• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

Opioid naive people chasing a high with this one = a quick death

Well maybe that's why some states want to schedule it. But I thought massive constipation was the main result of overindulgence. Can such constipation have fatal complications?

Well maybe that's why some states want to schedule it. But I thought massive constipation was the main result of overindulgence. Can such constipation have fatal complications?

Generally if you have a tolerance and aren't going crazy, yeah, constipation is the main effect. There was a dependant member here who died from alcohol+loperamide, don't know exactly how much he took.

And yes, constipation alone can cause a bowel impaction, though I have read very few cases of this occurring. That does not mean you should take loperamide willy nilly. If it's for withdrawal eat plenty of fiber, if you're constipated take stool softeners as directed. By death I was explicitly referring to someone with no tolerance trying to get a high out of it.

I am both dependent and addicted to Loperamide, I do crave it, however I began my opioid addiction with oral opium aka poppy pod tea.

Economic reasons forced me to start using Loperamide as a maintenance drug for both addiction and physical dependency maintenance 3 years ago. And it does hold me both physically and pscyhologically. But I crave it before I begin to detox from it. Loperamide makes my legs weak and other muscles tremor when strained and a few times my legs have given out and it took me a couple minutes to get off the ground - and so I force myself to taper it down before I need to run errands to prevent this, below 75mg it usually doesn't make my muscles weak and act with tremor luckilly.

But for me there is a definite psychological component to Loperamide. Nowhere near as good as Schedule II opioids I have used or poppy pods, but just enough to prevent me from ordering a bunch of Schedule II warmness -- which I have easy access to ironically now that I moved on from poppy pods.

That would be more dangerous maintaining on it if you like it. I personally LOVE IT but only because it's cheap and makes life ok without having to do illegal opioids! But I don't love the feeling of it, there is none. And it slows my digestion down which makes me eat less, but ironically gain weight (if you don't moderate quality of food) as it gives your body WAY more time to extract nutrients by slowing transit.

Overall, I'd be sad and depressed if I had to be on methadone or bupe.

im down to like 10 2mg pills ever 12 hours. Better than when I was doing like 50 2mg pills every 24hrs.

P.S. dont get it OTC. Too expensive. A 4 pack of 200 2mg pills is dirt cheap through popular online retailers.

So I took a large dose a few hours ago, so I can just take a few smaller doses every few hours for the rest of the 24 hrs span? Then repeat tomorrow? (Large dose followed by smaller? ) Thanks for your input, I just want to make sure I take enough to keep the wd from surfacing, since it takes 3-4hrs to kick in, in the event I wouldn't have taken enough.

Not sure if it's been mentioned here much (probably) but proton pump inhibitors seem to help lope cross the BBB for a little bit longer before it gets booted out. Dont think you're gonna get high. I just makes me feel more comfortable and a little stronger withdrawal relief when I take Nexium with my regular lope dose.

As stated, tampering with this stuff to get high is no good. Closes I came was taking a overload dose so it seemed like there was too much lope in my body for it to completely boot it out of the BBB. Mild mild mild body feeling with looooots of itches. Still, DONT RECOMMENT TAMPERING. I had a job interview that day, and had to take like 250mg DPH or more eventually to duspress the itches.. but then I got the weird (but tolerable) effects from that during the interview.

Yeah I'm not trying to get "high" just not feel like sh*t. I'll be the first to admit, my mind is weak as all get it when it comes to wd. I usually end up making myself feel worse than I actually do by dwelling on it. I am taking it with the cimitidne (sp) to help it.

^Im the same and with my pain problems. Before accident I was out on mountain retreats doing all kinda hippy stuff. And I was just saying for general info, not for you.

Got down to 15 grams of kratom from 35... think 8 mgs in the morning and night would help alleviate some of the RLS and anxiety?

Last edited:
Bro maybe with some gfj..

But honestly for wds of any kind 18mgs and up only do the trick cs

How often do yall redose?

I would take my first dose the night before I know I would get sick (so say I did my last shot of heroin at noon and go to bed at 9PM, I'd take 1 gram of cimetidine then wait an hour and take 40mg of loperamide) then the next morning I would take 800mg Cimetidine then 36MG of Loperamide, this is the only time I dose so close together. After that I only dose once every 24 hours dropping only one lope a day for a slow taper. some people say to drop 2 and I've done this and you feel a little bit more uncomfortable then dropping only one but that's the key. A fast taper, do not get stuck on your comfort dose and just plateau there. You won't feel 100% and the cravings will be there (that's why a benzodiazepine and weed help a lot with loperamide!) but it's enough to function (I went to work as a server at a restaurant on day one of a .5 gram a day heroin habit using cimetidine and loperamide and I made it thru my shift with no complications!)

My post disappeared. Luckily for you guys I have insomnia and no life. Lol
if you have prescription coverage, try lomotil. It's like loperamide but crosses the BBBand is scheduled. Very easy to get though. It's a good potentiator for opiates if you have no tolerance.
only caveat is a low dose atropine is added to make them less abuseable.

I would still like to know if I take a sub while taking these, will it throw me into precipitated withdrawal? Please and thank you ♡