• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How Can We Improve Other Drugs? v. Calling All OD Miscreants

Here's an idea. Like klienerkiffer said, split it up,
Like as in what your doing at the moment, examples
- Late nighters open discussion
- Loners chat
- a section for people on speed
- online gaming (that could get cool)
- intellectual

I'd hit up all of those constantly:)

You could split OD into more specific sections.

I strongly disagree. Where would you discuss poly drug abuse, which is the most prevalent, dangerous, and potentially lethal form of addiction? Shooting heroin with methamphetamine as a speedball in addition to taking benzodiazepines or drinking alcohol, would this go under opiates, benzos, alcohol, or where? Where would these high-risk users get their answers/input if the most knowledgeable, experienced, smart people using combinations of drugs simultaneously cant find the thread in question? How many people will receive inferior HR and lower quantity and quality posts due to bluelighters inability or unwillingness to check a dozen subforums vs just one?

You want HR information to be easy to find, one forum with everything OD in it, just a search away. With many subforums, trying to find your thread or any thread, for that matter, is much more difficult.

How would you staff all the new forums, especially when almost all of them have significant overlap, or, none whatsoever, you expect the OD mod team to suddenly patrol a dozen subforums if OD got divided? Even if they don't mind, they might not be able to enforce the BLUA as effectively as previously, and this can lead to risky behavior not getting caught in time by the forum regulars as well as the staff, bad advice with drugs could go unnoticed long enough for someone to hurt themselves.

These r a few examples of why its not a good idea to break up OD, and how it doesnt make logistical sense either from a staffing standpoint.

Dont fix what ain't broke.

I strongly disagree. Where would you discuss poly drug abuse, which is the most prevalent, dangerous, and potentially lethal form of addiction? Shooting heroin with methamphetamine as a speedball in addition to taking benzodiazepines or drinking alcohol, would this go under opiates, benzos, alcohol, or where? Where would these high-risk users get their answers/input if the most knowledgeable, experienced, smart people using combinations of drugs simultaneously cant find the thread in question? How many people will receive inferior HR and lower quantity and quality posts due to bluelighters inability or unwillingness to check a dozen subforums vs just one?

You want HR information to be easy to find, one forum with everything OD in it, just a search away. With many subforums, trying to find your thread or any thread, for that matter, is much more difficult.

How would you staff all the new forums, especially when almost all of them have significant overlap, or, none whatsoever, you expect the OD mod team to suddenly patrol a dozen subforums if OD got divided? Even if they don't mind, they might not be able to enforce the BLUA as effectively as previously, and this can lead to risky behavior not getting caught in time by the forum regulars as well as the staff, bad advice with drugs could go unnoticed long enough for someone to hurt themselves.

These r a few examples of why its not a good idea to break up OD, and how it doesnt make logistical sense either from a staffing standpoint.

Dont fix what ain't broke.

I agree. Splitting things into 5 sections, some of which have nothing to do with HR is pointless, and just extra use. I would personally consider a section for opioids, w/ a focus on on opioid/benzo combos, and other combos. But, at this point I no feel that is neccasary. I would be better be served in OD, as others skilled in pharmacology AND of course plenty of experience with, well, substances. ;)

You're still around Tricomb, Live Long and Prosper

It seems to me like significantly fewer people have been posting in other drugs as of late. There really isn't any reason to break it up into sub forums

The problem is, what sections would you choose and where would you stop, like upper/downer, or more specific like stimulants, benzos, opioids etc. , where would you put the RCs ?

Me personally I would like to see a section for responsible ice use where some users could exchange ideas and a kind of day to day ability to talk to each other as a means of holding off on that next line u don't need. That's the hardest part of being a responsible stimulant user. Might b nice to have a lil support on those hard days. I know we have basic drug discussions n all that but we don't have one specific to meth use and its topics separate. Not to many ppl are posting very often I've found. Maybe it's time for a few changes here and there. Just a idea. I kno there's lots of discussion on meth and lots of info here already but there are categories for other specific drugs. I was surprised to not see a heroin or meth catagory. Also it's pretty strict here and that's a lil surprising at the start as well. Maybe we could allow a couple changes. Small ones of course. Thanks for letting me giv a thought. I kno these things may never become reality and that's cool but I thought I'd throw my opinion n. No harm n that. Also if anything I said was out of order plz let me instead of punishing me or something. I'm new and getting use to the whole forum thing all together.

We have a meth and a heroin megathread and if you need support to stay sober check out sober living :)
What changes do you mean? Like changing the rules?

You could split OD into more specific sections.
thats why the prefixes were added, so that we wouldnt need to split OD into smaller sub-forums. you can search by prefix, which shows only threads with the prefix you search for, which creates the same effect as having smaller, more specific sub-forums with far less hassle.

something that seems conspicuously missing (in addition to the information that naloxone is OTC in lots of places now, which i already remedied) is information on needle exchanges. not necessarily where specifically to find them, but at least general information such as in which states they are legal and in which they are illegal. stopping the spread of diseases and caring for one's body through proper techniques (disinfecting, always using new syringes and never ever ever sharing, etc) for those already involved in IV use is central to harm reduction. perhaps information on which states syringes require prescriptions and which states dont could also be included? (no specific stores of course, just state-wide policies and laws) (the "how to get needles" megathread and/or link to it is broken)

Last edited:
The name of the (HR) Mega Megathread

So, it would be cool if this was called: the Mega MetaMegathread. Or the the MetaMegaThread. Just sayin' 8o8:)!8):|