• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

The future of the benzofurans

black53

Bluelighter
Right now we have 5/6 apb, 5/6 apdb, 5/6 mapb and 5/6 eapb. Do you think that this family of substances isn't going to be expanded any more or will we see some more compounds from this family. For example:

- 5/6 mapdb (anyone care to guess how they would compare to 5/6 mapb)?
- 5/6 eapdb (same question as before)
- beta ketone versions of all of them (like methylone is to mdma)
- replacing the oxygen atom with a sulfur atom making the compound become a benzothiophene
- rigid analogue versions like MDAI is for mda

Other suggestions for changes are welcome :)
Or do you think we will get totally novel molecules with similar action?

They're also all essentially illegal due to the PEA analogue act in the UK.

- 5/6 mapdb (anyone care to guess how they would compare to 5/6 mapb)?
- 5/6 eapdb (same question as before)
- beta ketone versions of all of them (like methylone is to mdma)
- replacing the oxygen atom with a sulfur atom making the compound become a benzothiophene
- rigid analogue versions like MDAI is for mda
All of these are logical suggestions which we will probably see over the next few years. I heard of NBOMe-5-APB being sold recently too, though I doubt it's much good with that alpha methyl group. The phenethylamine version might work though, despite reports that NBOMe-MDPEA is inactive perhaps it will be different with a more planar benzofuran ring system instead.

I really hope we see most of these and that at least some turn out a worthy successor to the current ones.

I'm guessing they will go down similar paths as other compounds like 2C-B and MDMA, they'll attach a beta-ketone group and it will no longer be an amphetamine/phenethylamine. It seems the people producing the compounds to circumvent legal issues have a method to their madness.

So I went and drawn some of them - normal and bk versions first

Sulfur analogues and their bk versions:

MDAI like versions and some new ideas still to come, eapb versions omitted, because there's enough drawings as is

Last edited by a moderator:

some more possibilities

tried to merge with previous but over image limit