• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

It's not us, merely been popularized by junkies that it will indeed stop that feeling of suicidality/immense emotional and physical pain.

I haven't taken any "actual" opioids in a few weeks now and am trying to ease myself off this lope crutch.

I'm glad you got through - going through acute-w/d as a fentanyl pain patient is OUTRAGEOUS - that they hook you on such drugs, and yet there are situations where you can't receive them! I hope you start doing and feeling better very very soon longbeachone!

I was told that a paper showed that an MPTP-like compound is form but that the limited amount entering the brain and the normal usage, the amount would be tiny. The problem with loperamide is that it has a biphasic activity curve. As it enters the brain, the ABC-binding cassette pumps it right back out again BUT once you take enough to overcome this, the dose/response gets steeper so it could be 200mg is OK but 250 is a lot, lot stronger.

A friend showed it me and I know it's on the web and free somewhere. As for people maintaining on 100s of mg per day... nobody knows if it is damaging the cells in the substantia nigra. I read the book 'the case of the frozen addicts' and it sounds like not everyone who took it got instant Parkinsons. Only first names were given but if those people were traced, it would be interesting to know if they developed early onset Parkinsons.

Longbeachone, it's great you have found relief, I will say as a warning to be careful of your loperamide intake/duration of use. Having experienced w/d from fentanyl (duragesic patch) oxy, ultram, and loperamide (the last drug I detoxes from) I will say te lope w/d was far worse and is taking a long time to resolve. Fentanyl is pretty short acting loperamide is much longer acting and seems to cause a longer duration w/d in my opinion. Detoxing from fetanyl was no cake walk but within 2 weeks I was feeling back to 80%normal. With lope I'm approaching a month and am only about 25% of normal. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth,

Longbeachone, it's great you have found relief, I will say as a warning to be careful of your loperamide intake/duration of use. Having experienced w/d from fentanyl (duragesic patch) oxy, ultram, and loperamide (the last drug I detoxes from) I will say te lope w/d was far worse and is taking a long time to resolve. Fentanyl is pretty short acting loperamide is much longer acting and seems to cause a longer duration w/d in my opinion. Detoxing from fetanyl was no cake walk but within 2 weeks I was feeling back to 80%normal. With lope I'm approaching a month and am only about 25% of normal. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth,

This is true of all half life Vs. short half life drugs. You'd have been just as miserable (maybe more?) if you replace the word loperamide with methadone.

WHY does loperamide help with EVERY aspect of withdrawal?

I've recently decided to quit kratom after 3 years at semi-high doses and I'm going to use loperamide. A couple months ago, I went 10 days without kratom thanks to loperamide. By day 7, I stopped using loperamide altogether so by day 9-10 I mostly just felt pretty depressed. I understand why loperamide will stop the physical withdrawals but why does it also stop the anxiety, depression, lethargy etc.? When I first tried this I was very skeptical but thought I might as well try to stop...thinking it would only help the physical.

Don't misunderstand, I did not 'feel' anything except relief from the withdrawals. I just got to thinking about this and figured there had to be someone more knowledgeable than me on here who could possibly explain.

It's a fent analogue that cross the BBB in very minute amounts(and has a disgusting side-effect profile, IMO).

Because it's an actual opiate.

I'm going to move this to the Lope Megathread. Use the search engine for basic questions like this in the future, please.

Thanks.

When you look at the patent, you see why out of the 50 odd compounds tested, they chose loperamide. You can simply overpower the glycoproteins which is why it's dose/response curve seems to be biphasic. You reach a point when suddenly it's entering the brain faster than it's getting out and it builds up.

For anyone who bothers to look at the patent, look at the version right next to it without that -Cl. It brings down the LogP (rules of 5) and it's magically x10 more potent as an analgesic. If someone figures a simple way to remove the -Cl, you have something as potent as codeine.

When you look at the patent, you see why out of the 50 odd compounds tested, they chose loperamide. You can simply overpower the glycoproteins which is why it's dose/response curve seems to be biphasic. You reach a point when suddenly it's entering the brain faster than it's getting out and it builds up.

For anyone who bothers to look at the patent, look at the version right next to it without that -Cl. It brings down the LogP (rules of 5) and it's magically x10 more potent as an analgesic. If someone figures a simple way to remove the -Cl, you have something as potent as codeine.

20. The combiantion [sic lol] of claim 17 wherein the container comprises an inhalation mist or powder means, and the compound is loperamide or a salt thereof, he compound being at a concentration of from about 0.002% to about 1% in the composition.

They have a patent on an inhaler. I wonder if that spelling makes the patent ambiguous and false. lol

My personal views

ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN MY EXPERIENCE-- I have been a drug user since I was 15 years old(I just turned 25 last week)and have experimented with most hard drugs and been addicted to crystal meth, (weed: which I personally do not consider a "drug") and since I was 20 I have been using opiates on and off. I went from pills to heroin to Oxys back to heroin. I've been through 3 rehabs and still used after but have cleaned up in the last year and stuck to ganja.. But I had a bad accident several months ago and was prescribed norco 10mg.. I was hooked for about 3 months and decided I couldn't do it again, so I went in search of home remedies for tapering off opiates/preventing withdrawals.. I found out about loperamide and decided I had nothing to lose.. And well, IT WORKED! At first I took twelve 2mg pills (24mg of lope hcl) and I swore I felt AMAZING around an hour or so later! I decided to take another 8 pills(16mg of lope hcl) and started smoking bowls of delicious greenery.. About 2 hours later I honestly felt SOOO great! I was warm and comfortable, happy, energetic, and my pain was ALL GONE! I am not joking around! Since then I have taken lope hcl in higher doses along with hydroxyzine[strong antihistamine/opioid potentiator] and I swear you guys.. I WAS NODDIN'! I read about all the placebo effects and I have to say that IMO there ain't no placebo strong enough to make you nods out then wake up 1hr45mins later drooling with a book in your hand that you don't remember ever grabbing! I am currently on about 50mg of lope hcl-----{I get a bottle of 72ct caplets 2mg per pill LOPERAMIDE HcLfor $4.99 at my local Ralph's which I find to be the most affordable compared to other stores, (I.e CVS, Walgreens)} -----and 10mg hydroxyzine(found in my medicine cabinet) and I feel really fkn wonderful! Not the same as heroin or oxy high, or even norco/vicodin.. But rather a lil like the body high of ecstasy and the head high of good black tar! If you're reluctant to try it, then don't.. I'm not here to encourage ANYTHING! Just sharing my own thoughts, opinions, and experience ok! Do with this information what you will! But I can say 100% that lope gets me my magical euphoria!!

This drug should only be used for tapering off opioids and not to get "high." I've taken a single dose as high as 200mg, and I can tell you, it still wouldn't ever have shit on morphine.

Maybe in some way you're physiologically special?

I have in my day taken a huge dose of lope over the course of a day. Opening a 200ct Kirkland bottle in the morning and by night inadvertently finishing it. At really high doses I never experienced a euphoria like traditional opiates. I found the effects at super high doses unpleasant. Chest pain irregular heart beat, unable to focus eyes. Anyway I am now almost 6 weeks out from lope withdrawal. As an addict I know words of caution mean fuck all but I'll say it anyway, be careful with the lope I have detoxed for a lot of opiates and loperamide was the worst most drawn out detox I have ever experienced.

I would just like to add, Im not severly opiate dependant but I have a moderate problem, I mainly maintain on kratom but fuck with other shit about once a month....but it takes me a min of 20mg oxy to feel decent. I decided to try the immodium thing one day (14mg) and nearly ended up in the ER. My bowels were compacted for a week. Scared me shitless (no pun there) Trust me NOT FUN....NO BUZZ, but I did feel something opiatesque , but no pleasure ,for the first day...the 6 days of bowel pains and NO MOVEMENT.

So right now I am on day 4 of my heroin detox and for 2 weeks prior to me quitting i was taking about 40mg a day of loperamide to potentiate and taper, I got down to 20mg and then I got caught up by my girlfriend and well no more of that but it's not day 4 I have had only 2 bowel movements and haven't touched the loperamide in 4 days and everytime I eat I can feel the food perched in my upper abdomin then it move into my lower and just CRAMPS CRAMPs CRAMPS but no poop :-( why no poop?

is this normal? did I fuck myself up? should I possibly get an colonoscopy? it's just like day 4 of heroin withdrawals and NO shitting? and I've been forcing myself to eat (you gotta, I'm 6 foot and I dropped to 130lbs on day 2)

I hope people don't just pass this up like they usually do with the lope thread...

dude....read my post just above yours^^^^ everyones different ...but this is just one of things I feel is potentially dangerous about lope...I had only one experience and never again....so I may not be the authority on it but.....

I would just like to add, Im not severly opiate dependant but I have a moderate problem, I mainly maintain on kratom but fuck with other shit about once a month....but it takes me a min of 20mg oxy to feel decent. I decided to try the immodium thing one day (14mg) and nearly ended up in the ER. My bowels were compacted for a week. Scared me shitless (no pun there) Trust me NOT FUN....NO BUZZ, but I did feel something opiatesque , but no pleasure ,for the first day...the 6 days of bowel pains and NO MOVEMENT.

Yeah - I would need 100 mg of oxycodone to feel a buzz and 14mg of loperamide would be about half of the dose I'd need to feel normal. That means you took WAY to much, you should have been taking 4-6 mg which still could end up being to much. 20mg is a tiny amount of oxycodone as far as dependency goes, 14mg is a decent amount of loperamide.

If you are unfamiliar with loperamide and you plan on using it to mitigate or eliminate withdrawal symptoms, you need to start really low and work your way up. You should have started with the recommended dosage of 4 mg and worked your way up, and if anyone reads this and you're on 20mg of oxy or 30mg of hydrocodone, or doing a point of heroin a day or other stuff in that range, start with the recommended dose.

So right now I am on day 4 of my heroin detox and for 2 weeks prior to me quitting i was taking about 40mg a day of loperamide to potentiate and taper, I got down to 20mg and then I got caught up by my girlfriend and well no more of that but it's not day 4 I have had only 2 bowel movements and haven't touched the loperamide in 4 days and everytime I eat I can feel the food perched in my upper abdomin then it move into my lower and just CRAMPS CRAMPs CRAMPS but no poop :-( why no poop?

is this normal? did I fuck myself up? should I possibly get an colonoscopy? it's just like day 4 of heroin withdrawals and NO shitting? and I've been forcing myself to eat (you gotta, I'm 6 foot and I dropped to 130lbs on day 2)

I hope people don't just pass this up like they usually do with the lope thread...

Yo you need some stool softeners and laxatives extremely bad
^this. Get some stool softeners, or suppository laxatives. A colonoscopy is used to assess cancer risk/presence or other bowel problems, not to jam a camera up there to loosen shit up. If you still can't shit for an extended time get to the doctor or if you start to have a fever or serious pains get to the emergency rooms because you have a fecal impaction that needs surgery. You'll probably be fine.

Good to know! Thanks man....I meant 20mgs to feel anything at all, but 40-50 to cop a nod...but I get your point