General Heroin #19 v. Posting Between the Nods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toma wrote: If I don't [pay bills] my dad will know something's up
@Toma: are you telling us your dad (assuming you live at home and he sees you regularly) doesn't already have a clue that "something's up?" If he's currently clueless, if you start shooting regularly it won't be long before it will be obvious to him, especially with warm weather approaching. When I was using IV regularly, I was the only guy in the office that wore long sleeve shirts on 90+ degree summer days. Then after a while all of those shirts slowly developed small blood stains on the sleeves due to my carelessness. All the while I didn't think anyone other than my girl had a clue as to what was going on with me. Boy was I wrong.

Sometimes I think people only see what they want to see. For many parents they don't want to see their child as a drug user. If they grew up doing well in school or sports that sort of cliché, it can be hard for parents to imagine that their child would be the type to use because "they were an honor student and a varsity athlete". A lot of people just think of basic negative drug stereotypes and don't have much real experience.

On some level his father may know or might know something is up, but maybe he just can't handle that idea or finds it easier to avoid it/be oblivious.

Old man tony the year I was able to write off my done was a shitty year in the welderman household and I used it as a poor excuse to relapse.

Sometimes I think people only see what they want to see. For many parents they don't want to see their child as a drug user. If they grew up doing well in school or sports that sort of cliché, it can be hard for parents to imagine that their child would be the type to use because "they were an honor student and a varsity athlete". A lot of people just think of basic negative drug stereotypes and don't have much real experience.

On some level his father may know or might know something is up, but maybe he just can't handle that idea or finds it easier to avoid it/be oblivious.
My family found out I used drugs last year but they think I am currently clean right now. I was on the honor role and i did play high school sports. He found an empty bag on the ground and asked me what it was and I told him I was cleaning out my closet and found some empties at the bottom of it. You might be right that he doesn't want to accept the truth but at the same time he's a pretty oblivious person.

^ They will find out eventually if you are not careful. How did they take it last year when they found out. My parents would have not found out had I not overdosed at their house. I was 30 at this point so they really didn't say much. Unfortunately after I went to rehab I keep relapsing but they think I'm clean. I hate living a double life but that is how us junkies live most of the time.

^^ Or a farmer or somethin? Hah.

We live on a small hobby farm. My girl is a dairy goat breeder. We have about a dozen goats in the barn along with a horse and a bunch of chickens. She milks the goats everyday (when they aren't pregnant). She makes all types of cheese, yoghurt, pudding, butter, fudge, and my favorite ... ice cream. High fat content of the goat's milk makes for the best ice cream.

I'd post some pics but can't figure out how without linking to a photo hosting site. I even went to FAQs but came up empty.

@welderman: sorry about that shitty year ya had ... here's hoping that it will be the last year your household medical expenses will exceed 10% of AGI ... hah.

I hate living a double life but that is how us junkies live most of the time.

Yeah man it gets really exhausting.

My family found out I started doing H when I OD'ed at their house as well. I was like 15 or something. My sister found me passed out and then they called 911.

Needless to say that conversation wasn't so great... hah.

^^ Holy fuck it makes me so sad to think about being caught by my fam doing drugs... 1st time was years ago when live w/ my pops in NJ he was probably in denial for a long time bc I was acting fuuuucked up all the time but he finally confronted me after I crashed my car (again) bc I fell asleep driving after being up for like 3 days straight on a bender w/ my crazy ass girlfriend at the time. After doin that I drove my car to a body shop where I knew a guy, the car barely made it. Then I somehow talked the body shop guy into letting me borrow his pickup which I used to quickly drive to Newark and cop some bags of D and $5 vials of crack. Oh and at the time I worked for my family's biz and was late for work and nobody knew where the fuck I was, of course I hadn't been answering my cell. All this before 10 AM so that day my dad pretty much put 2 and 2 together and confronted me and I tried to lie but he knew better. Kind of funny and heartbreaking for me all at once. I was truly crazy then and I hadn't even shot up yet at that point. I was doing tons of coke on top of being a dope addict and it's the coke the always seems to make opiate addicts really fall apart fast in many cases. Madness!

Last edited:
I know I'm doing a lot better on methadone when the nurse comments how healthy I look now.

Tony as soon as I file and get divorced my life will get a lot better. One of the reasons I was using so much was to get away from her. That didn't work out as well as I had planned so I quit dope and moved out.

^ They will find out eventually if you are not careful. How did they take it last year when they found out. My parents would have not found out had I not overdosed at their house. I was 30 at this point so they really didn't say much. Unfortunately after I went to rehab I keep relapsing but they think I'm clean. I hate living a double life but that is how us junkies live most of the time.

They found out before because I overdosed, they found out I relapsed the next time because I overdosed. Had I not overdosed I doubt I woulda been found out

Yeah dude the double life is rough, I can be one person around certain friends and people and other people I have to act completely normal

^^^

Yeah it's very effective for pain.

Nice, these 3 bulging discs I got in my neck from the car accident are raping me. Methadone would be good then cus it lasts so long. I'm seriously thinking about switching now, before i was just kinda saying it but didn't mean it now I actually wanna get on te done because that would be a huge help

Before you can get on methadone? How would they know?

It's a very big life decision. Methadone can be very helpful, but it's also extremely difficult to get off of.

Before you can get on methadone? How would they know?

It's a very big life decision. Methadone can be very helpful, but it's also extremely difficult to get off of.
I don't have a choice do you realize how painful 3 bulging discs are in your neck? I still have a lot of pain even when I'm fucked up I can't imagine going to work or going thro every day without something to help

I didn't say anything regarding pain nor did I imply that it wouldn't be helpful. In fact I said it could be very helpful. There were 4 sentences.

Have you consulted a doctor at all?

Hey y'all, I have a question that's had some speculation on other threads in the past but no real answers.

What's the deal with black tar heroin in your opinion? We know Mexican cartels can and do produce powdered heroin. They have the chemical means of producing high quality crystal meth, so why don't they divert all opium to powder production? Powder is easier to hide and its lighter than tar. Is it just the custom? Or is it more economic to produce black tar? Do some cartels produce tar and some powder?

I'm just curious about this since it doesn't really make sense at first glance. Probably no one has the answer but speculation is all I'm looking for.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.