• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How Can We Improve Other Drugs? v. Calling All OD Miscreants

^ Title: How Can We Improve Other Drugs?

Subject: HALP AM I DIEING

lol, but anyways what happened to OD social anyways? Was it a drama-rama?

yes and it was my fault a lot of the times :\

i'll take the blame -_- sorry guys.

Benzos are a helluva drug.

OT: Could improve OD by getting more quality admins. But I'm sure this has been said recently.

Last edited:
The BL social came to be more of, for lack of a better term, "liability" as HR practices and HR in general deteriorated especially with the whole OD social chatroom ordeal for the OG's who were around back then, and the Social was closed as a result of EVERYONE's non-HR/negative/ImSoHigh etc contributed actions, we all are to blame for it to differing degrees, so I just don't think bringing back the Social is a good idea.

yeah we had the same concerns in bdd because we shut down right after you guys. it's back open now and there have hardly been any problems which is a surprise.

The BL social came to be more of, for lack of a better term, "liability" as HR practices and HR in general deteriorated especially with the whole OD social chatroom ordeal for the OG's who were around back then, and the Social was closed as a result of EVERYONE's non-HR/negative/ImSoHigh etc contributed actions, we all are to blame for it to differing degrees, so I just don't think bringing back the Social is a good idea.

yeah we had the same concerns in bdd because we shut down right after you guys. it's back open now and there have hardly been any problems which is a surprise.

Why not have all posts be pre-approved, and have some deputies (with their heads on straight or mostly straight) who's only permissions are to approve or hide posts? Choose your 30 fav. posters in OD/BDD and let them handle that workload. Delete people who let stupid stuff through or forget the HR prime directive on bluelight? <--Awesome Idea! Maybe? :)

I'd like to see a stims prefix. And maybe remove the cocaine and amphetamines prefix.

Why not just add a stim prefix?

How about specific threads/megathreads, you guys want to see?

What are your thoughts on improving/adding to OD in regards to content?

A iframe/proxy based bluelight gallery with uploads through tor :) Probably not gonna happen.... lol

^^

Humm.. Interesting.

Anybody else interested in an opiate specific sub forum? Can we get some pros and cons?

Nah. A pro would be that it would keep people from having to even think about opioids if they didn't go to that forum. Con is OD should be about all drugs.

If all the new people could maybe stop asking for sources from those of us who have been here longer or are more "well known" around the site it would greatly improve OD and the Bluelight forum in its entirety.
It would also get a lot less annoying for those of us who get those PM's on a daily basis.
I will report you. I would expect anyone to do the same to me also.
Now that we are all on the same page..
Thank you.

-HOOD

Re: the social, interesting idea, but for now, we are understaffed enough as it is and we are currently trying to get Team OD back on track so the social is kind of taking the back burner for now, but that's interesting that BDD's social has been okay since it's re-re-re-re-re-re-ressurection ha, OD historically fails like clockwork with it, but I miss the hell out of the OD social and all the regulars that used to have it as a place to talk to eachother about non-thread specific stuff.

And yes, if you PM someone asking where to find drugs, when your PM is flagged by the system or reported by the recipient (and those of us who have been around here for a long time who know the rules, 9 times out of 10 will just report your PM and then I get an email saying there's someone soliciting narcotics that I now have to go ban. So bear in mind, once it is brought to my attention which it inevitably does, I will not hesitate to restrict or ban you from this community, and ALL of Bluelight. So the whole sourcing thing, yeah, it's not something we take lightly.

Why not just add a stim prefix?

There's really no need when there's an (amphetamines) prefix and alternatively the (misc) which anything outside the former fills that gap.

What I'm failing to understand was the huge demand for the (alcohol) prefix and I've seen only a single thread utilising it since the addition...

There's really no need when there's an (amphetamines) prefix and alternatively the (misc) which anything outside the former fills that gap.

What I'm failing to understand was the huge demand for the (alcohol) prefix and I've seen only a single thread utilising it since the addition...

Cause they're busy getting trashed ;) They get their DOC at the corner store

Only slightly joking, Alcohols fucked up stuff.

Ha, yeah. They (the booze hounds) likely don't even remember the fight. Let alone winning ;)

a stims prefix is too vague, our current "overly specific" system seems superior to me in comparison, because a whole lot of compounds are stimulants, but not all are amphetamines, and I just don't see it making much of a difference to improving Other Drugs, it's not a priority issue IMO.

When you think about OD in the bigger picture, what are your thoughts re: improvement, ideas, etc. :)

^off the top of my head I don't have anything to suggest at the moment sorry.

A combination of being satisfied with the way OD works with the tools implemented to help run it that bit smoother and being rather doped up on my painkillers atm doesn't help ;) but if and when I may have something I'll surely add it in here.

Btw i wouldnt say the (prefix) setup is overly specific :)

I don't mean that it's in any way comprehensive, and I definitely see the flaws, but if we start to make more and more specific prefixes, it would be less help and just too confusing for most people, like how methylphenidate always ends up being tagged as misc or amphetamines, some shit just doesn't have it's own category but isn't alone worth creating a prefix for it. I mean imagine if we added like alcohol, nicotine, I mean there are just way too many topics and subject matter discussed in OD to have a prefix for everything.

How would you modify the existing prefix system, if you could only add just one, two, maybe three at the most, more prefix titles, which three would best help the bigger picture / community at large while providing MORE organization and clearer labeling without being too general and not too specific. It's difficult to find the right balance you know? I'd be interested to hear how you would "reorganize" the existing prefixes, any minor changes or a few additions that would overall improve the clarity of how thread titles are presented, and help people when skimming through search results, etc?

thank you for your time!
~TC

I honestly wouldn't add or take away any (prefixes). The current model is absolutely fine in my view. Not too many. Not too few.

As you alluded to it would become a mess if too many more were to be added. Its got that fine balance between the popular specific drugs and broader terms covering whole classes etc.

What I wouldnt consider is distinguishing each with coloured prefixes that other forums have. That would completely fuck shit up.

Wait are you saying that the prefixes in OD are not colored, but they are in other forums? Sorry i didn't get what you mean by that last bit.

The whole restructuring topic has been going around a while now. I agree on some pre-fixes and/or sub forums but as this is other drugs that sounds like an oxymoron. The whole system needs restructure IMO but changes should come slow . All forums should have social threads. There is always a way to get the losers to take off. And colored prefixes are always awesome.