• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

My girlfriend relasped heroin overdose

krazed1988

Greenlighter
Hi Ive been on bluelight for years under different usernames never posted a whole lot. I'm just wondering if someone out there has maybe had a similar experience to me.

My girlfriend and I have been clean about a year and a half. We used to use meth daily and she would also do heroin. I was never much for heroin but I did do it occasionally. We were doing really good, both got working, got a nice place in a nice neighborhood, doing the whole aa thing.

Just the other day I got a phone call from the police while I was at work (I have a camp job 14hrs away from where we live) letting me know that she had overdosed on heroin. Someone in our building called 911 when they heard strange noises coming from our apartment. When they found her her heart wasn't beating but they managed to get it started again. She still has not regained consciousness yet after 3 days the doctors say she has significant brain damage but they are not sure how much.

Has anyone one had a similar experience? Did you or your loved one wake up? How long did it take?

I just feel so sad and helpless any feedback would be greatly appreciated
thank you
Jay

my very best friend shot himself in 1999.

i still haven't recovered and have nightmares.

another friend OD'd on heroin and died in 2006.

you can call me your "friend" even though we don't know each other.

you can PM me at any time for support.

That's awful news, sorry this happened Jay. I havn't known personally any coma type situations so I'm not much help there. Do you have an idea how long she had gone without oxygen? I assume she's on a vent right. I hope she comes out of this alright, again so sorry.

Thank you thedawn I appreciate it.

I don't know exactly how long she went without oxygen they found her with a needle in her arm so so however long it took after she injected for a neighbor to hear to call 911 and the ambulanceto get there. I don't know how long after IV'ing a person stops breathing . I know she was on a vent Im not sure if she still is. I'm flying back into town in a couple of days so I'll get to see her and talk to the doctors. This is just so out of the blue I'm still kind of shocked

Jay, I'm sorry, that is truly awful news.

My brother actually just relapsed two weeks ago after a year and half clean. Unfortunately he passed away before anyone found him.

He had suffered memory loss from an overdose years before, but over time his memory had improved. He had been found passed out in the bathroom by his girlfriend at the time, nobody knows quite how long he was out, probably a couple hours. He was in a daze for the next few days, before slowly starting to recover over the next few months. I know 3 days of being unconscious isn't a good sign, but I'm sure the doctors are doing everything they can. Brain injuries can be very tricky to measure, as far as to the extent of the damage.

I read Bluelight very rarely, and post even less often, but if you need someone to talk to I'm here. We can PM or even talk by phone if you need to. Best of luck man, stay safe out there.

Im so sorry to here this<3<3<3.. If she is able to come out.. and may have some trouble at first.. please take a look at this. The brain is the most amazing thing on the planet.

This is mind blowing.. just have to facilitate it if necessary The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science.

Really once and still thought to be the most non healing organ there is.. bullshit it is the most placid thing we have. It regroups in reforms like nothing else.. it just needs to be promoted.

Last edited:
Tell the doctors to give her naloxone if they haven't already.
I hope she's okay now.

Hi Jay..... I am so sorry you have to feel this kind of pain. Years ago my girlfriend overdosed next to me in bed. She was in a coma for 2 days before she awoke. The doctors also said she might have brain damage but she suffered no negative mental defects. Unfortunately she relapsed days later and died next to me in bed.

I had another friend overdose on oxycontin and Xanax and he was in a coma for 30days before his family took him off life support.

I sincerely hope that you don't have to go through what I did years ago.

i would suggest you especially pay attention
to what neversickanymore has to say.

watch that video even u can't concentrate.

not to diss any other poster.i respect u all.

piracetam and fish oil are proven to help with neuron growth

I've shot up my girlfriend and she relapsed not once, but TWICE. As if once wasn't enough I did it again when she wasn't a regular user, and I damn near killed her both times. Thank god I had narcan, as both times it took two shots to wake her up. I also gave rescue breathing both times because I couldn't tell if she was breathing or not, if she was breathing it was so slowly I couldn't detect it. Scariest god damn experience(s) of my life.

I don't know, not totally relevant to your post OP reading about your situation just made me think about this.
I'm really sorry to hear that she has suffered brain damage. Do they know how bad it is yet or what sort of effects it will have on her? How are you doing, how are you dealing with this? Try to remain positive and don't give up hope. <3

Last edited:
Jay,
I'm going to say what everyone else here has also said; I'm so sorry.

This is a heartbreaking story, but please do not give up hope - as neversick has attested, the brain is an incredible organ.

And again - if you need someone to talk to - any hour of the day or night - I live on the other side of the planet, so if it feels like there is no one around to reach out to - please don't hesitate to drop me a PM.

My thoughts are with you and your girl - I really hope she pulls through ok.

<3

How are you both doing, Jay? I am hoping for the best.

Whatever you do, stay healthy yourself. Get support, sleep, eat right, breathe. Sometimes when everything feels like it is falling apart the only thing you can do is to keep the basics intact. My heart really goes out to you. <3

i think we all meet at the bottom.

when we have nothing left to lose.

that's when we realize what it's about.

Jay

I know and understand only too well that gripping fear and anxiety when our loved one is in trouble and we have no control over the outcome.

Just know that we are all pulling for you and your girl here and you are amongst friends.

Wow I'm sorry to hear that. This is what I'm afraid of. My fiancé loves to get high, and she really loved the H; so much that she would be very stingy with it. But afraid that when she comes home she'll stay clean for a while but then she start hanging out with her friend(that got us started on H in the first place)again and she'll think she can do so much but it'll really be too much. Hope everything turns out alright!

Thanks everyone for your support and information. I'm managing to function day to day. I set up some counseling appointments for my self so I can talk to some one and get some advice on how to deal with all the emotions in a healthy way. I haven't gone to drinking or drugs or smoking which is something that's new for me. My girlfriend is still in a coma, its almost been a month now. She is now breathing on her own and she reacts to pain and sound, so she has made some improvements at first she was on a ventilator and didn't react to pain at all. She is still not showing signs of consciousness though. I'm not giving up though her body is strong and I'm hoping that her brain just needs more time to heal itself. I'm just taking it day by day. I'm just about the video right now. Again thanks for the support
Jay

Thanks neversickanymore that was a really good video. The brain really is an amazing organ

Last edited by a moderator: