• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How Can We Improve Other Drugs? v. Calling All OD Miscreants

Make it so if there is a social thread in OD.. that it is able to have it's own ban system from the social.
does this forum format support that feature? getting booted from a certain thread? but not the site entirely?

Hood - ill get to replying to your pm from last week when i get home in a qhile. Just getting my new contact lenses and grocery shopping atm and waiting for my lift home as im not sober enough to drive atm.

Jackie - no coloured prefixes aren't awesome in OD. Its about simple, easy to use and navigate functionality not aesthetics with pretty bells and whistles. Im interested in what you think needs restructuring? OD has barely changed since the beginning. The prefixes are the biggest change/addition to the forum in 10 years. You cant fix something thats not broken...

Tricomb - yeah the prefixes are simply black in OD whereas theyve different colours for different prefixes in the Drug Studies forum.for eg. I wouldnt like to see coloured prefixes in OD. That understandable? :)

Last edited:
Hoid - as far as I know the VB software doesn't have the capability to do what you're suggesting either. I'm sure an admin/engineer would know though.

We need mods in OD. Plain and simple the sites going to get shut down if it keeps going this way. I mean people are advocating IV drug use to people who had no interest in needles and being hostile, spreading misinformation and breaking rules left and right. I have see a few post of people sourcing that never got shut down and I thought that was a big no no for the site. Even reporting posts isn't good enough anymore. We have one MOD who pops in for a hour a day and that's not enough for a forum moving as fast as OD. Sekio is great but it's not enough he would have to have no life at all to control everything that goes on here.

Make it so if there is a social thread in OD.. that it is able to have it's own ban system from the social.
does this forum format support that feature? getting booted from a certain thread? but not the site entirely?

I know people can get banned from the lounge but not the whole site so I believe its possible.

I'll talk to sekio about it but I am pretty sure that bringing back the OD social won't be conducive to HR, and having to set new permissions to make it possible to ban people from it, I just don't see that happening...

And re: bringing on more staff, we're running mod applications as we have for quite some time now, so please send in your applications today.

I know people can get banned from the lounge but not the whole site so I believe its possible.

no they can't, you either get banned or dont.

the only beef I have with OD is the sheer number of random people who post in here with just inaccurate information. Im not an expert on anything, but if I dont know what im saying to be true from personal experience, I just dont SAY ANYTHING

if im a thread starter, Id rather just have no responses than a bunch of bullshit

although, in all seriousness, first hand experience is the best way to find out answers to shit so just hope people dont die in the process i guess

I truly believe there should be a stickied thread at the top of OD called "Over Dose EMERGENCY" that includes instructions on what to do in the case of an overdose of for each type of drug (Stimulant, Depressent etc. etc.). It should include things like how to give someone rescue breathing, to put them in the recovery position, to call 911 and say my friend can't breath he's turning blue instead of saying its a possible OD, instructions on how to administer narcan and other such vital information. I think this would be very beneficial because a good amount of people don't know how to respond to an over dose or are afraid of getting in trouble for calling 911. I think it would save a lot of lives ya know?

No but the police may try and search you or your home when they arrive and saying the call is about an overdose may delay response time significantly. Sad but true.

Yeah I think people come here for answers first. That is, people who go straight to this site instead of go ogling shit, like myself.

And what if someone is having one of these "emergency" situations and comes on and asks for advice and the advice given is wrong and the person ends up worse or dead?
Don't you think someone who has the job of saving lives (or not saving them) should be the one to take the heat for what happens?
Not a group of people on the internet?

Screw all the emergency BS.. get to a hospital or call your doctor.

-HOOD

Last edited:
lol, someone isn't paying attention in class.

Here's an idea:
Allow me to mod!

-HOOD

wut.... its okay ill just get really high and get out a note pad and pen and make up pretend conversations between me and all the kool kids

wut.... its okay ill just get really high and get out a note pad and pen and make up pretend conversations between me and all the kool kids

lol just joking around.. but go ahead and grab a notebook and come join me in the back of the class (where us cool people are) ;)

-HOOD

EDIT:
BTW.. you made OD a lot better and improved by adding trainspotter (The Doc.) as a mod.
Good call guys!
Congrats to all you new mods!

Last edited:
I miss you guys from the OD Soc.

If you can make that diary into some harry potter disappearing ink conversation style note pads, lemme know and the kool kids can get in on that. Can't bring back the OD social thread though, =\. Miss you LaCster!

im new here so im not sure of the implications of this or if its been mentioned, but i would have just now found it very useful to be able to filter based on the prefixes. is there any way to do this? it seems like a pretty basic idea so im thinking im just missing something that will allow me to do this. or is the answer just the search function?

If all the new people could maybe stop asking for sources from those of us who have been here longer or are more "well known" around the site it would greatly improve OD and the Bluelight forum in its entirety.
It would also get a lot less annoying for those of us who get those PM's on a daily basis.
I will report you. I would expect anyone to do the same to me also.
Now that we are all on the same page..
Thank you.

-HOOD
You make yourself sound like the Brad Pitt of BL.