• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

Oh man, that is bad for a couple of reasons;

I mean, pure quinine is also an inhibitor as you know, and, combined w/ it?s side effects simply would not recommend it, to say the least

WGJis surprisingly effective, if you want to increase BA% and CNS activity to some extent, which is plying with Fire, though it and moderate dose Cimitedine will be shockingly effective, at least as much as quinine/quinidine, and has less side effect potential.

Though forcing this into the CNS, and especially with large or massive plasma levels from high dose inhibition and the dramatic(and even possibly exponential increase) in BA% is shaky ground...

Loperamide causes heart problems, and even damage(among other potential effects-neurotoxicity) so the risk of increasing QT interval, too much, IMO

BA% is less than 5% normally, and lower BA% = a greater effect from inhibitors, and (in this case, particularly) can lead to a dramatic effect and increase%; going from 5% to 25 is literally 5x the dose, for practical purposes(and plasma levels, and even duration can be effected) so, people underestimate it.

Edit:

... Confused a bit... 1.5g~ in two boxes:.. 500 tablets is a gram, are the boxes 400 tablets each, which is actually quite reasonable under the circumstances, or was that typo?

They have(or had) 200 tablet bottles, and they were absurdly cheap; 800mg being less than a typical Big Mac

Never found/noticed any more than that, otc that is

Last edited:
Wiki states BA at 0.3%??

This is another problem with Lope and Diabetics..

Cardiac dysryhthmias and death are reported after loperamide abuse. The mechanism of death is not clear and cardiac depression may play a role in this mechanism. Loperamide is widely used as an agonist of the μ-opioid receptor (MOR) in clinical practice. In skeletal muscle, an increase in MOR in response to hyperglycemia is largely attributable to higher expression of the transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3), which binds to the promoter of the MOR genes. Therefore, we investigated the changes in cardiac MOR caused by hyperglycemia both in vivo and in vitro.

The reduction in cardiac performance in response to loperamide was markedly enhanced in diabetic rats. As shown in Table 1, cardiac output (CO) declined by ∼41.8 ? 2.3% in the diabetic rats (n = 6) but only by 15.1 ? 1.6% in the control rats (n = 6) after loperamide treatment.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0188440917300255#bbib8

Last edited:
Anhydride, you can pm me if? Can?t pm you for some reason, though can reply?

Need to tell you something pertaining to last post

Wiki states BA at 0.3%??

This is another problem with Lope and Diabetics..

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0188440917300255#bbib8

I

(About BA%, yeah, at low doses it doesn?t even show up in blood sometimes; however, it has also been listed a bit higher, however it is less than 5% certainly, although with very high doses BA% can increase to some extent, lending it a further unprodictable profile and TW;

Edit: Removed things that are better not posted here

Last edited by a moderator:
Need help with withrawls

Hello, I'm new here and have been reading this thread on using loperamide and cimetidine to help withdrawal symptoms from heroin. I desperately need help and I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to post this here or if i should post it elsewhere so I apologize for my ignorance to posting on forums as this is my first time doing so. Anyway, I am currently an IV heroin user, I'd say anywhere from a half gram to a gram per day...not sure what kind exactly but it's definitely not weak stuff. I'm currently on a 6 month bender after being clean for 5yrs and I desperately want to get my life back on track. Last time I detoxed cold turkey tapering myself down from 110mg methadone n that was complete and utter hell. I also had a week to be able to lay around where this time I don't so any help would be greatly appreciated. Again tho, excuse my ignorance but I just want to make sure I purchase the right stuff so as far as loperamide, where and what brand should I get. Don't really have time to order online and wait for the delivery and the only thing I'm familiar with is Imodium AD but I usually buy the Meijer generic brand Anti-diarrheal. Is that ok or is something else suggested. As for the cimetidine, I'm not even sure what that is besides an antacid which I only know from looking it up. Where n what brand do I buy of that one? It's myself and my boyfriend that will be detoxing so I also need to know approximately how much of each I will need as well as a taper schedule if someone would be so kind to help me out. I've read so much of this thread and a lot of it is so detailed with words and abbreviations I don't understand. I've looked up some of them but some I wasn't so sure of. I'm really desperate at this point so if anyone can help me I'd really really appreciate it. Thanks!

Hi, I hope you still have a grip on things. In order for the Loperamide to work, you have to inhibit your Pglycoprotein efflux pump: this is most important, as it will allow you to have effects even with smaller doses. There is a widely available supplement that has recently been discovered to do that well called Quercetin. You should take about 750=1000 mg each (3-4 capsules @ 250mg a capsule). Here's the package insert from a Neutraceutical company called Solal:
Cyclosporine: Quercetin increases plasma levels and prolongs the half-life of cyclosporine.
Cytochrome P450 2C8, 2C9, 2D6, 3A4: Preliminary evidence indicated that quercetin inhibits these enzymes and this may lead to reduced elimination and higher plasma levels of medicines metabolised by these substrates.
Some medicines that could be affected include: amiodarone, docetaxel, tretinoins, repaglinide, verapamil, celecoxib, diclofenac, fluvastatin, glipizide, ibuprofen, irbesartan, losartan, phenytoin, piroxicam, tamoxifen, tolbutamide, torsemide, warfarin, amitriptyline, codeine, flecainide, haloperidol, imipramine, metoprolol, ondansetron, paroxetine, risperidone, tramadol, venlafaxine, calcium channel blockers, chemotherapeutic agents antifungals, glucocorticoids, alfentanil, fentanyl, losartan, fluoxetine, midazolam, omeprazole, lansoprazole, propranolol, fexofenadine, amitriptyline, amiodarone, citalopram, sertraline and numerous others.

P-Glycoprotein substrates: There is preliminary evidence that the quercetin inhibits the gastrointestinal P-glycoprotein efflux pump. This may increase the bioavailability and the serum levels of drugs transported by the pump. Medicines transported by the pump include: paclitaxel, diltiazem, cyclosporine, saquinavir, digoxin, chemotherapeutic agents (etoposide, vinblastine, vincristine, vindesine), antifungals (ketoconazole, itraconazole), protease inhibitors (amprenavir, indinavir, nelfinavir), H2 antagonists (cimetidine, ranitidine), verapamil, corticosteroids, erythromycin, zexofenadine, loperamide, quinidine, and others.
Quinolone antibiotics: Quercetin might competitively inhibit quinolone antibiotics by binding to the DNA gyrase site on bacteria. Quinolones include: ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, ofloxacin, moxifloxacin, gatifloxacin and others.

As for the Loperamide, any brand will do. The dosage is widely dependant on your heroin 'monkey? but you can try starting from 8-12 mg every 6 hours and see if that starts working for you, provided you have inhibited your pglycoprotein efflux pump. Try washing down the Quecetin with Tonic water as the Quinine also works synergistcally to inhibit Pglycoprotein.
Inhibiting your cyp2D6 is a second tier of intervention as it will ensure the Loperamide stays in your system in active form for longer, that's where you can get 400mg of Cimetedine (Tagamet over the counter), and the Quercetin also inhibits this enzyme too.
I hope this helps! Goodluck.

Hello, I'm new here and have been reading this thread on using loperamide and cimetidine to help withdrawal symptoms from heroin. I desperately need help and I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to post this here or if i should post it elsewhere so I apologize for my ignorance to posting on forums as this is my first time doing so. Anyway, I am currently an IV heroin user, I'd say anywhere from a half gram to a gram per day...not sure what kind exactly but it's definitely not weak stuff. I'm currently on a 6 month bender after being clean for 5yrs and I desperately want to get my life back on track. Last time I detoxed cold turkey tapering myself down from 110mg methadone n that was complete and utter hell. I also had a week to be able to lay around where this time I don't so any help would be greatly appreciated. Again tho, excuse my ignorance but I just want to make sure I purchase the right stuff so as far as loperamide, where and what brand should I get. Don't really have time to order online and wait for the delivery and the only thing I'm familiar with is Imodium AD but I usually buy the Meijer generic brand Anti-diarrheal. Is that ok or is something else suggested. As for the cimetidine, I'm not even sure what that is besides an antacid which I only know from looking it up. Where n what brand do I buy of that one? It's myself and my boyfriend that will be detoxing so I also need to know approximately how much of each I will need as well as a taper schedule if someone would be so kind to help me out. I've read so much of this thread and a lot of it is so detailed with words and abbreviations I don't understand. I've looked up some of them but some I wasn't so sure of. I'm really desperate at this point so if anyone can help me I'd really really appreciate it. Thanks!

Generic lope works just as well as immodium, at half the price..

It sounds like youre new to lope, that being said, I would avoid pgp inhibitors these guys are suggesting, because it's unpredictable, even to seasoned vets.

^ Yes.

What the previous poster posted was irresponsible ; this is dangerous information about something, well potentially dangerous

A 3A4 inhibitor would actually work fine in many cases, with a moderate tolerance

I?m using Lope right now for oxy wd. It?s a miracle worker. 60 mg day 1. 40 mg day 2. On day 3 today , itll be 36 mg today. Dosing every 12 hours. Dropping by 8 mg/day probably till day 6, then off. It took about 4 hours to have any effect. And another 36 hours to take full effect. Whatevey they do to me, it lasts a long time- maybe 2 days. That?s why I dropped so much after day 1.
To be clear..... Im not high. I was on 120 mg/day oxy for about 2 years. Cold turkey was gonna be murder. Right now I feel lethargic and Im sneezing a lot, but I can function. Without the lope I could only last 12 hours max until I was begging for death. I would have sold a kidney for more pills by day 3.
I can see how people turn to heroin from pills. Even if the lope does a little damage, it will heal. Moving on to H would be a death sentence.
Anyone using this recreationally is insane. Imagine the dumbass who uses 200 pills a day for months and the DEA regulates it like they did to Sudafed. Now he can only get a pack of 12 every other day and he is screwed, guaranteed hospitalization from dehydration crapping his brains out.
Pick something that everyone knows how much and how bad already. There is AA, NA, etc. Next it will be LA, Loperamide Anonymous. Free coffee, donuts, laxatives, and twelve port-a-potties outside every meeting.

Last edited:
Just be aware due to the long half life even the once daily dosing is just building it up in your system. It's possible you're just raising your tolerance without noticing. You'd be better off dosing every other day if not 3 days. Also the high dose is where you risk qt prolongation especially continued use.

Also the DEA is limiting the sales because of the exact kind of misuse causing big problems for those who rely on lope to manage their bowel habits. It's really not okay they end up suffering because of others choice in abuse just like chronic pain sufferers who can't get their opiod medication yet don't have access to cannabis even still. It's just not okay

When I've used it in the past I would run dosing intervals of 32-48 hours. That's far from a 5 half life clearance but seemed far better an option then every 24 hours where the hints of syncope and that horizontal nystagmus effect would become noticeable when looking far left or right without moving your head.

I've finally come to a place where I'm back on kratom for the past 2 weeks, was doing 300 to 400mg lope every day . My previous addiction was kratom, but the health impacts of lope were getting to worrisome.

The only thing that sucks is that the kratom now after long high dose daily lope use doesn't last nearly as long and even 12g doesn't fully stop the leg pain you get in opioid withdrawal after the first hour.

I'm just gonna grit through it, but its tempting to go back of course. In the end I'd rather manage a kratom addiction again rather than something that could literally cause fatal heart problems

Edit: I was wondering this-would frequent lower doses be better for managing the arduous process of lope withdrawal than 2 or 3 high doses?

Also i know phenibut is very addictive but would it help if i used it every couple of days to get more sleep. I've been getting 4 to 6 hrs for the duration of stopping lope and they are with lots of awakenings at night

Last edited:
Mine is not the only story out there of someone using lope to manage opiate wd. The DEA will do their business whether I suffer ct today or not. I choose not.
For me this is not a discussion about the potential harmfulness of Loperamide. I?m starting day 4 of ct from 120 mg/day oxy and I am fully functional. I have been through this before, from 1/2 the oxy with zero help, and I promise I would have gone and done something very bad for my life this time before today without the Lope.
This is really a question of life or death...... and the lope is keeping me alive.
In two days I?ll take a laxative and manage a taper from the last bit of lope if necessary. NOTHING compared to what hell I would have live through otherwise.

I decided I probably don?t need any more Loperamide yesterday so I only took my morning dose and quit. I start day five today (complete 48 hours no opiates) and I feel pretty ok. Still sneezing, lethargic, sensitive to noises and sunlight. But my body aches, restless legs, insomnia, hopelessness, all are gone or almost gone. I slept 8 hours last night and even cut back on my Benzos a little.
So to conclude: Loperamide usage: dosing every 12 hours in mg: 30,30,20,20,16,16,12, then off. It didn?t work at all for about 4-8 hours. Most noticeable at 24-48 hours. We will see if it carries me through the next day or if I get wds from the lope!
Im a pretty healthy person , not overweight that is. I had a good bm the day before I started my lope therapy. I didn?t have intestinal troubles at all during this trip. I also havent crapped in a few days now, but that is normal for me.

Does anyone still post comments Its 2018 and I don't see any recent posts

Trump - look again, maybe on a previous page. Several comments this month alone

So I believe the vote is in from me anyway
The Loperamide seems to be like jumping from an airplane.
Youre not changing how far down the fall will be. Only changing how hard the final impact will be and how long you spend falling. Lope is like a parachute full of holes. I still am in withdrawl from oxy, and I believe I should be better by now, based on previous experience. Theres no question that the lope helped slow my decent but it feels to me that I am taking much longer to reach my goal
Survey says!: There?s no magic cure, but the lope really kept me sane, even if I have to feel crappy a few days longer. It was still a lifesaver.