PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine (MXE) Thread - Chapter 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solipsis

Bluelight Crew
Welcome to the Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread (V. 14)

220px-Methoxetamine.png

2h69afk.png

2h69afk.png

2h69afk.png

Warning: Methoxetamine has not been studied in animals let alone humans or otherwise really at all, and does seem to have somewhat addictive properties in some users. Please use caution
- any major dude

Warning: Due to the current popularity of Methoxetamine these threads are attracting a lot of attention. Some of this attention is welcome, in the form of harm reduction, usage tips and general information about the drug. Some of it is not..

This is NOT a social thread. Please keep all discussion here about Methoxetamine. This can be questions about dosage, usage, different ROAs etc, suggestions for other users, you can post a link to a trip report you've just submitted, or write some brief notes about what you think of the drug having tried it (no live trip reports though). Social chatter, and "I'm tripping balls right now!" posts belong in The Social Thread or the Drug Culture forum, or your appropriate regional forum.

If people start using this thread as a social thread again, all such posts will be deleted, and you will be given an informal warning over PM. If you continue to ignore that any continued such posts will be treated as spam and dealt with accordingly. ~Jesusgreen

Some of the latest posts from the previous thread:

ah, i thought because of that you accidentally wrote that.. Then I would do the same, take it all at once :) I usually start my night with ~30mg and then do ~20mg redoses over the night. Is MXE new substance for you? I caught that you're (were) a pretty heavy psychedelic head from PD social thread and stalking some of your trip reports from back in 2006 or something. Dissociatives are pretty new for me, lately I've really started to love them.

So.. I had total ~30mg yesterday, sublingual, but I didn't find it very enjoyable :(. At least i think that was the ROA, cuz once i put it in my mouth, saliva flowed so much and so thick that everything turned into a mess. Just kept that saliva/mxe goo in my mouth for about 10min and swallowed it, so maybe that was bucal or oral. Whole mouth and a throat got numb. Taste was bearable but it doesn’t taste like candy.
Nothing close to euphoria, wasn't depressed too... more like of a "neutral" mood, apathy...
I also experienced a state of confusion, similar to the one described by another user here. I kept moving through my house, trying to find something to do, felt like talking to someone too, but I was home alone.

The music wasn't mindblowing at all. actually, some electronic which I usually listen sounded flat and dull. That was quit interesting, it seemed I could distinguish very clearly between good quality and bad quality mp3. Only some classical music (flac) made me feel comfortable at the moment. Listening to Bach and Baden Powell was the best part of the trip. Had some mild CEV, but they werent colourful, just black masses moving slowly with the music.

I remember someone here describing it sometimes look like you have no eyelids, because you close your eyes, but it looks like they are open. Got that too! Weird...
And I ended up not taking cloxazolam (thats the name), because i did not find very conclusive info on that one. I know it is a benzo, does that make it ok by itself?

I guess the mindset wasn't the best too, cuz I had to work today and that might have ruined it all.

Apart from the mindset, what is wrong? I thought minor mindset problems like that shouldn't influence a dissociative experience so much. Maybe the dose? Should I start lower? Should I try to breakthrough?

Which ROA did you guys choose?

Torresmo, sounds exactly like my first mxe experiences man. I went with sublingual also last time, kept it just for a few minutes until swallowed because of the saliva, but it came up more intense than snorted or oral. I would recommend taking it orally or snorting for your first times.

It made music sound weird for me too at first times. I didnt think it as music enhancer at all at first. Its just been lately that i have learned to enjoy mxe. I am not sure if it has something to dl with the batch or have i just become familiar with the substance, but i love it now as opposed to not caring so much at first. So sounds pretty normal. If you want to continue just experiment with it at low doses and do it when you have weekend or holiday and u can relax. Redosing is something i think everyone does with mxe. Be safe, high doses will catapult you into the m-hole which could be scary. There was a time i thought i was going to die once on mxe.

I think, especially with MXE, that people forget dissociatives are a really required taste. THEY are not like psychedelics in that sense at all. They are probably the weirdest chemicals in any class. For most people they'll just find the effects to bizarre or "off". MXE and ketamine are probably the exception but even MXE people can just find it so weird.

I could live off just sitting and listening to the flanging and aural effects from dissociatives. I remember spending an hour or maybe more just sucking down nitrous attempting to find out what the fuck was making some crazy loud sound to have it be a computer fan. Psood's got it totally right, small things like fans and such can cause the most bizarre distortions. Also I bet psood's posts are to blame for most people wanting to try these things with his downright sexual word play(<3).

Last edited:
xammy said:
Is MXE new substance for you? I caught that you're (were) a pretty heavy psychedelic head from PD social thread and stalking some of your trip reports from back in 2006 or something. Dissociatives are pretty new for me, lately I've really started to love them.

No it's not new, I mean I've done it a few times.

How are IM dosages? By that I mean what is a good dose? I could plug it which is similar. Just trying to decide between plugged or oral dosing for this last bit of it I have.

Wow, I have nothing usefull to add but I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed your posts xorkoth, especially being that my two favorite substances are aMT and kratom, two drugs you've had lots of info to share. I've always wondered what happened to you and honestly never thought I would see you again, hope you stick around bud :)

I will, this place is a good outlet for me and the reason I left (relationship pressures) is no longer an issue. I'm glad you got something from what I shared :)

I should also mention that kratom ended up being a huge problem for me, and when I tried to get off it I started using poppy seed tea and the two combined helped to make a real mess of my life for a while. Hopefully you don't find yourself on that same path :)

Welcome back man, I honestly did learn quite a bit. Don't worry, with the help of tramadol I'm able to be clean within 3 weeks tops and have had multiple several month periods of sobriety only to realise that kratom works better for my anxiety than anything a shrink will hand out with the exception of benzos but I won't go there. When tolerance rises I take a break, 3+ years and it's still got it's efficacy, no need for me to move on to something like pods which btw are becoming harder to find and extremely pricey, thanks for the concern though. I'll stop derailing this thread now, just glad to see you back man :)

'Chapter 14' I like that title, it's as if we are all writing a book together.
I'm dipping my toes back into the m-hole this weekend after a break. I won't lie, I've missed it.

I've been using MXE for both tolerance reduction and potentiation of kratom in small 10-15mg doses for a few months. I occasionally use around 40mg doses on psychedelics but besides that I just don't really like it, it reminds me too much of DXM and gives me a gnarly comedown so I never bothered to push into high dose territory. However, I'm a huge fan of ketamine and have holed on that plenty of times. Can anyone shortly summerize the difference between the two holes? Sometimes I wonder if high dose MXE is where it shines but I don't wanna risk being stuck in an several hour unpleasant DXM like trip...

I've been using MXE for both tolerance reduction and potentiation of kratom in small 10-15mg doses for a few months. I occasionally use around 40mg doses on psychedelics but besides that I just don't really like it, it reminds me too much of DXM and gives me a gnarly comedown so I never bothered to push into high dose territory. However, I'm a huge fan of ketamine and have holed on that plenty of times. Can anyone shortly summerize the difference between the two holes? Sometimes I wonder if high dose MXE is where it shines but I don't wanna risk being stuck in an several hour unpleasant DXM like trip...

haha.. hi again captainkratom,
After our discussion on aMT i came to think MXE becomes really good only beyond a certain dose range, but I still don't know

How are IM dosages? By that I mean what is a good dose? I could plug it which is similar. Just trying to decide between plugged or oral dosing for this last bit of it I have.

Hi Xorkoth, have read a read a fair few posts and a couple of trip reports of yours in my travels through BL over the years, and I'd like to say that, back when you were modding, you (+ countless others) were highly influential to the way I viewed drug use and that it is great that you are back here posting again.:D

As for the IM doses, according to the extremely vague Erowid MXE dose chart, IM doses are around double as effective as the equivalent oral dose. It doesn't list the rectal dose range, which is around a third more effective than oral ime, but doesn't last as long.
I am probably far too late, as you say it is the last bit you have, but I recommend to try a combination of ROAs at varying dosages, for example 15mg sublingual, 15mg intranasal and 30mg rectal. This tends to expand the effects noticeably, compared to a single ROA.

Sometimes I wonder if high dose MXE is where it shines but I don't wanna risk being stuck in an several hour unpleasant DXM like trip...

I have not tried K so i cannot give you a comparison, but i can say that high dose mxe is very odd yet incredibly rewarding. The hole does have slight similarity's to the dxm headspace, and although they are both NMDA antagonists, I have found the MXE to be far easier on the mind and it tends to be more pliable and easier to snap out of.

_________ ___

I have noticed some incredibly strange effects a few weeks ago where there is the sound of what seems to be a million crickets that grew in intensity and changed pitch and wavelength. This sounds flanged out to the point where every thing flanged out after it, and everything seemed to happen in a very odd and dreamy way. Everything felt sort of deliberate and exaggerated and every now and then my thoughts would echo around in a sort of spiraling loop. Very hard to explain.

This happened around 20 mins after i came out of a hole on a standard hole dose, and has happened to me before when in sober reality. When it has happened to me without drugs in the past, it has gotten to the point of feeling like I am 20m under my bed, but it has never gotten to the intensity of what i experienced on MXE a few weeks ago.8o

Has anyone else had any effects similar to these? or know what is going on with the dissociative like effects I have occasionally experienced ever since I was a kid ? Thanks in advance.

So i'm going to be getting some MXE soon, but I have absolutely 0 experience with dissociatives. My general understanding is that they feel 'weird' in low doses and disconnected in higher ones, but I feel like words fail to paint a complete picture. A friend of mine has had some problems with k where it bordered on addiction, and from the looks of things MXE can lead down the same road. Would a gram last a complete noob long enough to explore the chem? I don't want to get too much and fuck up my studies, but at the same time I want to make sure I don't run out before I fully understand it. I expect to use it at most 2x a week (on weekends), and likely even less simply due to my workload, if that's relevant.

Also, I'm thinking of a starting dose around 20 mg. I was going to go intranasal, but it looks like it's more effective orally/sublingual? I'm not trying to fuck with needles, just have a personal line that keeps me off things like heroin. I've heard people say that oral has some more negative effects, but I don't know personally. I'm in the middle of the dosage thread, but which has less negative side effects/is more efficient?

I just tried MXE for the first time 2 weeks ago @25mg oral. It was a little bit more than threshold but not much more. A very nice, light first introduction. Looking forward to trying higher dosages.

In the past 10 days or so (roughly 10 days ago being when I first tried MXE) I've consumed about 225mg of MXE with about 2 or 3 of those day being sober except for cannabis which has always been a daily thing for me. Since I've started my MXE use my life has pretty greatly improved - I quit going on gram binges of week long insomnia with stimulants, as well as quit everything else I was using except for maybe a gram of cannabis daily and I've cut back on cigarettes as well. Most notable positive aspect is the antidepressant effect. Keep in mind that I never took over 50mg-60mg in a day, usually keeping it as low as 25mg. I have gotten some brain fog and a hard time speaking though as of recently so I'm taking a break.

So i'm going to be getting some MXE soon, but I have absolutely 0 experience with dissociatives. My general understanding is that they feel 'weird' in low doses and disconnected in higher ones, but I feel like words fail to paint a complete picture. A friend of mine has had some problems with k where it bordered on addiction, and from the looks of things MXE can lead down the same road. Would a gram last a complete noob long enough to explore the chem? I don't want to get too much and fuck up my studies, but at the same time I want to make sure I don't run out before I fully understand it. I expect to use it at most 2x a week (on weekends), and likely even less simply due to my workload, if that's relevant.

MXE common dose is 20-30mg so yes, a gram is plenty. I think I havent even done a full gram yet. ~90mg is pretty guaranteed M-hole at least for me so yeah, you will get a pretty good idea of whats MXE about. I usually end up doing about 50-80mg per session if I'm not looking for hole. About fully understanding it, well, I think it still gives me everytime something new, thats one of the best qualities of MXE

Last edited:
Disconnected drunkenness at medium doses 15mg-35mg, stimulant sorta at low doses (5-10mg), high doses 40mg+ kind of like virtual reality void dream realm type deals. Haha hard to explain. This is a rough outline for me anyway with no tolerance. Never went above 60mg.

Disconnected drunkenness at medium doses 15mg-35mg, stimulant sorta at low doses (5-10mg), high doses 40mg+ kind of like virtual reality void dream realm type deals. Haha hard to explain. This is a rough outline for me anyway with no tolerance. Never went above 60mg.

Hole will blow your mind

1392579195239.jpg

haha.. hi again captainkratom,
After our discussion on aMT i came to think MXE becomes really good only beyond a certain dose range, but I still don't know

Well aMT is unique in that aspect, typically with most drugs the side-effects increase with higher doses but I would love if the opposite also applies to MXE. Low doses are good as a tool for opioid addiction but when I take medium level doses I find the experience very dirty, this has kept me from dosing higher but perhaps, like aMT, there's a "breakthrough" dose where the positives over-ride the negatives. There's gotta be something to the MXE hole, just look at how many damn followers this chem has, eventually I'll suck it up and take the risk and go for a full on hole dose, I just hope it doesn't turn out like I think it will ie. Several hours of debilitating nausea and nastyness coupled with total incapacitation and confusion. Still, I would love to hear how the M-hole compares to the K-hole. I really enjoy holing on ket...

It's worth mentioning that I insufflate MXE, do other ROA's provide less side-effects?

Last edited:
So last night I ended up taking 2/3 of the MXE I had left orally, and then at T+0:30, I plugged the rest and took one small hit of really good cannabis. I estimate 40mg orally and 20mg plugged. I'm awfully glad I didn't plug it all because I proceeded to have the most intense, awe-inspiring dissociative experience of my life, and one of the most intense psychedelic experiences of any kind. I went straight into the hole which I have never been able to do, even on ketamine. I merged into a singularity of consciousness, reverted to the most basic, fundamental point of existence in the universe. I felt as if I had un-plugged from all that makes us differentiated from everything else and converged into an infinite moment of peace and love. I am going to write a trip report, it will be my first in years.

Just... wow. Much more than I anticipated, but it was just perfect. <3

Last edited:
So last night I ended up taking 2/3 of the MXE I had left orally, and then at T+0:30, I plugged the rest and took one small hit of really good cannabis. I estimate 40mg orally and 20mg plugged. I'm awfully glad I didn't plug it all because I proceeded to have the most intense, awe-inspiring dissociative experience of my life, and one of the most intense psychedelic experiences of any kind. I went straight into the hole which I have never been able to do, even on ketamine. I merged into a singularity of consciousness, reverted to the most basic, fundamental point of existence in the universe. I felt as if I had plugged from all that makes us differentiated from everything else and converged into an infinite moment of peace and love. I am going to write a trip report, it will be my first in years.

Just... wow. Much more than I anticipated, but it was just perfect. <3

I think plugging sure had a lot to do with the intensity, but even one hit of weed really catapults you into somewhere really quickly.. It is really phenomenal.

That sounds amazing, now that's what I'm looking for with MXE. You've convinced me to give a hole dose a shot. Were there any side-effects or were you just so far out there that side-effects have no meaning? I had no idea high dose MXE could take you to places beyond the ketamine realm, a place where I've accumulated my frequent flyer miles lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.