Monkey on my back...

amazing!!
Nice post... interesting !
smileyhappy.ico

The only problem I have with this story is the lack of paragraph breaks. But it was wonderful. As a recovering(?) heroin addict as well as an aspiring writer (fiction, not journalism, but there's not too much money in either nowadays) it was both a wake up call and a motivation. Bravo. Excellent. I enjoyed this immensely. My story isn't as harrowing as yours; if this in some small way allows my habit to be arrested at some point before it reaches that extent I will be eternally grateful. I haven't found 12 step meetings to be very helpful however. I still go to them 2-3 times a week though, to appease my parents.

I'm sorry I'm kind of strung out on benzos atm. I think I might be addicted to those also. We'll see when I go home and stop altogether. I hope withdrawal is minor. Anyway, it was beautiful, I adore the cultural references, frequent yet added, not detracted from the originality of the piece. lovely.

This thread is really great because of the informative and helpful discussion. I'm glad I have found this thread.

---------------
TVwebi

Last edited:
wow....i hope everything goes well for you. it sounds like my brothers life but he is still on herion. idk how to spell it!

I just read this, great writing! I couldn't stop reading, normally I don't read long pieces of text on the internet but then again normally they aren't nearly as well-written as this either.

I don't even know how long I've been reading this, 45 minutes, an hour, an hour and 15 minutes? Haven't looked away once.

i love Bluelight and i love whoever the fuck wrote this because they are a "whoever the fuck"

That's one hell of a kick story OP.Don't ya just love it?All the sweeter knowing we do this shit to ourselves.Kick,get clean,been there and done that so you know what it's all about and yet we relapse,knowing what it will entail.I totally felt you all through your narrative.You pretty much covered all the bases with that one.Nice job,time to reward one's self with a nice fat shot(I'm kidding about that last part).

Amazing, this is one of the best things i've read in my life drug-wise. Just incredible.

This is one of the first things i ever read on Bluelight back in 2006. That was when I started to lurk here before i joined. I used to be really strung out on heroin then and it resonates with me so deeply. Such a powerful post, literally got me hooked on the forum. Came here looking for information of Suboxone and Xanax, never could of imagined how large an impact Bluelight would have one my life.

This is where it all started and everyone who has joined us hear really needs to read this. It's desribes the struggle of being a junkie so well. It really made me feel it even more the first time because i was in withdrawal while i read it. It Was always a cycle of sick and well for me. Still on Suboxone now, once this Opiate bug bites you it never lets go. It's something i fantasize of every single day.

No you didn't
What happened?!?!? This started off so POWERFULLY MOVING! It had just the right amount of humor, wit, sarcasm and a pinch of slick lingo! Come on, the inner monologues were RIGHT on! Perfect! Every "fucker" and "asshole", was right on time. I had goose bumps and the geebeis from every accurate depiction of intense withdrawal. It was HUMAN- real. And then by like the 17 paragraph it died off and became so "tutorial". From Jerry to Oprah- frown. The human aspect of it seemd lost. I felt like I was in class listening to my college professor drone on and on about facts and dates. You became Wilson from "Tool Time", It doesn't add up. Trust this was good stuff, I committed quality time to its consumption, but when it's all said and done it just doesn't fell like it follows through. What...did you just become disenchanted? Did you loose your drive? Was your ambrosia from the Gods just so damn good that you couldn't continue to give what was so pleasing? It was the metho pop man... the metho pop...
Long read... But soul was undoubtedly hit hard with each word... Thank you

Still relevant....it's been 20 years+++....and it's as good as day 1. It even gets better each and every time I read it(like once a year) like a fine wine...

NSFW = John Cooper Clarke.

Famously when he quit H he didn't write a new poem for a decade. All over Manchester you knew he was coming because their was a chant 'get back on the smack, Clarkie'.