• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Ambien with a recreational effect like Ambien?

Gotaskw

Greenlighter
I wonder what drugs give you that hypnotic wavy fuzzy feeling that ambien does?

I usually see 3d visuals on the computer monitor, and the walls breathing. I also feel very euphoric on 30-40 mg.

What drugs give you the same feelings like Ambien? I tried xanax but that didn't do anything at all at 4mg.

Last edited:
Probably Lunesta but I never got visuals so I take it you had a fairly large dose?

Please speak in first person and not fantasy animal situations! I know some sites encourage this but it's not allowed here. :)

I'm speaking purly from my training as a social worker, which I'll admit is often very wrong when it comes to substance. We are taught that the effect of abusing Ambien is remarkably unique and not to group it in with other Benzos even hypnotics. I would think that if there are other drugs with a similar effect, they would be grey market or recently developed Benzos.

Damn it.

I love the effects of Ambien... Too bad this xanax shit didn't do jackshit, I even popped 2mg more (total of 4) - feeling NOTHING, with NO tolerance

Xanax doesn't do anything for me either. I'm sick of hearing it being so acclaimed and hyped as if it was the greatest benzo ever yet when I took it it was so worthless

I popped a last 5th pill and I am starting to feel very MINOR feelings.. as if I am a biiiiiit slow. GOD DAMN IT I WANT AMBIEN. And great, now I probably skyrocketed my tolerance.

just popped a 6th pill, and if it doesn't do anything, then I'm gonna throw the rest of my 94 xanax in the bin

I'm giving this 2 hours
then fuck it

I even have 100 clonazepam, but I guess that won't do jackSHIT. DAMN. I wasted 150 dollars on this shit. I wanted to get high like Ambien and have those wonderful feelings.

My only advice is, while you may not be feeling it, good chance its depressing your breathing. Don't keep poppin those like candy.

Yeah I stopped. Worthless piece of shit I have ever tried. I want my ambien :( It's the only thing that can make me sleep (and have fun for 10 minute before falling asleep)

You must be pretty high TTYS a lot?

.....go to a real doctor and talk to him about how you want to get high off Ambien for 10 minutes, I'm sure he will understand:|

just popped a 6th pill, and if it doesn't do anything, then I'm gonna throw the rest of my 94 xanax in the bin

I'm giving this 2 hours
then fuck it

I even have 100 clonazepam, but I guess that won't do jackSHIT. DAMN. I wasted 150 dollars on this shit. I wanted to get high like Ambien and have those wonderful feelings.

well maybe because you expected to get high from a benzo? benzos are more a subtle relaxation that goes very well with other drugs but alone it's almost worthless if you want to properly get high

Then what drug alternatives are there? Relatively safe ones (like Ambien), and effects similar to Ambien (feeling floaty, euphoric, seeing walls breath, feeling fuzzy etc)

Mushrooms have the effects you noted, but without the relaxation of course.

Zolpidem is a unique drug, the z drugs, not much else like them. And yes definitely more noticeable then benzoz. Ill take an ambien over xanax any day if i had the right dosage, no tolerance it if it lasted longer.

Other GABA drugs might have a similar effect but im not sure. Your lucky now though, your in the sweet beginning stages so you can make sure not to screw up your tolerance. Its easy to get to 7 pills a session, do dumb things and have to quite usage for month to get tolerance back. I wouldn't take any more then 3 per usage and don't increase if its working less.

I used to abuse Ambien when I was prescribed it. Lots of fun for the user, not so much for significant others/roommates/neighbors/etc.. It's probably one of the most painful drugs to snort, but oh man that burn became blissful. I used to crush up 10mg and rail half now, half later, sometimes more. What I would feel is a great uplifting, trippy, relaxing, purely fun buzz, I'd eventually go lay down and drift off to sleep. I would get up the next day and soon find out that actually I got back up after I went to bed and did all sorts of things, had conversations, went to the store, full on fights with my girlfriend, etc, and not a single recollection of it. MOST of the time, I would do mindless, harmless things, but sometimes bad things like driving, arguments with people, posts online, phone calls... Also, after doing this for a while, there is an addictive side to it and a definite depressing/anxious withdrawal probably akin to benzo withdrawal. I too find that benzos at any amount don't do a damn things to me and I've been scripted them all, even temazepam.

My girlfriend is totally OK with all of my drug usage and experimentation, even the ones she's unsure about, she is still supportive and always a willing sitter. Ambien is the ONE drug she said that if I use it again she'd leave me. She won't even talk about the fights we've had while I was blacked out on Ambien, so that even scares me.....I haven't had it in years. :)

It's probably one of the most painful drugs to snort, but oh man that burn became blissful.

Man I loved that zolpidem burn. ;D

If you're looking for the ambien buzz in anything else you probably won't find it. Lunesta didn't do anything nearly as interesting as Ambien. Not sure about any other hypnotics or "z drugs". IV ambien is a whole nother ballgame too if you're into that stuff. Just be prepared for some serious amnesia.