• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may go a little longer without too bad of withdrawals... For me day 3 is when it really starts with bupe. The luxury with bupe is that it leaves the body so gradually compared to most other opiates/opioids, that it tapers itself off a little bit in a way.

That said, the older I get and the more CT detoxes I've been through (due to lack of funds or availability when I was sourcing on the streets), the harder they got, for me. A detox like that, medically unassisted, would be tortuous for me at this point. When I was younger and detoxing off like 60 mg oxycodone, it was still awful. Anyone physically dependent on opiates will have a hard time. I never discount your experience, Evey, because I couldn't stop at that low level. If I had gone on Suboxone then, I probably would be clean by now. But people told me not to, that it would be more addictive than the low amounts I was using, and I listened for years. In 3-4 years I went from using 5-10 mg hydrocodone or oxycodone a day, orally, to sniffing upwards of 400 mg oxycodone or multiple bundles of h. THEN, by the time I did get on suboxone, it didn't even really hold me at first because the amounts I was using were so high. I mean, I had to do a minimum of 2 bundles to get high - that's if the shit was fire - I could only afford to dose once a day, and after that wore off, I was sick til I had another few hundred dollars to drop. Oxy, when I was forced to use it, just got me well with maybe a 2 min buzz. When I looked up an equivalency chart for bupe, the amount I was using in full agonists was equivalent to like 48 mg of bupe a day. But I gave it a try anyways and I'm glad I did because I did start at 20 mg/day, but it held me decently. I didn't feel great at first, but I got through it and have been able to drop tremendously in just 4 months or so. I usually use no more than 6 mg now.

If I were Owen, I'd do a week long taper - but I do understand the feeling of just wanting to be DONE WITH IT - I've been there before too. There were a few times I CT'ed from high doses, too, just because I was SICK OF IT.

Last edited:
Also - is anyone out there on Zubsolv? More importantly, is anyone out there on Zubsolv who has chronic pain? I am trying to get info for a friend. Her insurance will stop covering suboxone as of June 1 and she will have to switch to Zubsolv.

I can't seem to find the latest version of the pain management mega, could anyone provide this link?

He may go a little longer without too bad of withdrawals... For me day 3 is when it really starts with bupe. The luxury with bupe is that it leaves the body so gradually compared to most other opiates/opioids, that it tapers itself off a little bit in a way.

That said, the older I get and the more CT detoxes I've been through (due to lack of funds or availability when I was sourcing on the streets), the harder they got, for me. A detox like that, medically unassisted, would be tortuous for me at this point. When I was younger and detoxing off like 60 mg oxycodone, it was still awful. Anyone physically dependent on opiates will have a hard time. I never discount your experience, Evey, because I couldn't stop at that low level. If I had gone on Suboxone then, I probably would be clean by now. But people told me not to, that it would be more addictive than the low amounts I was using, and I listened for years. In 3-4 years I went from using 5-10 mg hydrocodone or oxycodone a day, orally, to sniffing upwards of 400 mg oxycodone or multiple bundles of h. THEN, by the time I did get on suboxone, it didn't even really hold me at first because the amounts I was using were so high. I mean, I had to do a minimum of 2 bundles to get high - that's if the shit was fire - I could only afford to dose once a day, and after that wore off, I was sick til I had another few hundred dollars to drop. Oxy, when I was forced to use it, just got me well with maybe a 2 min buzz. When I looked up an equivalency chart for bupe, the amount I was using in full agonists was equivalent to like 48 mg of bupe a day. But I gave it a try anyways and I'm glad I did because I did start at 20 mg/day, but it held me decently. I didn't feel great at first, but I got through it and have been able to drop tremendously in just 4 months or so. I usually use no more than 6 mg now.

If I were Owen, I'd do a week long taper - but I do understand the feeling of just wanting to be DONE WITH IT - I've been there before too. There were a few times I CT'ed from high doses, too, just because I was SICK OF IT.

Oh yes, of course I understand Owen wanting to be done. I get that. I was just concerned that sometimes it's best to do a quick taper but as I've said, end of the day it's Owen's decision and all anyone can really do is respect that and just be here to support him, I know that. But I would not have felt right if I had not have said something, with it being harm reduction site, risk of going back into addiction and so forth. I ended up having a similar argument with someone who reacted bluntly with me and ended up fully relapsing for months back into Heroin addiction. With this being a HR site I can't just sit back and say nothing as a member of the site it wouldn't be site. So now I've said something I will leave it be and respect Owen's decision and wish him all the best with it.

Evey

OK so I was on methadone for 3 years and they decide to kick me off the clinic its been a little over three weeks now. I have been using a lot heroin for the last 3 weeks and wanted to switch to suboxone. So I made a doctor appointment and went 14 hours without using anything then I took a 8 mg suboxone . I went into precipitated withdrawal worst shit ever. So to try an take the PW away I did 2 bundles of dope throughout the day it wasn't much help. I pretty much felt shitty all that day couldn't sleep a night normal withdrawal symptoms. So 15 hours later without doing any dope it was the next morning. I thought I had to be sick enough now to try the sub's again. So I dosed a 4 mg this time it did the same thing precipitated withdrawal again! So ended up using prolly 2 more bundles two stop the precipitated withdrawal. This morning didn't take any suboxone and just been using dope.. I'm fucking scared to try the sub's again... Can anyone give me any advice on how to take sub's an not go into PW. I tried to call my doctor they were not much help just told me to take an aspirin.

Meh, I've done worse totally unmedicated in the past and I have enough meds to start my own pharmacy to get me through it. I'm under no illusions, it's going to be rough, but it's preferable to doing a taper for me at this point in time. Watch this space!

Oh ya sounds like your prepared right on.

Hey guys I don't think Owen considers dropping off 24mg bupe even a little bit of a thang.
it's nothing to him he ain't scared why should we be.

OK so I was on methadone for 3 years an they decide to kick me off the clinic its been a little over three weeks now. I have been using a lot heroin for the last 3 weeks and wanted to switch to suboxone. So I made a doctor appointment and went 14 hours without using anything then I took a 8 mg suboxone . I went into precipitated withdrawal worst shit ever. So to try an take the PW away I did 2 bundles of dope throughout the day it wasn't much help. I pretty much felt shitty all that day couldn't sleep a night normal withdrawal symptoms. So 15 hours later without doing any dope it was the next morning. I thought I had to be sick enough now to try the sub's again. So I dosed a 4 mg this time it did the same thing precipitated withdrawal again! So ended up using prolly 2 more bundles two stop the precipitated withdrawal. This morning didn't take any suboxone and just been using dope.. I'm fucking scared to try the sub's again... Can anyone give me any advice on how to take sub's an not go into PW. I tried to call my doctor they were not much help just told me to take an aspirin.

They told you to take asprin?? Wow that's nice of them what school did you have to go to, to learn that great piece of knowledge.
Wonder how many government grants it took for them to come up with the money to research precipitated withdrawal and come to the conclusion an addict should take asprin in that situation. Fucking idiots.why did they kick you off the program I guess you screwed up somehow where I live you have the choice to stay on it forever its all up to you and they won't get encourage you to get off until you say you want to. The only time you would be kicked out are repeated dirty urines or missing appointments a the time/pharmacy calling clinic and saying you are not following rules or sum thing like that.

Now did you have methadone in your system when you took sub? When was the last time you took methadone? i know you said you got kicked off a few weeks prior but lots of people have so much methadone stocked up at home from carries that even after the program ends they could keep using Meth for months afterwards. If you had been off it for weeks or sum thing you shouldn't have gone into withdrawals because heroin is so short acting I always took sub 4hours after doing a shot of heroin and I've always been fine never had precipitated withdrawal in my life.

Last edited:
Also - is anyone out there on Zubsolv? More importantly, is anyone out there on Zubsolv who has chronic pain? I am trying to get info for a friend. Her insurance will stop covering suboxone as of June 1 and she will have to switch to Zubsolv.

I can't seem to find the latest version of the pain management mega, could anyone provide this link?

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...onic-and-Acute-Pain-Discussion)-Version-5-0-V

There you go:)
I've never taken zubslov before but haven't heard one good thing I'm afraid from the few people on here talking about it. I do know a lot say it doesn't last as long which may work to your atvantage if your a pain patient since eyou will be dosing every 4-6 hours anyways. But sorry I haven't tried it myself.

No methadone came up in my urine at the doctor

They kicked me off for dirty heroin urines... The reason why I was using because they were doing a financial detox 5 mg a day. Then I managed to pay my debt and at this clinic they only boost you up 5 mg a week... I still felt like shit so I was still doing dope. Prior to to this clinic I was on methadone for 10 years got kicked out of that program used heroin for for a few months and got on that clinic... I think the reason Im having such a hard time making the switch is because I've been on the methadone for so long... Everybody else I talk to they say the same thing they never have a hard time makeing the switch

OK so I was on methadone for 3 years and they decide to kick me off the clinic its been a little over three weeks now. I have been using a lot heroin for the last 3 weeks and wanted to switch to suboxone. So I made a doctor appointment and went 14 hours without using anything then I took a 8 mg suboxone . I went into precipitated withdrawal worst shit ever. So to try an take the PW away I did 2 bundles of dope throughout the day it wasn't much help. I pretty much felt shitty all that day couldn't sleep a night normal withdrawal symptoms. So 15 hours later without doing any dope it was the next morning. I thought I had to be sick enough now to try the sub's again. So I dosed a 4 mg this time it did the same thing precipitated withdrawal again! So ended up using prolly 2 more bundles two stop the precipitated withdrawal. This morning didn't take any suboxone and just been using dope.. I'm fucking scared to try the sub's again... Can anyone give me any advice on how to take sub's an not go into PW. I tried to call my doctor they were not much help just told me to take an aspirin.

Inducting on suboxone is a bit different to inducting on methadone in that you have to wait until you are in moderate to severe withdrawal - or as you've experience you get shot straight into propitiated withdrawal. Generally most people suggest to wait 24-36 hours after your last dose of opiates before inducting on suboxone - and then slowly taken your doses throughout the day. For instance, when I inducted I didn't take 8 mg in one go I got 2 mg and re-dosed every several hours until I had taken the whole 8 mg. That way if there are still opiates in your system there isn't as much buprenorphine to shoot it off the receptors.

If you Google the cows scale, it will explain the amount of withdrawal experienced at each stage - and may act as a useful guide for you as to when it's best to induct on suboxone.

PLEASE, please, please try not to feel afraid of taking suboxone again. You just made a few mistake and have to learn from them so it doesn't happen again, that's all. We all make mistakes.

You can do this and all will be ok. Please just on talking to us here and we will help and support you. As I keep saying to others, the people here know their stuff and have really helped people. I'm very glad I started participating in this thread myself, because people here have really helped me with their advice and honesty, although I was not always appreciative at the time.

Wishing you all the best,
Evey

Ye i know I think switching from methadone to Suboxone is retarded to do when people do it willingly because they hear suboxone is some wonder drug. Your still on an opiate people why keep switching them around.
After being on methadone for years your gonna have a hard time on suboxone being a partial agonist versus a full agonist. Your gonna have to wait probably 24-48 hours before taking any Suboxone if that doesn't work then I don't see you stabilised on suboxone anytime soon I'm afraid. Some people wait 72+ hours and don't escape precipitated withdrawal

Last edited:
Ye ai know I think switching from methadone to Suboxone is retarded to do when people do it willingly because they hear suboxone is some wonder drug. Your still on an opiate people why keep switching them around.
After being on methadone for years your gonna have a hard time on suboxone being a partial agonist versus a full agonist. Your gonna have to wait probably 24-48 hours before taking any Suboxone if that doesn't work then I don't see you stabilised on suboxone anytime soon I'm afraid

Ahhh yes. Thanks for correcting me there, Trainspotter, I was thinking of short-acting opiates and as I, myself have never been on methadone - and but know that it has a half live similar to suboxone. TS is right, it is best to wait longer if you were presently on methadone due to this, that may be why you're experiencing PW.

Evey

Ahhh yes. Thanks for correcting me there, Trainspotter, I was thinking of short-acting opiates and as I, myself have never been on methadone - and but know that it has a half live similar to suboxone. TS is right, it is best to wait longer if you were presently on methadone due to this, that may be why you're experiencing PW.

Evey
Yea if he took methadone right up to when he got on sub then no less than 72 hours will do but since he's been on methadone for decades its still gonna be hard after 2 -3 weeks without Meth and only heroin because your body is used to taking methaonde

Zubsolv question wasn't for me - was for a friend. However, she also doses for pain as well as addiction. So she doses 3x a day usually.

Has anyone gotten NAUSEOUS when dropping bupe dose? I have no other withdrawal symptoms (at the moment). And it's a weird kind of nausea. Like if anyone has taken tramadol and gotten nauseous from that... Hard to explain, maybe someone will know what I mean. This is my newest hurdle to getting below 6 mg. Back up we go for today :/ try again tomorrow :(

I know with my tolerance I didn't feel quite right when first getting on bupe, it took a few days. I would wait as long as you can. For me 18 hours has been the closest I can cut it without PWs. The more you use, the longer it takes. Also definitely don't take anymore Methadone or you'll need at least 72 like Trainspotter said... You may not feel perfect at first but just give it a few days, try not to use on top, and you should be good to go. It's worth it in the end.

Yea if he took methadone right up to when he got on sub then no less than 72 hours will do but since he's been on methadone for decades its still gonna be hard after 2 -3 weeks without Meth and only heroin because your body is used to taking methaonde

Good point - and one worth highlighting!
God job you're on this site, Trainspotter :)

How are you doing with suboxone at mo?

Evey

FullyCaffeinated,

You are no longer showing Greenlighter. You are now a Bluelighter You have 56 posts. However, as a Greenlighter you would still have been able to PM CH. It's just that you can't PM as often and that your inbox, I assume allows for less amount of E-mails? I think that when you are a Bluelighter you are allowed 100 E-mails. Anyway I'm going off subject so I'd better get back on it or the mods would smack me with their stick which I presume hurts lol.

Hope you find out what you're looking for low dose bupe.

Evey

Thanks for the advice its better than what that quack doctor told me. I just did my last shot of dope so I'm going wait 24 hrs to try the suboxon again. I really hope I don't go into precipitated withdrawal. I'll let y'all know what happens thanks again

Thanks for the advice its better than what that quack doctor told me. I just did my last shot of dope so I'm going wait 24 hrs to try the suboxon again. I really hope I don't go into precipitated withdrawal. I'll let y'all know what happens thanks again

If you don't feel bad enough after 24 hours then keep waiting mabye try 36 hours and start with 1mg then work your way up to 2 or 4 mgs whatever holds the withdrawals. The lower doses don't give precipitated withdrawals like large ones do.

Status
Not open for further replies.