• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How Can We Improve Other Drugs? v. Calling All OD Miscreants

bronson

Bluelighter
What do you want out of your OD?

7a5e03f22e3b3fceb139dfc7298e8b67_large.jpg

What's up OD'ers?

We wanted to create this thread, to act as a mouthpiece for discussion on OD as a whole. We know that OD is only as strong as its members, and there are always more opportunities for growth. We respect the opinions of our member base, and want to hear from you.

So, if you have any ideas for certain threads you want to see, rule changes, overall OD and harm reduction improvements/changes, etc, don't be shy. If you want to just say, "Hey, Scagnattie.. I think you're a real fucking ass hole and think you should jump off a bridge." That's cool too. (Although then you wont get to take part in the forthcoming Other Drugs communal drug bowl).

So, there it is. All of us comprise OD and make it what it is, from the staff, to the long term members, to the greenlighters just joining. Everyones opinion matters.

Discuss!

- OD Team

...taking possession of this thread, as the original poster decided to delete it...

Last edited:
Bring back the social? It was my life before it was gotten rid of, i mean yeah i used to post a lot in other thread but in between to kill time or to just sit back and chill and shoot the shit with our BL friends.. it was actually a very good way for us to take our mind off real life and shit, talking to people who understand eachother and have no one IRL to talk to bout things like that.

I know that's what TDS is for, but it's a little different. I've been in there for a few weeks since i came back to BL but that forum doesn't move fast enough and i like OD and always have called it my BL "home" so to speak.

I know there was drama and arguments and shit goin on in the old socials and i know i was part of a few, (look at my infractions). But im a diff person now, and if everyone can grow up and just chill than i think it is time to give it another shot, i'd love to come back to OD, a lot of people might not remember me or are new or something but i tried to contribute as much as i could to helping people and helping this forum be productive.

Anyways, at least take it into consideration.
If i forget to check back to see what you mods have to say about it than PM me and let me know why we couldn't do it.

It really does help us BLers know eachother better and are able to help eachother more in return.. nbd js.

-HOOD

I'd like to see a stims prefix. And maybe remove the cocaine and amphetamines prefix.

Hey Scagnettie I think your an asshole and I think you should jump off the Brooklyn bridge.

+1 for adding a 'stims' prefix. I would even suggest prefixes to be mandatory when starting a thread, instead of optional - not only in OD but in all forums. I think prefixes make the threads list more readable.

^^ I'm sure it is mandatory to have a prefix when starting a new thread. Times when I have forgotten to choose one and hit save it will not post my new thread until one has been chosen.

Informative posts that help educate users.

An example: when I was mod, DJsim posted about how benzos induce tolerance via the dissociation of α1 and γ sub-units of the GABA-A receptor eliminates the allosteric site for benzodiazepines...

Needless to say, that might be a better request for ADD/neuropharmacology discussion; but it's worth mentioning.

I also wanted to say Mr. Scagnattie is an amazing mod and is doing his part wonderfully. <3

If you're a mod and there's not at least one person who thinks you're an asshole - you're not doing your job ;)

I really like OD and think that most of the rules make this site a better place. My only complaint is that sometimes I feel that threads get closed a little too quickly. For example, I came on here looking for info on Zohydro since it was released to pharmacies this week, and was pretty shocked there isn't an active thread about it in OD. I did find this recent one, but it was closed for some reason - http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/715646-Zohydro . I guess because the OP mentioned price, however I thought it was pretty clear he is just asking for feedback now that the drug is available, and was not trying to start a price discussion thread. The other justification was that it was centered on "stuff that's already been discussed before", but I don't know how that's possible since the drug was just released this week.

I also wanted to say Mr. Scagnattie is an amazing mod and is doing his part wonderfully.

Thanks man I appreciate that.

And thank you to everyone who has contributed ideas so far. We are considering everything and look forward to more discussion.

Keep it coming!

I really like OD and think that most of the rules make this site a better place. My only complaint is that sometimes I feel that threads get closed a little too quickly. For example, I came on here looking for info on Zohydro since it was released to pharmacies this week, and was pretty shocked there isn't an active thread about it in OD. I did find this recent one, but it was closed for some reason - http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/715646-Zohydro . I guess because the OP mentioned price, however I thought it was pretty clear he is just asking for feedback now that the drug is available, and was not trying to start a price discussion thread. The other justification was that it was centered on "stuff that's already been discussed before", but I don't know how that's possible since the drug was just released this week.

If anyone ever feels a thread that was closed should be reopened, definitely PM one of the OD mods and explain why you think it would beneficial to have opened. Things sometimes escape our judgement, with so many threads and stuff that we deal with, etc. So, if anyone ever feels a thread should be reopened and has a good reason for it, let us know and theres a good chance it will be opened again,

I think seiko is a little trigger happy with the close thread button.

I think that if someone uses acronyms such as "swim" more than once, they should be temporarily banned. I've been visiting this site since it's creation and have never seen as many posts using these acronyms as I do now. It's just annoying and reminds me of other, inferior harm reduction sites. As far as moderators being trigger happy with the close button, I've seen it every so often but feel it's the safest thing to do. All in all, the mods do a great job, not kissing ass, just being honest.

^^^

The majority of people wont use the SWIM thing again after being told that we don't do that here. But I agree, it is very annoying to read. The whole swim, my pet, my friends monkey, whatever the stupid shit.

I think that if someone uses acronyms such as "swim" more than once, they should be temporarily banned. I've been visiting this site since it's creation and have never seen as many posts using these acronyms as I do now. It's just annoying and reminds me of other, inferior harm reduction sites. As far as moderators being trigger happy with the close button, I've seen it every so often but feel it's the safest thing to do. All in all, the mods do a great job, not kissing ass, just being honest.

i agree 100% actually. the people that i've seen do it mostly do it just once then cut that shit out, but there are some new accounts that use swim like it's their job, even after being warned.