View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Real Danger of Research Chemicals

Lucky25

Greenlighter
I am well aware of the existence of 25i-NBOMe, DOx and Bromo-DragonFLY compounds being passed off as LSD and have heard stories of overdose and nasty vasoconstriction. However I am relatively unclear at what dosage levels these side effects start becoming pronounced.

If one were to buy from an unknown source and take a SINGLE blotter for initial identification purposes, is there ANY chance of these effects occurring? Or would multiple doses have to be consumed before one would have to worry about misidentification posing a problem?

There's no reason to take a blotter for test purposes when you can take a fraction of a blotter and use a test kit for identification purposes :)

Of course it wouldn't be consumed solely for test purposes :D Essentially what I'm asking is, if investing in a test kit is not an option, would consuming a single blotter pose any major risks such as the ones discussed in my original post, or would it be necessary to consume a fraction of a blotter to guarantee safety?

It depends what substance it is and what dose is on the blotter. I have 2.4mg DOC blotters and 1mg 25D blotters, "one blotter" is not a unit measure of how much material each one contains. All those chemicals you mention, even bromo dragonfly can be taken with a reasonable margin of safety as long as the dose is appropriate.

Of course it wouldn't be consumed solely for test purposes :D Essentially what I'm asking is, if investing in a test kit is not an option, would consuming a single blotter pose any major risks such as the ones discussed in my original post, or would it be necessary to consume a fraction of a blotter to guarantee safety?

Yes a single blotter of the drugs you mention could cause major health risks. If you do not know the strength of the blotter then your taking a huge risk by consuming it.

I think he's asking is it generally safe to consume one blotter of an unknown substance, and i think it's probable to say yes. I haven't heard of many 1 blotter tab hospitalizations, if ever.

I mean, i've taken many blotters in my life of many different substances, half of which i thought were LSD and the other half i which i thought i knew to be a certain dosage of a different certain substance.

Unless you synthesize the chemical and lay the blotter, you really don't know what it is or the dosage and i think this is probably true for a large majority of the blotters consumed. Seems like a good rule of thumb is not to exceed a single blotter. But keep in mind, i can trip off of 1/5th a 1000ug 25i blotter, but i can also take 2, so ymmv.

^ Dude that's horrible HR, a blotter can hold at least 2.5 mgs, likely even more... Death isn't the only risk, you also gotta take peoples mental health into consideration as well as hospitalizations. I know bromo d-fly is probably the last thing your gonna find on a blotter but 2.5+mgs of that shit can cause vasoconstriction so bad that it will likely result in a hospitalization, along with a 36 hour nightmare.

If the blotter was layed by some random who doesn't know what they're doing then a single blotter, while it very well not gonna kill someone (although it's possible), can also result in a hospitalization.

Even if the blotter is LSD there is a blotter going around at 732mcs!!! ( http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/717342-Warning-Ultra-potent-LSD-blotter-in-the-wild-(732-µg)-! ), while nobody is gonna die from this dose of L this is also a guaranteed hospital trip for an in-experienced tripper (possibly even a well versed tripper as well). This dose can also cause a traumatizing experience and a mental break, imagine a first time user taking one of these blotters which is an equivalent to 10-12 blotters, it's not gonna be a pretty sight 8o! The average blotter contains around 60-80mcs ...

While it may not be an everyday occurence for something to go wrong with a single blotter it's not outside the realm of possibility and there's no doubt that your risking your life when taking random, unknown blotters. Don't be offended by my post, like I said I've got no problems with you Crashing but this type of advice can get someone hurt.

OP if you don't want to take any risk of adverse effects then don't consume random blotters, if you do at least invest in a reagent test kit or send it in to ecstasydata.org. Even a reagent test kit won't tell you what dose is on the blotter but at least you will know what your taking. Taking unknown dosed blotters is very risky, especially if you don't even know what drug is on the blotter.

Nobody can tell you what's gonna happen if nobody knows the dose or substance, if you want to consume NBOMe or DOx at least order them online from vendors who know what they're doing that way you know the dose and substance you will be ingesting, you will also be saving a fuckload of money compared to buying blotters of someone on the street. NBOMe is rediculously cheap online, as is DOx...

Last edited:
^ Thank you for the clarification. While I never would, I know many who would take 2 or 3 hits without a second thought. Until now I was under the impression one hit was a relatively mild dose that posed little risk. While in the vast majority of cases I would assume a single blotter would be reasonably dosed and wouldn't cause severe adverse effects, it's good to know that this is not necessarily a guarantee.

The problem is you never know, keep in mind that the majority of people who sell NBOMe blotters in my area are young, inexperienced teens who buy powdered NBOMe and lay them themselves, do you really wanna put your health into their hands?

Also, even the standard NBOMe blotters layed professionally that are sold on the market are usually 1,000mcs, with no tolerance 1,000mcs of something like 25B is a seriously strong, likely overwhelming trip..If you do decide to take the blotter be smart and start at half. It may be unlikely that you will get something like br d-fly or 5-meo-amt but it's very likely that if you get an NBOMe blotter that a single blotter may be overwhelming if you happen to be inexperienced or sensitive.

Some people have +++ trips from 500mcs of 25i so you always wanna titrate up anyways incase your sensitive, and the fact that it's a.new drug and you won't know how you will react. The main point that you need to understand is that one blotter isn't a specific dose, one blotter can contain a lethal overdose or one blotter can contain an underwhelming dose and when your buying blotters from people who lay their blotters you never know how good a job they are doing laying the blotters.

There are even sometimes "hotspots" on the same sheet of blotter which means blotters from the same sheet could be unevenly dosed. Your best bet is to order some RC blotters online, I can't reccomend it enough.

Last edited:
I know what you're saying CaptainKratom but how many blotters have you taken and how much of that did you synth and lay yourself? I mean i understand your point perfectly, taking drugs can be dangerous in many ways but let's be realistic - out of all the blotter you've taken how many landed you in the hospital?

You're saying you buy professionally laid blotters?

anythings possible but what are the chances? most problems with nbome involve the powder form

there is acid in europe right now dosed at 732ug per unit, but should we not take any acid since it might be that strong? dont tell the guy he cant take ONE blotter, dude probably wants to trip.

Last edited:
The thing is I buy my LSD from a very respected dealer, I don't buy from strangers who either don't know what they're selling, lie about what they sell, or refuse to tell and this is why when I buy LSD I get LSD and don't have to worry about getting bunk shit. If you've never gotten bunk shit then you likely also buy from legit dealers.

Any dealer that is willing to sell unknown blotters of unknown doses is NOT somebody you should put your health into their hands, that's a given. There's no justification for consuming a blotter that is 100% unknown, I mean if he at least knew the substance he is taking that would be a little better but it sounds like this dealer is shady as fuck. This is why I reccomend saving some money and potential hospital bills and ordering RC blotters online if he's willing to take anything on a blotter...

Even professionally laid blotters ie. By someone experienced in this type of stuff are dosed high when it comes to NBOMe. 1mg of 25i, b, or c is a very strong dose for someone with no tolerance. Half a blotter seems more reasonable.

You gotta keep in mind that alot of NBOMe's are scheduled so it's likely shady dealers are gonna start using NBOH, NBF, and the super obscure NBOMes like 25h, 25g, and 25n which have been ingested far less than other NBOMes so we are playing russian roullette at this point. If you know where to get real LSD then you can go forever withou getting bunk tabs but things change when your dealing wih money hungry assholes who exclusively slang RC's as LSD...

Also, when I say buy professionally laid blotters I'm talking about vendors who professionally lay blotters of RC's... not LSD.... If you want to safely consume LSD buy a fucking ehrlichs reagent, it's not expensive or at the least find a dealer that is respectable and deals only LSD. OP do you have experienced friend who have used this vendor and can tell you it is indeed LSD? If you have the blotters have you given the taste test?

About the high dosed L tab, that was merely an example that one blotter can contain ANYTHING!!! Not to scare anyone from taking L, the chances.of recieving an L blotter that high is one in a million, the chance of recieving a blotter of a random RC in this day and age is quite commonplace when dealing with shitty dealers. I'm sticking with the half blotter for your first dose of an unknown blotter, this is a harm reduction site and it's best to play it safe. Why can't he start with a half to test the waters and move onto a full if he's not where he wants to be? You can't really argue that it's better to start with a full one, jesus christ... HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE HAS!!!!

Last edited:
My initial question specifying an unknown source was poorly worded. Of course I would never blindly consume a blotter without asking questions regarding onset/duration, effect descriptions etc. I was simply referring to the fact that when buying doses, especially from a new source, it's essentially impossible to know the identity of the substance without a doubt (unless testing is involved as specified). I was not suggesting that I am in possession of unknown doses that I'm prepared to take. I was simply unsure as to what risks a single blotter could pose if not legitimate LSD, and from the information above the worst case scenarios could be quite damaging. It now seems pretty clear that when dealing with new sources using a half a blotter as an initial test is certainly a good idea before proceeding with higher doses. Thanks for the input.

It now seems pretty clear that when dealing with new sources using a half a blotter as an initial test is certainly a good idea before proceeding with higher doses. Thanks for the input.

This would be a very wise choice and the next best advice anyone can give besides getting them tested (btw my ehrlichs cost 20$, that 20$ can save you from having to ingest alot of bullshit if LSD is what your after).

Some blotters contain stuff like DOI or DOB which are both said to be unpleasant for most users, very overstimulating, causes vasoconstriction, and lasts up to 30 hours so I would rather have a half dose of that that a full dose of that. If your lucky you will get DOC which isn't too bad, but the duration is still quite longng.

Like I said NBOMe is the most popular adulterant and they're typically dosed in 1,000mcs doses which can be twice as much as a full dose for someone who is sensitive to these already extremely variable drugs.

Typically though you should seek out friends who have knowledge about LSD as these folks can lead you to respected dealers, typically the hippy type people and people who go to reggae shows and certain groups at raves. I would peraonally never buy MDMA or LSD from an unknown source and if I did I sure as hell wouldn't jump in with a whole blotter. I say buy 2-3 blotters and titrate your dose up, start with a half and this should let you know how much you will need next time.

Some people complain of respiratory/chest tightness problems with NBOMe in reasonable doses as well as cold hands, feet, and stiff muscles which is signs of vasoconstriction which in turn leads to sometimes dangerously high bloodpressure levels. Better safe than sorry ya feel me? Also, if your blotter has a print on it you can probably search it up and if your lucky someone may have sent it in for testing so you can double check, if it's WoW then your taking a gamble but FWIW the only bunk tab I was sold was a print from some HS school kid at a party and just about all WoW in my area is almost guaranteed L, not saying all prints are bunk and all WoW are legit though obviously.

Last edited:
I understand I kinda mis read your post a bit but my post is still relevant to the the dangers of consuming unknown blotters from unknown dealers. If you do buy blotters at the very least give them a taste test.

Although this isn't a 100% guaranteed method of testing, and shouldn't be used in place of real testing... I never understood how people couldn't tell if their blotters were adulterated simply by taste. LSD will have very little to a slightly mettallic taste that reminds me a bit of the taste Z-drugs give me but much milder where as phens like NBOMe and DOx taste like straight bitter ass chemicals, Exactly like licking up a small dose of a 2c. If the blotter is super bitter spit it out as chances it isn't real L.

Last edited:
Generally speaking I don't think anyone would intentionally put a lethal dose of whatever on a single blotter (dead customers are bad for business and tend to attract police attention). But then we're speaking of someone who doesn't even know what he's selling (or does but wont say) + evenly dosed blotters aren't that easy to make and with the powders being cheap and easy to get many people make their own without knowing how to do it correctly so.....

Testing is really the best way to go. If it's just 25x-nbxx you're worried about you can also swallow immediately but that won't help with DOx, bromo dragonfly (these are more rare but still).....

^ Of course not intentionally, but it's far more likely that if someone who doesn't know what they are doing can fuck up the laying process. It's all dependant on who's doing the laying. Again, death isn't the only risk either... overdose doesn't always mean death.

Well yeah, that's why I said that it's really best to test them and be sure and that laying evenly dosed blotters isn't that easy if you don't know what you're doing.

If it's bitter it's a spitter, if it tastes like nothing you either got ripped off or you have good LSD. No test kit needed...