmm I tried yoga before but I couldn't get into it. Hot yoga seems like it'd be fun though.

I need to find some more fun ways to work out. I get bored pretty easily so I have to find things to keep my attention :p

^there's always zumba and dancing classes. Me and coworker friend signed up for dancing classes two months ago and it was so much fun! We signed up for this hiphop/pussycat dolls dancing and we learned a few moves :D

This place needs more posting. I suspect I've developed a hay fever, which sucks. Totally unfamiliar with it so any tips on helping me stop sneezing and my nose from running are very welcome

If it's too annoying, you can take some antihistamines. Benadryl, promethazine etc...
Pseudoephedrine will stop your nose from running.

Compared to others I think I'm just a mild case but it gets annoying during sports. Will check out your suggestions!

^it's the spring I suppose. I seem to be allergic to pollen but the reaction is towards the skin on my face. Ill get tiny red itchy bumps so I apply a special cream that my derma prescribed.

Allergies must def have a lot to do with your food intake. Used to get allergies every spring like clockwork. Now I can't even remember the last time it was an issue.

I hated taking Western medicine too but for allergies I would succumb. One could always tell it was just treating the symptom and was never a cure. LolWestern medicine.

I've heard about how cutting out dairy/gluten/improving the health of your digestive system could help your allergies but I never specifically listened or applied any of that stuff. I don't eat dairy but I dunno if that's been the one cure, if any such convenient correlation or causation exists.

Recently I've heard natural honey helps allergies tremendously. Only dat dope ish you get from your local farmer's market dough.

I used to get a lot of allergies in the spring. I very rarely get allergies anymore. It might be because I don't eat any meat and very little dairy ... also, around that time, I moved to a different area. It could be either. Regardless, very little spring allergies anymore! I have a feeling that changing your diet slightly may help.

I'm going to try cutting down my dairy intake. I just loveee cheese! I meqn come on who doesn't!

I always feel tired and 'high'-ish during the day, awake and most aware during the night, which leads to a messed up sleep cycle and I no matter what I do cannot get it back to normal.

Is this a melatonin issue or could it be something potentially more serious? Any supplements that could be taken?
I've also been feeling constantly thirsty recently and waking up with my lips and mouth dry as fuck despite drinking more water and/or tea than normal.

Should I just go get myself checked out? I'm sure I got a myriad of health issues but cba going.

Make sure that you're comfortable in bed and that the temperature is not too hot. Don't use your phone/pc/tv at bed time.
If that doesn't help then you may have a serious issue.
You should also get a blood sugar test done, thirst and insomnia can be caused by diabetes.

No skin allergies Maya. We do have a family history of em though.

Just a tip: if you enjoy mushrooms, I find them to be a puuuurrrrfect for cheese. Dat texture!

@plmar,

Could be a lot of things. As fly said, how often do you use TV/phone/Internet close to bed? Drug history?

I've struggled w/ my sleep since quitting drugs (it always happens to me) so I can relate. Discipline w/ electronics is HAAAARD! Herbal tea w/ Valerian root & chamomile, hot baths, 10 min of meditation, exercise (at least 5 hrs before bed) and melatonin help me the most.

But the Internet stuff has the biggest impact by faaar. Sucks. When I don't use electronics 2 hours before bed I start sleeping like a baby. Background: stimulant & marijuana drug history.

Don't do anything in bed, no TV.

Don't really do drugs tbh drink here and there but that's it.

My bed is fine I have no problem actually falling asleep but that usually happens in the morning.
My sleeping has been messed up since before high school so I may have a sleep disorder, I don't know.
This is probably why I feel tired during the day because I've been sleeping long into the afternoon for ages.
When the sun comes up I feel like my body goes into -time to sleep- mode, gotta be related with the body's biological clock whatever it's called.
Maybe it's related to depression too?

plmar you probably do some sports already, but sleepingwise I've benefitted greatly from regular (cardio) workouts. Furthermore I find 5-htp to be helpful at times when I don't sleep well (full moons always mess up my sleep)

No skin allergies Maya. We do have a family history of em though.

Just a tip: if you enjoy mushrooms, I find them to be a puuuurrrrfect for cheese. Dat texture!

Lucky, bad skin runs in my family. My dad's side has acne but I am thankful I don't have that problem but my bro does though. My mom's side has skin irritation/eczema which I am experiencing whenever the weather changes specially spring.

I love mushrooms too! I would usually cook it with garlic and it is heaven!!

So I bought a new pair of running shoes yesterday and took them for a 7km spin. Went running again this morning but stopped after a few hundred meters as I discovered blisters on both my feet. Guess I should've taken it easy with them..

A doctor told me that when you move to a new area that has different vegetation, allergies will often go away. But after around 7 years you get sensitized to the new plants and may become allergic to them. It fits with my experiences.

So I bought a new pair of running shoes yesterday and took them for a 7km spin. Went running again this morning but stopped after a few hundred meters as I discovered blisters on both my feet. Guess I should've taken it easy with them..

Aha, aren't you supposed to slowly wear in new shoes?

This week, I just haven't had any energy in the morning. I've been getting normal sleep but I'm just sooooo sluggish in the morning! I've cut down part of my morning exercise routine because it takes me so long to wake up. I've been doing the same(ish) thing since December and, besides when I'm sick, I've never been this tired in the morning. I'm hoping next week is better!