• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids IV Crack and Heroin: How to stop????

Rogg If

Bluelighter
Hi there fellow Bluelighters,

A few weeks ago, without even looking it up online or being told by someone, I decided, instead of smoking it, to stick a rock in the H I was about to shoot up. I assumed I'd have to use a bit more citric, crushed the shit and bang bang. BOOM. Those who've done it know the fucking surprise I got, and how fucking incredible it was. I'd done speedballs before but this was much more intense.
It was so good, I just couldn't think about anything but doing it again. I have truly never come across something so fiendish. I basically went on to doing it several times a day, and as you might guess, it cost a fuck of a lot (I still owe several hundreds to some people). I've been told it was called a "snowball". For next two weeks, I did NOTHING else, just kept hustling money and getting that fucking MAGIC rush. I ran out of options last Wednesday and decided to stop that shit, of course by that time I'd already spent more than two grand, I'm fucked, my veins completely fucked, and totally crazed. It got to the point where a good shot of H didn't even satisfy me. Let me tell you that I had a fucking horrible weekend coming off, this was the worst WD's I've ever had - I can do H WD's, but this was something else entirely. I went crazy. I'm ok now, physically, but I just happen to have an extra 20quid in my pocket and I just KNOW what I'm gonna do. That shit is so fucking obsessive, I can't stop thinking about it, every second. Please guys, there has to be a way to come off & stay off it, right?? I was only at it for two weeks! I feel like it really changed something in me, it's scary. I wish I could go back to that moment where I chose to stick that fucking rock in the spoon. Any help appreciated.
And any of you who are thinking of doing it for the first time, really think about it cos you're not gonna do it just once, and it's about 20 times more addictive than brown and crack, the combination is deadly. It's a great high yeah but it's really gonna cost you £1000's, totally fuck you up, and maybe kill you. I just got lucky, maybe I won't be so lucky tonight. Thanks guys

Well, are you trying to get off the H as well or just stop "snowballing" (which is also the term for when a girl gives you a blow job and spits your cum back into your mouth...so you and your friends might want to think of a new slang for it..)... cause if you are trying to get off both, there are many threads here to help you withdrawal/detox from H, but if it's just the crack thing (I had a problem with shooting coke and heroin, went through usually 100-300$ a day pointlessly) I just realized it was eating so much of my heroin money and I NEEDED the heroin or else I'd be sick, I didn't NEED the coke so be "well" so I upped my H dose so I'd get a good nod, sometimes potentiating it with Antihistamines or Benzos, kind of substituting the upper (coke) for a downer (benzo usually) instead. Now this is VERY DANGEROUS so i don't recommend it cause benzos/antihistamines/opiates synergize pretty hxc together so always start with less H if you are taking another downer..

I'd just say focus on getting clean off both, it's not a life worth living man...

Shooting crack and H is still a speedball. By adding citric acid to the crack, you are effectively turning it back into cocaine anyway. I've never heard of a "snowball", hah. That sounds retarded. But, whatever that's why we don't like to use slang like that here in OD because we are a global forum and slang is very much regional, so other people will have no clue what you're talking about.

Anyway, as to how to stop.. it's difficult as IV'ing crack/cocaine is incredibly addictive. It takes your problem to a whole new level. You need to focus on stopping the coke first. Slowly take that out of the equation. I would always do more dope in the meantime while I was cutting back and then stopping the coke. The extra dope would help deal with the intense cravings.

Then, just don't go back to it. Accept that you can't casually speedball.. and that doing it again, even once, is very likely going to lead to a full on binge again.

Yeah just know in your head that 'oh just one more time' isn't gonna be just one more. You'll keep going til your completely broke and sad. I agree with Mr. Scag, get off the coke/crack first and then once your back to your old dope self you might wanna think about getting off that too. There are tons of options out there, you don't have to be CLEAN clean. Such as subs, done, or get a doc and see if he'll give you shit for your underlying mental problems. Every addict's got them. Good luck, you CAN do this. Be strong mentally.

That is slang that needs to be altered asap. Snowballing lol. Speedball, sure, but snowballing is a sex act, and not one I imagine you'd be engaging in randomly with friends.

^^Snowball is UK slang Scagnattie, I've seen it documentaries, but I thought it referred to smoking a crack hit and shooting heroin within a few seconds of one another...

Either way, it's fucking probably only the most insanely addictive and dangerous things there is in the drug world...It makes you go absolutely insane for it!

Stopping? It's not easy man...It's one of those things that it's either getting locked up or having your heart stop that's the way it ends for most people! And I'm really not in the mood to have anyone post on this thread how they shoot speedballs responsibly and everyone who has a problem is just weak minded!

Like Scag said, go with straight H for awhile, and then get on methadone or something...The thing with cocaine...the cravings are very intense in the short term, but subside pretty quickly once you stop...not that quickly, but 2-4 weeks off coke, and it gets a lot better...at least that's the way it is for me, my girlfriend and my best friend who got high with me everyday for years...

We would go through couple month phases with Speedball's that were really bad, but once we stopped, we were usually able to go back to just the H and be satisfied...until, I decided to pick up a little something extra with my H, and there would begin another brutal run! It almost killed me and my girlfriend a few years back, but that's a long story...

I know how hard it is, and I really wish you the best man! I would also break down the crack as opposed to powder coke with a lot of my speedballs mainly because I could by a single rock for cheap, and attempt to "just do one" shot of it...

I wish you the best man...at this point, stopping the coke is the best damage control in the short term...

I edited the title so people actually have a clue what this thread is about when they see it on the home screen. Hah.

Uh lads here in London everyone call them snowballs, even drug workers call it that. UK slang might sound weird to Americans ha! You guys from the other side of the Atlantic need to understand that the coke situ in England is very different to the one in America, charlie is shite over here, so the best way to get a real cocaine bang is using rocks. And as BlueHues said, it's much easier to buy a single rock rather than a point of dodgy coke or a gram.
The thing is I wasn't even doing H full time - I'd sort of got cleanish and was doing it every now and again, real cool, and I wasn't doing too bad at keeping control. I was almost over my needle fixation. And then that decision to mix those pretty little rocks and that sweet brown, and it all went tits up. I'm not even that big a fan of charlie, and now brown on its own seems useless, it's like mixing both has become the only way for me. I can't even stand watching others smoking crack cos I think of how much better it'd be in a combo and what a waste it is. The cravings, like you guys said, really is fucking intense. I've had crack cravings before but this is sooo different, hard to explain.
I did have two "snowballs" last night (hustled another 20quid) and fuck did it feel gooooood. But somehow, this morning I got up and went about my day (passed a CSCS test) and felt like I was ok, like I didn't need more, at least for a while. So I'm being veeery careful with this new-found confidence, cos I know it'll just hit me right back in the face when I don't expect it, but so far so good, I'm gonna try staying cool. Thanks for your replies guys

Just out of hospital, I was found unconscious on the street early this morning - I overdosed after having 5 sno... sorry, Heroin+Crack shots in a few hours last night... The speedballin' ain't stopped and now worse than ever. Things are too fucked up to be true.

Oh no I'm sorry to hear that my friend you overdosed speedballing eh fuck that's scary. What are you gonna do now? Keep going or ask for help? I think if you keep it up you'll be dead soon I'm sorry to say.

Last edited:
It was so good, I just couldn't think about anything but doing it again.

Here is your warning sign. I see you've just been hospitalized. Maybe thats your wake up call? I have to agree with the other posts. Try to stick with just dope. It's hard enough being addicted to two drugs, atleast try to go down to one. Everytime I've OD'd I've taken it easy for a couple weeks, maybe you can do the same. Try to get clear headed once again to the point you can make rationalized decisions.

Last edited:
This is probably gonna sound like bullshit and wishful thinking, but I've deleted all my dealer's numbers, thrown away all the IV paraphernalia I had, including those precious filters I'd kept for rainy days. I've done it so much this week I'm actually sick of the whole thing, the drug, the high and the ritual. On Sunday I got a loan (which I'm unable to repay obviously) and blew the lot on H and rocks, and I totally overfed myself, doing like 10 speedballs a day, I swear to god, my tolerance went sky-high and the high wouldn't even be that noticeable. Weird shit began happening to my body. I'm done with this shit, going on subs for a week then fuck knows. Mental hospital if needed.

^^

That's a good step, man. Takes a lot of balls to delete all your numbers and throw your gear away. Stick to it, man. You're seeing how sick that shit makes you. If you keep going, you'll lose it. I know I did. Hah.

Stay strong, man.

Your from the UK so you have a much better chance at proper treatment than we do in the US. Isnt there a type of clinic in Switzerland where H users can go and get pure H and clean pins? UK just seems like a nice place to be an addict. IDK.

Your from the UK so you have a much better chance at proper treatment than we do in the US. Isnt there a type of clinic in Switzerland where H users can go and get pure H and clean pins? UK just seems like a nice place to be an addict. IDK.

Yeah Switzerland and the Netherlands have heroin assisted treatment, but I heard it's not easy to get on, even for junkies that actually live there. You can't just go to Switzerland from wherever you are from, and get on heroin maintenance, ha. The UK however, has basically the same kind of treatments we have here in the US. I don't think it's any better or worse there.

I think I might ask to go to rehab but I find it really scary. But I can't stay here. It's been two days now and I feel so weak I can't believe it, just in bed all day and I can't see any future, I'm really sorry I didn't snuff it when I OD'd.

UK seems like a nice place to be an addict????? WHAT? Not any worse or nicer than anywhere else, I'd say.
Third day off the gear/crack, three days without using needles, this hasn't happened in a looooong time

haha i didn't know snowballing meant about the blow job thing. never heard that. I'm the uUK too and that may be why iv heard of these being referred to as either snowball or speedball. I'm lucky, iv done it a few times and only got the desired effects once or twice so never really bothered with it after that unless someone had some really good coke Hcl

I think I might ask to go to rehab but I find it really scary. But I can't stay here. It's been two days now and I feel so weak I can't believe it, just in bed all day and I can't see any future, I'm really sorry I didn't snuff it when I OD'd.

Yeah rehab might be a good option, just to get away ya know? Sound like you need it. Why do you find it so scary? If you find a nice place, it's like being on vacation. Hah.

Feeling better, but this weekend was a fucking nightmare, I never ever felt that weak in my whole life, not even so much pain but terrible weakness, barely spent 30min out of bed. Sweating so much I thought I'd pissed the bed.