• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP knock

See you later! Hope your soaring at new heights. I'll now be forever saddened we didn't get to know each other better. :(

I saw the post before it was censored and i'm as angry and embittered by this whole mess as anyone.

I took a couple of hours out just now to talk with a friend but this just hurts so bad. Even though I've only been around for a couple of years i felt I was growing closer to knock every day, especially over the last six months after i took a well needed break from drugs and began to interact with others in a much more positive way. I genuinely felt like 20 years from now ne and knock would be real strong freinds, still talking shit, still reading each other minds and probably still putting a few too many chems in our bodies than would be good for us.

I'm totally fucked. I'm a bit of man's man, inspite of being the biggest softy going at the same time, but i balled my fuckin eyes out for 30 mins straight when i read the news. I'm welling up now, and not being funny, but i just don't cry. its not something i do. This is gonna take so long for me to get over. I fuckin loved that guy to death man. Like I said earlier, I'm just glad i am off the bottle these days as god knows what i might have ended up doing tonght after i got the news had i then drowned my sorrows with a couple of bottles of vodka. I'm done, i can't do this anymore tonight.

i think you two were the only ones who could keep up to speed with each other in all those tl;dr discussions you always had on the board. Always used to wonder how you managed to get it all down in actual writing. Makes for great reading when lurking <3

i think you two were the only ones who could keep up to speed with each other in all those tl;dr discussions you always had on the board. Always used to wonder how you managed to get it all down in actual writing. Makes for great reading when lurking <3

Thanks so much for that comment. i was wandering whether i had partly hallucinated the strength of the bond between knock and i that i felt was sure to fully prove its strength over the years that i thought were to come. Thanks again. That means a lot.

That's a fairly disgraceful post from yourself alasdair. I know who knock would rather have be a part of this thread, and it certainly isn't the person having a go at his grieving friend.
knock was a classy professional at wording things, and a total gent when doing what he felt was the right thing to do, and it doesn't surprise me at all he ended things with that amount of decorum, goodwill, generosity and sweetness. Not at all.

With his friends he was much more open about how he was really feeling at the time, and how he felt about the process.

I'm in disbelief. Devastated.

I don't really take drugs any more and often wonder why I even post here... But it's the people who come out with such brilliant posts, imbued with compassion, care, intelligence and personality, that give me re-assurance that I'm not wasting my time...and so many of those posts have come from Knock. He was a favourite poster of mine who provided many laughs and yet demonstrated very sharp intelligence, insightfulness and care for the welfare of others. A genuine, kind-hearted, sensitive person. Forever has my respect.

He gave so much energy and positivity to this forum. It will never be the same again.

He was always a great helper to those who came here in need, I just wish he gave others here the chance to help him this time.

Last edited:
Noo, that came really unexpected. :( I did not know him well, we just had a bit of nerdy smalltalk in the linux thread. I think he was a bright and humorous man. My condolence to his family and friends.

If you want to play the blame-game, then blame the fucked up society, in that progressive (in a really unprogressive manner, because no loving being gives a fuck about progress) people like Knock fall through the raster, because they lack the most important human volition : "Kill your neighbor to satisfy your greed". Or better : Blame the prohibition of proper research and education. If that is too simple for you, blame the existence of man-made chemicals. The LD50s are largely unknown. RCs are getting more dangerous. I do not want to count the documented losses in EADD over the last 2 years... we have to wake up and moderate our intake.

Last edited:
Wow. Incredibly sad news. I hope his passing was painless. I can't even imagine the level of despair for those who were close to him. I didn't know him for long, but my heart is heavy nonetheless.

Rest easy, my friend. May you dance among the stars.

Extremely bad news for us all!:( He seemed like a truly great bloke and will definitely be sorely missed by many on this site. I too hope it had nothing to do with what had been going on behind the scenes here recently (whatever that may have been), but I guess this is not the time or place for speculation, blame and knee-jerk reactions. Deepest sympathies to his friends and family... R.I.P. Man <3

Like everyone else I really cannot believe this.

knock, you were an incredibly special person, who did so much for this place and everyone here. Rest in Peace.

<3

FFS - gutted by this news :(. A sad day for us all indeed - RIP Knock mate, my utmost respect to his friends and family.

Bear<3

No this can't be true not knock.
Why knock for fuck sake?
He took time out to talk to me n explain things. He was the best moderator on bluelight.
He was so funny
He was getting on jsa n sorting his life out
God no nnot knock why knock :(

Edit: if only in my last pm id told him how ace he was instead of whinging. Trying to stop sobbing here n act normal.

God this is terrible
Knock was so ace, caring, funny, took time to explain things. Why is it always the good ones who die?

Last edited:
I can't believe I am reading this thread, I am totally shocked.
In my time here in EADD Knock has been the best mod we could have hoped for.
He was such an intelligent bloke and he would always take time out for people. I did not expect to see this when I logged on this morning.
It's no coincidence that EADD has been so quiet since Knock lost his mod position.
A huge loss to us all and to his friends and family.
R.I.P Knock

Brilliant mod, only spoke with him a few times but could tell thge guy was super genuine, very bright and extremely compassionate.

RIP man

He allways supported and helped out those who needed it in the most effective and sensitive of ways. He had great judgement and a great take on the world. It doesnt feel right posting on here now that he's gone. It's still not really sinking in, I dont seem to be able to let it.