• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Real Danger of Research Chemicals

I am well aware of the existence of 25i-NBOMe, DOx and Bromo-DragonFLY compounds being passed off as LSD and have heard stories of overdose and nasty vasoconstriction. However I am relatively unclear at what dosage levels these side effects start becoming pronounced.

If one were to buy from an unknown source and take a SINGLE blotter for initial identification purposes, is there ANY chance of these effects occurring? Or would multiple doses have to be consumed before one would have to worry about misidentification posing a problem?

well, the concept of an acid casuality wasn't really a reality back when people tested with it a lot..

I've taken up to 2 tabs of untested blotters with no negative side effects. I do not believe any of the blotters I've taken that have tasted like MDMA and Xanax to be LSD. So I would think they were all RCs of the sort. TMK there's only few drugs active in the 1-3mg range that can fit on an LSD sized blotter. But I have gotten a nasty headache from a tab once that prob was an RC that was probably severe vasoconstriction.

It's possible it could have been a refined LSA as an impurity or it itself, or maybe 1P L, I know LSA be it a cut, impurity or what have you, has caused me Great vasoconstriction causing headache and even leg pain when I walked. I am not sure if the leg thing was directly Vaso or indirect vaso causing edema but I was tripping so I did not notice if my legs were swollen. I just practically stayed off them and worked through it. It caused horrid stomach pain as well which also makes me suspect LSA. Never again.

Sometimes, taking one blotter of a research chemical would cause no ill effects, and depending on the circumstances, one could even have a euphoric and positive experience on an RC. On the other hand, one blotter of some research chemicals would put you in the hospital or even kill you. It all depends on the specific substance, the amount that is contained on the blotter, and your individual body chemistry and the emotional state that you're in when you ingest it.

As for the substances you mentioned, some people take 25-I on purpose. I took 25-I by accident once, and I had no negative side effects. I actually had a great time with it. However, it is more dangerous than classical psychedelics. If you happen to be sensitive to it or the blotter of 25-I is dosed too strongly (e.g. a hotspot), you could end up suffering seizures and winding up in the hospital. It also causes some people to suffer severe psychotic episodes, even if they were not predisposed to mental illness. A friend of a friend of mine took 25-I, and it caused him to essentially become completely delirious, as in datura-level of delirium. This episode resulted in him getting arrested for disrobing and charging down the street with a stick. Luckily, he did completely recover from his episode after a brief period in the hospital (and even tripped again on real LSD with no problems), but others have had permanent side effects from 25-I. If you aren't sensitive to it and the blotter of 25-I isn't strong, the duration is similar to classical psychs. In my experience though, most of the time when someone takes 25-I thinking its acid, if it is just one hit, nothing disastrous happens. It can be extremely dangerous as I was saying, but it seems that the majority of people don't suffer these effects. Of course, if you happened to be one of the less lucky ones, this would be a moot point. 25-I is probably one of the most common RCs that are sold as acid, if not the most common one.

DOx drugs are potentially dangerous due to vasoconstriction. It can be simply uncomfortable but otherwise a positive experience for some people, but the vasoconstriction has also been known to cause very dangerous effects, including damage to tissues as a result of vasoconstriction. Sometimes, it can land a person in the hospital or even cause damage to appendages. Also, it lasts a very long time, sometimes as long as 30 hours. And it can take hours to peak, which sometimes results in people taking too much and suffering serious medical emergencies. Luckily, DOx isn't usually that common, but I have known people who got DOx that was sold as acid. DOx drugs are very different than acid, and it has much more of a stimulant quality as they are substituted amphetamines rather than being classical psychedelics at all. They can cause visuals and all I hear, but they are essentially stimulants with psychedelic qualities.

Bromo Dragon Fly is luckily very, very rare. However, this has to be one of the craziest drugs I've ever heard of, if not the craziest one out there. Never saw it myself, and I don't personally know anyone who has had an experience with it. It can be sold as acid, but it is extremely uncommon. The effects are similar to other phenyltamines and is fully a classical psychedelic (e.g. not amphetamine-like at all), but it lasts an agonizingly long time. People trip for up to 72 hours on this stuff. Not an afterglow sort of thing either, people actually experience a peak effect that lasts as long as 72 hours, and it is intense as fuck. The visuals are often even more intense than ones on acid. I watched a YouTube trip report about the stuff once, it was crazy. The woman who took it said that it lasted like 48 hours and she kept hallucinating the sun rising and setting over and over during the trip, you know you're tripping but the hallucinations are highly realistic and much more all-encompassing than most acid or mushroom visuals. Also, the comedown is likely quite rough as during this entire time, you obviously don't sleep at all and are very sleep deprived. If someone took Bromo Dragon Fly knowing what it was and expected a 48 hour plus trip, they could enjoy theoretically enjoy the experience of tripping balls for three days if that was the experience they were going for as the substance doesn't have any particular tendency to cause anxiety or paranoia any more than other psychedelics as far as I know. However, if it's sold as a psychedelic that lasts 8-12 hours....... and then the stuff ends up lasting for 72, it has a way of seriously freaking people out as most people don't plan on tripping for 72 hours. Also, the extremely long duration could get in the way of work and other obligations if one is not aware of what they are taking and thus is unaware that their trip is going to last for two or three days rather than 12 hours.

Also, people have ended up in the hospital from the stuff due to physical side effects. However, since it is so rare, very little is known about this. Apparently, Bromo Dragon Fly has even resulted in a few deaths. However, it's not known how common this is and the full extent of the health risks since so little is known about it due to its extreme rarity. So, all in all, Bromo Dragon Fly is probably one of the worst RCs out there given that it has the potential risk of death (even if it's actually a relatively remote risk, though no one really knows whether it's a large chance or small chance as so little is known about it) along with the fact that it lasts for up to three days.

Then again, there are some RCs that are relatively safe and not really more dangerous than acid. For instance, 1-P LSD is pretty common. That stuff is basically the same trip that you'd get from acid, perhaps even identical. Essentially, 1-P LSD is acid, just a slightly different variation. Likely wouldn't taste bitter either as far as I know, as it is essentially just a different form of LSD.

I disagree with your statement about the DOx class. They are very psychedelic, I'd say only slightly more stimulating than LSD. At reasonable dosages they should only last 16-18 hours with residual stumulation for some hours after (which i also get with lysergamides) and even less for some. It's big doses that cause those long trips, and even bigger doses that cause damaging vasoconstriction, as in 20-30 times the recommended dose. They may be built off of amphetamine but they don't behave like amphetamines, they play with serotonin receptors, not dopamine. Essentially 2Cs with an alpha phenethylamine instead of plain phenethylamine.

I'm so very happy that grew up in the olden days before smartphones and infinite amounts of thousands RC drugs.

I remember having a very bad acid trip and telling my parents that I was dying, being they were hippies they assured me over and over that you can't die from LSD, that saved me from a full on breakdown.

Then in the early 2001-2 I got a sugarcube of what was sold as LSD and it lasted for days, and left me with residual visuals for good 6+ months.

After coming back to reality I thought I'd been sold DOM/STP but it was more likely the first wave of what would become a tidal of RC analogues.

If I had grown up as a teen in the past 17 years I would surely be dead or locked up in a psychward for life, there's just too many RC's and so many are not even enjoyable and a good many are very lethal.

I'm so very happy that grew up in the olden days before smartphones and infinite amounts of thousands RC drugs.

I remember having a very bad acid trip and telling my parents that I was dying, being they were hippies they assured me over and over that you can't die from LSD, that saved me from a full on breakdown.

Then in the early 2001-2 I got a sugarcube of what was sold as LSD and it lasted for days, and left me with residual visuals for good 6+ months.

After coming back to reality I thought I'd been sold DOM/STP but it was more likely the first wave of what would become a tidal of RC analogues.

If I had grown up as a teen in the past 17 years I would surely be dead or locked up in a psychward for life, there's just too many RC's and so many are not even enjoyable and a good many are very lethal.

DOM has been found on blotters iirc, so it could well have been DOM - or given the time you ingested the chemical, perhaps a DOM analogue. I've certainly seen DOM available as an 'RC'.

See, I'm kind of the opposite about RC's particularly the psychedelic ones; I'm intrigued and excited by the many varied potential medicinal applications for these substances.

As it has been mentioned already, the major risks come from how easy it is for people with no knowledge to get pure RC powders for extremely cheap prices, especially compared to how much can the blotters be sold for if passed off as LSD. The high profit attracts people that would be otherwise uninterested in making blotters and selling them, and ofcourse some of this people will be best described as unscrupulous.

One of the dangers that comes from the NBOME class is that as they are not orally bioavailable, the sublingual ROA will have only partial absorption, meaning that you get far less than what is laid on the blotter. As I have laid my own NBOME snuff multiple times, I know that the effects people report from taking 1 or 2 blotters dosed at 1000 or 1200ug are WAY too mild, my guess would be that for most people bioavailability is likely 30-50%.

500ug snorted will be a very strong trip for most an give several hours at +++

Ofcourse there will be exceptions, and if for whatever reason some guy absorbs a good deal of the substance, his trip won't be what he expected.

It is my opinion that most fatalities have come from hotspots in the blotters or powder, I mean I heard of people that just mixed the NBOME with the cutting agent in a container by shacking/stirring and that was it... Without giving details as how to properly do it, that is NOT a safe method AT ALL.

I think that we are putting way to much emphasis on how some RCs are dangerous when the real dangers come from the people that make it and sell it.

My guinea pig days of receiving strange compounds in the mail by an unknown sender are long gone.

Not bashing RC's but like what was I thinking?

Is the internet really that reliable?

Apparently it is...

You re always taking a risk I suppose, but if you do enough research and read source reviews before purchasing I think it's just as safe as buying drugs on the street. Nothing is foolproof and you can only be so safe when taking drugs.

The only country I refuse to order from anymore is China, because they are notorious now for sending people the wrong chemicals or having harmful additives in their product.