• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

@lolwhatzdrugs

Why/which part?

I'll add that if you mean chewing, my reasoning for doing this is to manage constiptation/ stool hardening. Just didnt want to give out too much info. Makes sense to me though. Maybe not. ..

@lolwhatzdrugs

Why/which part?

I'll add that if you mean chewing, my reasoning for doing this is to manage constiptation/ stool hardening. Just didnt want to give out too much info. Makes sense to me though. Maybe not. ..

It makes 0 sense.

1. Loperamide tastes terrible
2. Chewing it would not do shit for constipation, and would probably only increase time to peak plasma (I believe it's 4 hours) which would lessen the duration of 17-20hrs
3. Sublingually?! ICKKKKKKKK Also unnecessary.
4. Everything else you mentioned is or people who think they can squeeze more into their brain for a high. You can do that, but not with what you listed, with research drugs like ceroport which are not available to the general public (ie researchers).

Take pills incrementally (1-4 at a time) waiting four hours between adding more to stop withdrawals. Unless you have a strong tolerance like me (150mg of hydrocodone to get high, you need to start with 40-50 pills) But this should always be titrated up to reach the lowest effective dose. If you just pop handfuls, you may be taking too much, and may become more dependant on opioids than you were before.

mareseatoats -- Loperamide's calcium channel blockade effect isn't so much causing heart disease as it is altering the heart rate and rhythm potentially leading to a deadly arrythmia that can lead to cardiac arrest.

Thanks Kat- but also wondering will something like subutex/buprenorphine do the same thing to heart-possible arrhythmia? Or is that something partial to loperimide usage only? Just wondering if anyone knew that..

Thanks Kat- but also wondering will something like subutex/buprenorphine do the same thing to heart-possible arrhythmia? Or is that something partial to loperimide usage only? Just wondering if anyone knew that..

It's an exclusive feature of loperamide, I mean they're is a reason it isn't supposed to act centrally.

The only other opioid I've ever even heard effecting the heart in a similar way is methadone, but only at EXTREMELY HIGH DOSES, in the case I am citing, the idiot was taking 660mg per day, and chose to have a pacemaker put in, rather than decrease his dose...

It makes 0 sense.

1. Loperamide tastes terrible
2. Chewing it would not do shit for constipation, and would probably only increase time to peak plasma (I believe it's 4 hours) which would lessen the duration of 17-20hrs
3. Sublingually?! ICKKKKKKKK Also unnecessary.
4. Everything else you mentioned is or people who think they can squeeze more into their brain for a high. You can do that, but not with what you listed, with research drugs like ceroport which are not available to the general public (ie researchers).

Take pills incrementally (1-4 at a time) waiting four hours between adding more to stop withdrawals. Unless you have a strong tolerance like me (150mg of hydrocodone to get high, you need to start with 40-50 pills) But this should always be titrated up to reach the lowest effective dose. If you just pop handfuls, you may be taking too much, and may become more dependant on opioids than you were before.

I agree, but I would never suggest starting with 50 loperamide. My tolerance was higher than yours(150mg hydro would (maybe) have had me ok for a few hours) and I started with 50, and got INTENSE stomach pain, and cramping.

So in some cases, regardless of tolerance it can cause problem.
If someone has a very high tolerance, lope is pretty much useless(aside from stomach relief) but in any case, I'd only start with 20 or so, and go up from they're.

Okay so as stated previously I have been on lope for a few months now and Take about 25-30 mg a day. Today like most days I had a BM in the morning, today I actually took 2 and seemed somewhat healthy besides the whole bloody TP issue I sometimes have. Any recommendations on something to help? Sorry for being so graphic, also My stomach has been bubbling like crazy like up against my skin, i can feel it vibrating, its not growling as Im not hungry, it does it for 5-12 seconds then stops and starts again. Anyone know what this is? Im assuming its because of the lope, and sorry again for some pretty graphic details, but if your an opiate addict I think youll understand.

It's an exclusive feature of loperamide, I mean they're is a reason it isn't supposed to act centrally.

The only other opioid I've ever even heard effecting the heart in a similar way is methadone, but only at EXTREMELY HIGH DOSES, in the case I am citing, the idiot was taking 660mg per day, and chose to have a pacemaker put in, rather than decrease his dose...

Q-T Prolongation?

Okay so as stated previously I have been on lope for a few months now and Take about 25-30 mg a day. Today like most days I had a BM in the morning, today I actually took 2 and seemed somewhat healthy besides the whole bloody TP issue I sometimes have. Any recommendations on something to help? Sorry for being so graphic, also My stomach has been bubbling like crazy like up against my skin, i can feel it vibrating, its not growling as Im not hungry, it does it for 5-12 seconds then stops and starts again. Anyone know what this is? Im assuming its because of the lope, and sorry again for some pretty graphic details, but if your an opiate addict I think youll understand.

It might not be. For sure you sould get a colonoscopy and take stool softners.

Last edited:
Yeah, Torsades de pointes.

It's the only case I know of opioids causing those kind of heart issues(well, aside from od'ing, obviously.) But at an ungodly 660mg, it's no suprise!

Last edited:
I agree, but I would never suggest starting with 50 loperamide. My tolerance was higher than yours(150mg hydro would (maybe) have had me ok for a few hours) and I started with 50, and got INTENSE stomach pain, and cramping.

I think you missed this part of my post
Take pills incrementally (1-4 at a time) waiting four hours between adding more to stop withdrawals.

I meant he still need to titrate the doses upwards even with a higher tolerance in order to avoid the problems you experienced.

And that link is broken.

Now that is fucking crazy. Who the fuck could ever use 600mg? That could get like 300 non tolerant people fucking high.

Haha yeah, imagine how much loperamide he'd need!

I know a conservative estimate says 2000mg oxycodone...

^^^ Son of a bitch!!!

LOLZ, I take it you have a lot of experience? A close friend(relative, actually) wants to try lope to help her deal with a few days of withdrawal, and with all my knowledge I don't know what to tell her. If I told you her tolerance could you give me a rough regimen she should use?

Experience with high dose loperamide - no, just knowledge extrapolated from my use.

I could try and give a taper schedule.

Well anything would help, I ask you because your not one of these crazy people trying to get CNS effects, and you seem cool.

She was doing 1-2mg IV buprenorphine per day, but her tolerance would be about half of that now. She wants to give it a shot, though she'd probably be stuck with just 100 tablets to do it with(though I will try and get her another bottle if I go to the city, WAY CHEAPER they're).

Any suggestions?

It's say 45 pills at first (titrated up to them) and then tapered over like a week.
45-40-35-30-25-20-15-10-5-4-3-2-1