• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Good Documentaries v. is that a doc?

Skinhead-fella was creepy as fuck I must admit. Seemed to have something wrong with him (aside from the sex offender thing). Was sympathetic given what was explained of his particular situation (obviously only one side was (partially) presented and could well be much more to it). There is an issue with young people having sexual encounters with fellow young people who happen to be that bit too young - I can see how someone could get caught up in a situation they really weren't intending or even considering. That particular fella was kinda creepy in general but I do think it's a real shame if anyone prosecuted where there's reasonable grounds for believing there was no intent to be preying on underage kids being considered in a somewhat different category to sex offenders per se. There's a difference between a middle-aged man having sex with a teenager and a teenager having sex with a teenager.

I don't think the skinhead guy was being very truthful at all. He was trying to present it as two willing participants getting it on at a party. When Louis asked him what the girl had said in court about what had occurred then the skinhead suddenly didn't want to discuss it any further. I think he thinks he done nothing wrong but I think that the girl may have had a totally different opinion of what happened.
I've been working my way through the Drugs Inc series after seeing them recommended on here and so far they have all been excellent.

I'm not sure if it counts, it's a documentary-film but.... Woodstock: 3 days of peace and music.

I've picked up the 'ultimate collectors addition' on BluRay... it's a whopping 3hrs 44. That's not including the extras which amount to over 3 hours & another 21 songs.

I'm only 1hr 40 in so far & there have been some great performances so far. Very amusing all the bits inbetween songs with clips & interviews. Half the folk are clearly on acid. :D

I've got a hooky copy of that Woodstock thing, always seems to go on at the tail end of drug session gatherings, great background entertainment :)

I just went to the relevant scene... it's in the film. A guy is doing news/making announcements over the mic & says:

The warning that I've received, you may take it with however many grains of salt you wish, that the brown acid that is circulating around us is not specifically too good. It's suggested that you do stay away from that. Of course, it's your own trip, so be my guest, but please be advised that there is a warning on that one, okay?

I've got up to the 2hr 30 mark now. I'm saving the last 1hr 10 for when I get my Kratom. It starts off with Santana (who was on acid during his performance apparently, sure many were) & has a few things before getting onto Jimi Hendrix. Still got the extras too.

Wasn't the brown acid supposedly STP, which is DOB or DOM or bromo dragonfly or somesuch? Our PD guru will know I suspect...

I've heard a number of variations on the story and have no real idea which - if any - is true. I think the general thought is that actually the "brown acid" was just acid and a handful of people freaked out after taking it as you'd expect when several thousand people take acid at a festival. The STP/DOM story (at least the most famous one) is not related to Woodstock. I don't recall hearing anything specific about DOM being widespread at Woodstock. There was a case of a large batch of DOM being passed off as acid - or perhaps genuinely mistaken for acid - that caught many people out and is probably responsible for quite a number of the 60s-era acid horror stories. Not that there's anything wrong with DOM - it's marvellous stuff by all accounts - but you would wish to know you were taking DOM as opposed to LSD given the massive difference in dosage and duration.

Don't Panic: The Truth About Population

Watched this t'other night and really enjoyed it. Is a refreshing change to see positivity and optimism about the current and projected future state of the world and all who ride in her. Even more so as it's not blind optimism and baseless positivity - the evidence for the claims is presented (and presented rather nicely at that). There's so much doom prophesying about growing population so I was rather pleased to see the actual facts pointed out and explained in very easy to understand terms. It would appear those doom-mongers leave out some rather crucial points when they're busy informing us the world will be brought to its knees by the crushing weight of the unwashed masses. Not quite the case it seems.

Am halfway through a shocking documentary 'Just Melvin, just evil'.
It's about a father who sexually abused his children & step children. The stories these kids who are now adults talk about are shocking as hell to listen to. To think that one bloke could abuse so many children & get away with it. It's one very sad story indeed.
Edit: turns out he did get some jail time.

Saw that one a while back, Max. Not exactly light entertainment no :|

You are right there Shambles, not light in anyway whatsoever. It is shocking what people can do to their own families.

Was quite interesting to hear what one of the paedos who had abused his own sons said about his reasons for doing so in that recent Louis Theroux doc on sex offenders. He said it was because he felt that they were his - that he had made them so he was entitled to do what he liked with them. Something along those lines anyway. It's a twisted logic but had never heard it put that way before and wonder how common that is. I'd be fairly sure that's what my own daddy dearest thought of his (many, many) children. He certainly treated us all as property to be used and abused in any way he saw fit.

(not sexual abuse in the case of his sons - 'only' his daughters)

I remember reading a book about Fred & Rose West and Fred reasoned that as a father it was his duty and right to 'break in' his daughters so that they would know how to please a man.
Mind you Fred had a lot of sick ideas that to him seemed perfectly normal. Whether the fact that he was sexually abused as a child himself had any bearing on this I don't know but I guess it couldn't have helped.

It is a saddeningly common theme that abused kids go on to abuse their kids. Not all by any means of course, but there does seem to be a link. I suspect it goes one of two ways - either the abused one goes on to go out of their way to be a brilliant parent or the damage is too great and they go the other way. I find such cases truly tragic. I can't have real sympathy for people like Fred West cos what they've done really is unforgivable, but at the same time there is a part of me that feels sorry for people like that because I can't help but wonder if things could have been different if they'd had a decent start in life. The whole things is really heartbreaking.

I'm loving having this broadband connection. So many interesting documentaries to watch that previously i had no access to at all.I could spend all day watching one after another. Tis a good job indeed that my usage is 'truly unlimited' as i get the feeling i will be putting that to the test in my first month of usage.

I watched the ITV series that they made about Fred West a few years ago. It really was exceptionally well done for ITV, it had Dominic West of The Wire fame playing Fred West. It was unnerving how charismatic, charming and clever he could be, the chief investigative officer was almost falling for him, despite knowing all that he had done. The 2 part series was said to be quite true to life, fact wise.

I'm loving having this broadband connection. So many interesting documentaries to watch that previously i had no access to at all.I could spend all day watching one after another. Tis a good job indeed that my usage is 'truly unlimited' as i get the feeling i will be putting that to the test in my first month of usage.

4oD is great for documentaries. Channel 4 is probably the best place for documentaries that aren't nature orientated, that monopoly seems to belong to the Beeb.

I particularly enjoyed - Meteor Strike: Fireball from Space about that Meteor in Russia last year.

Any other good docs on BBC iPlayer or 4oD at the moment? I'm in the mood for a documentary tonight.

Anyone seen A Very British Renaissance, which was on the BBC? I've got it on my HDD player waiting to be watched.

4oD is great for documentaries. Channel 4 is probably the best place for documentaries that aren't nature orientated, that monopoly seems to belong to the Beeb.

I particularly enjoyed - Meteor Strike: Fireball from Space about that Meteor in Russia last year.

Any other good docs on BBC iPlayer or 4oD at the moment? I'm in the mood for a documentary tonight.
Oh i didnt even think to check 4OD etc, so far i have only been watching ones found on Youtube.Will have to check out IPlayer etc and see what they have available