• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Money owed after getting clean

I'd like to put this on the reverse side. How HE betrayed her trust and gave ripped her off big.

SHE TRUSTED HIM to get her what she payed for and yet, even after years of friendship - he tried to cheat her. Is that fair? Tell me guys, why should she have to pay him the big bucks for shit dope? How could this guy, especially after being her friend for years, rip her off and still expect to get paid?!

As far as I'm concerned - they're totally even. He made the choice not get paid, not her.

Think about it, you go into Walmart, look at a huge HD TV, tell them you want it, schedule to have it delivered and leave. But when they show up - instead, they have one of those huge ass CRT screens that's nowhere as big (in screen size) as the HD one you were expecting. Think about it! Would you pay them?

I agree, they're even. He fucked her over so she fucked him over. I did the same to one of my friends. He sold sold me fake shit so I ran off with his weed:)

In my opinion, I'd clap that motherfucker if I ever saw him again. But that's just my opinion...

How did I miss this gem lol... This thread delivers. More like you'd run the opposite direction.

Last edited:
@ Nutty lol. Really if the guy's in prison, how's he plan on getting his money and are we talking a few hundred bucks? He wasn't a dealer right, more less a user just like you Delta getting dope for you two? If you want to help him out the way he helped you out in your desperate time of need, put some money towards commissary for him. Balance the karmic scales.

People get out of prison lol. I don't care if it's drug money, you owe someone money you pay them back.

Think about it, you go into Walmart, look at a huge HD TV, tell them you want it, schedule to have it delivered and leave. But when they show up - instead, they have one of those huge ass CRT screens that's nowhere as big (in screen size) as the HD one you were expecting. Think about it! Would you pay them?

But, if you were simply the delivery guy and you got ripped out of $200 because the person wanted a TV and didn't pay for the TV because it was ruined and Walmart doesn't do refunds... that's more what this situation is like (in my opinion anyway)

Um sounds like you owe him money bud. You ... at the time needed a product which he supplied for you. This product was not free, and you accepted it. If you guys agreed beforehand that he was just gonna hook you up since you were broke that's another story. If you didn't like the dope, then you shouldn't have kept accepting it. You owe him, doesn't matter that you are clean now. At the time you needed it, have a fun time dealing with him once he's out of prison unless of course he is a pussy.

^ I couldn't have put it better. You should make an effort to pay something back to him. He could have left you home puking your guts out sick. But he brought you stuff and didn't have to. He was your friend then, but now a dick looking for cash. Your judgment is skewed how you see the situation so differently now that you stopped using. Your debt hasn't disappeared.

pay. negotiate, just like any other creditor, pay, and be done, on good terms, with clear concience. one less thing to tale up space in your head.

Simple. If it was bunk tell him to suck a dick. If it wasn't bunk pay him.

It's great that you are clean but, as I see it you still owe him money. Let's pretend it wasn't drugs but food and the deal was to repay then you owe. If you were shorted then I'd only pay him back for what was received.

In the 12-step world...
You'd pay him back, keep your side of the street clean.
And when he's doing HIS amends, he'd pay you back for ripping you off.

For sake of ease, as both of you can see you're equally at fault, maybe you split the debt.

Try not to worry about what woulda-coulda-shoulda happened. Stuff like this makes people relapse. Pay the debt. Clear your concience. Karma is back in your favor.

Unless it was complete bunk, pay him a fair price and be done with it.

Imo, pay him back. If he fronted you, and you did get well off the batch, even if he did fuck with it, you owe him. I mean say you owe him a bill, pay him 60 and be done with it. If the shoe was on the other foot, you would want something in return, right? Something is better than nothing. Especially if you're still using.. I've done my fair share of fronts and nothing is more annoying than a person bullshitting.

OP you owe this guy money period. He supplied you with a product for an agreed upon price, a product which no doubt cost him money to obtain, you accepted and used the product, to my mind only a self absorbed dickhead could honestly believe they owe nothing for this. You seem to suggest the product was of a poor quality or did not weigh up as it should, if this was the case then you should let people know and give it back. You make some excuse that you thought he would be like "This ain't Walmart" or some shit, but we all know thats bullshit, a dealer might be able to pull that shit once you have handed over the cash, but if it is a front then you can just hand that shit right back and say you ain't paying, there is not much they can do at that point unless they want to knock you out and take the cash you have on you.

MAYBE if the product weighed literally half what it was supposed to and there was no way for you to be able to return it reasonably then you don't owe them the full amount they are requesting, you still clearly have to pay for what you got. I just don't see how in your mind this guy should pay for your drug habit.

What is it with former addicts thinking once they get clean they don't owe anybody shit? It is like, in your mind, the only reason to ever pay anybody for dope is that you will likely want to get dope off them again in future, which wont happen if you don't pay, once you don't need this persons dope connection any more fuck them and whatever trouble and expense they went to to get you well. Honestly to me that is some thieving junkie mentality bullshit and if you truly want to put drugs, "the game", your addiction and whatever else behind you then you need to man the fuck up and own the financial responsibility of your own fucking addiction. You can say what you want about this other guy, but your the one who is making lame ass excuses not to pay for drugs that nobody forced you to use.

At the very most, all you should do is give this guy half. I think you should give him a cap in his ass, but whatever.

I guess I'm the minority viewer in that answer.

just have him make 5 or 10 dollar payments a month until it's payed off. this is the best way to get back in good standing.

If this guy was really a heroin addict I can almost guarantee that what he gave you for "free up front" was cut garbage in which he made out like a bandit. If your friendship is burnt...... fuck him. You don't owe him shit. All you people and your drug etiquette really don't understand the world of heroin addiction or the scumbags "friends" that feed off each others pain and addictions. If this guy is a true friend who did you right O.P. and you value their friendship than pay them back. Otherwise charge it to the proverbial game. You have to look deep within your heart and examine whether this "friend" did or tried to do you a solid. If you feel they were straight up with you and tried to come through I would pay them back because not many people in this world would do that. If not let them hustle the next sucker.

Last edited:
You owe that person money, plain and simple. If anyone tried to play that shit with me they better expect a baseball bat to the kneecaps. You didn't like the product? Too bad you chose to ingest it. Tbh If he doesn't go after you he's a bitch... Even if it was shit quality he fronted you, at the least you should pay him some amount of money, that's just my 2¢…

Did the guy purposely sell you complete garbage without the possibility of a refund or was it just not up to your standards of quality? Did he repeatedly rip you off? This would greatly influence the decision along with any other extenuating circumstances of this relationship that only you would know. In the end you have to live with not paying him. If you feel guilty than most likely you should pay him because you know you are wrong.