View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine (MXE) Thread - Chapter 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this, here's a few more of my assumptions if you care to comment on any one of them.

For ketamine - if anything I'd replace the Cl with a Br or I. Substitutions between these three halogens often yield compounds with similar activity (example 2c-b/c/i). Fluorine They aren't exactly the same, but are close. Also I'd say that the Cl plays an important part in achieving holes, with K-Holes being very easy to achieve.

MXE - I'd say that the PCE sets the overall binding affinities/potency/duration, the 3-meo slightly changes the binding affinities and makes the compound more likely to produce positive experiences (same as 3-meo-pcp vs pcp) and the 2-oxo lowers potency/duration to a more manageable level (compared to 3-meo-pce).

It's a shame the UK banned the entire class at least one vendor I know of was working on a bunch of arylcyclohexamines.

What's your opinion on compounds that don't look like ketamine/mxe/others drawn in 2d, but their 3d shapes are very similar? Worth exploring?

Recently I got some mxe. I've never had it since the UK ban. Now I always start farting when I take it. I never had that before. I'm thinking it might just be me being nervous and swallowing some air without noticing it. Thoughts? Have anyone else experienced this? This is at a 20mg insufflated dose.

EDIT:
it's almost like I'm taking a very fast acting laxative. I don't feel anxiety really, but I'm leaning towards it being a bit of anxiety/nervousness causing this, though.

Last edited:
MXE - I'd say that the PCE sets the overall binding affinities/potency/duration

By "the PCE" you mean specifically the n-ethyl, right?

The n-ethyl increases the affinity and the potency, but it does NOT change the duration.

The reason why mxe lasts longer than ketamine is 2-chloro -> 3-meo an not n-methyl -> n-ethyl.

What's the max one should do in one night for a first time user (in order to not go overboard)? Still trying to hash out the dose/how much I should set aside tomorrow night. I'm leaning towards setting out 40mg and breaking it into four 10mg doses for snorting. Are snorting and oral about equipotent? Any change in experience between oral and insuflation?

Is snorting it painful? I have never snorted anything in my life, so I can't compare it to much; I did however once get caspacian in my nose after cutting up a pepper, would the burn be less than that?

What's the max one should do in one night for a first time user (in order to not go overboard)? Still trying to hash out the dose/how much I should set aside tomorrow night. I'm leaning towards setting out 40mg and breaking it into four 10mg doses for snorting. Are snorting and oral about equipotent? Any change in experience between oral and insuflation?

Is snorting it painful? I have never snorted anything in my life, so I can't compare it to much; I did however once get caspacian in my nose after cutting up a pepper, would the burn be less than that?

When you snort mxe you will barely feel it. It might make you sneeze a few times, but it won't hurt or anything like that, so don't worry. The effects when snorted feel a bit more stimulating than when taken orally.
Personally, snorting is the route of administration that I would recommend for someone new to the chemical. If it was me and I was going to do 40mg total, I'd do 20mg and then another 20mg after half an hour or maybe an hour. 4x10mg is probably fine too, though. 1x30mg is great for a first time too. For me, 30mg is the go-to dose for people new to mxe. It's all personal preference. Keep in mind if you're smoking weed with the mxe you need to go really easy on the weed, even if you have a big tolerance. Hash with mxe can be nothing short of incredibly amazing when combined, but it can be confusing as hell for a first-timer.

EDIT:
I just saw some of your posts about psychedelics. If it turns out that you like mxe, you should definitely try combining it with cannabis at some point. The absolute best experiences with drugs I've had, have been on mxe up the nose, combined with smoking indica hash with roasted tobacco out of a bong.

Last edited:
^Thanks for the in depth reply, your advice is much appreciated. At this point I'm on the fence about adding weed; on one hand, I smoke every day usually, and can't remember ever doing a psych without weed. On the other hand, weed has been making me feel extra sleepy and bored of late.

^Thanks for the in depth reply, your advice is much appreciated. At this point I'm on the fence about adding weed; on one hand, I smoke every day usually, and can't remember ever doing a psych without weed. On the other hand, weed has been making me feel extra sleepy and bored of late.

I can pretty much guarantee that you will NOT be bored if you smoke while on mxe. MXE potentiates weed a lot. I don't know how experienced you are, but chances are you might even be overwhelmed. I mean it when I say that mxe combined with weed can be truly magical in the right setting. Again, you should probably just do mxe alone the first time or the first few times to see if you like it.

I think most people who have problems with weed + psychedelics are those who are non-tolerant to the drug.. those who will have varying results with just weed alone. If you're an everyday smoker though, there would be little problem in adding a few bong hits to MXE.

I don't think I've EVER done MXE without at least a few hits of weed, it really rounds of the experience for myself and makes it much more relaxing and euphoric. Then again, I smoke over a gram everyday... so if I DON'T smoke I'll go through minor withdrawals that make me quite uncomfortable

I think most people who have problems with weed + psychedelics are those who are non-tolerant to the drug.. those who will have varying results with just weed alone. If you're an everyday smoker though, there would be little problem in adding a few bong hits to MXE.

I don't think I've EVER done MXE without at least a few hits of weed, it really rounds of the experience for myself and makes it much more relaxing and euphoric. Then again, I smoke over a gram everyday... so if I DON'T smoke I'll go through minor withdrawals that make me quite uncomfortable

I definitely agree. MXE really shines combined with weed.

That's why I'm kinda worried; I don't want weed to throw me for a loop (usually it helps ground my mushie trips, and on LSD I don't even feel weed hah) but I've also built up a tolerance (almost three years of daily toking, maybe 2 months off total, but certainly not a gram a day). I have a hash tincture I made 5 months ago that I might use with the MXE, I've experienced its effects as nothing more than uber relaxing.

For the record I've never had a "bad trip" so to speak, having tripped 30 or so times on 5 or so substances. So, I'm not terribly worried that MXE will freak me out, but the thought does linger because of my allergy to DXM. 60mg with a beer sent me accidentally tripping at 4am one time, and it was a bit freaky to me.

As long as you have tolerance to weed, it should be more than fine. Just take a light dose of MXE and enjoy that for what it is and take a few hits as you start to come down. You'll get a nice introduction and as you become more experienced, any worries will melt away.

MXE is substantially different from DXM, chemically speaking. Good luck to you whenever you do decide to give it a shot!

By "the PCE" you mean specifically the n-ethyl, right?

The n-ethyl increases the affinity and the potency, but it does NOT change the duration.

The reason why mxe lasts longer than ketamine is 2-chloro -> 3-meo an not n-methyl -> n-ethyl.

Thanks for the correction. Would I be right in assuming the 2-oxo reduces potency? Especially since 3-meo-pce is active in much lower doses.

NENK is actually a bit MORE potent than ketamine:

This turned out not to be true in practice didn't it? (isn't adder's post the one that had some inaccuracies when the compounds were tested) - i think everyone was expecting what was described there, but it turned into a damp squib (i can't remember many people getting a 'hole' out of it)

This turned out not to be true in practice didn't it? (isn't adder's post the one that had some inaccuracies when the compounds were tested) - i think everyone was expecting what was described there, but it turned into a damp squib (i can't remember many people getting a 'hole' out of it)

Adder actually DID test NENK in practice. He synthesized it and then he tried it, and it's slightly (maybe 1.5x) more potent than ketamine.

I know that many people bought "NENK" from online vendors and they were disappointed, but it's much more likely that this "NENK" was either very impure or just something different altogether.

REAL NENK is very similar to ketamine, it's only a bit more potent.

Thanks for the correction. Would I be right in assuming the 2-oxo reduces potency? Especially since 3-meo-pce is active in much lower doses.

Yes, the oxo decreases both potency and half-life, Parke-Davis put it there to make PCP more manageable when they developed ketamine.

Very interesting. Do you have any literature suggestions for someone interested in finding out more about arylcyclohexamines? Too bad nobody ever wrote AiHKAL :)

^ Probably for the best.. tbh. They can become quite problematic drugs.

They are VERY hedonistic, while most psychedelics almost completely lack that trait.

Is there any info on the shape of MXE/ketamine when it binds to it's target receptors?

Adder actually DID test NENK in practice. He synthesized it and then he tried it, and it's slightly (maybe 1.5x) more potent than ketamine.

I know that many people bought "NENK" from online vendors and they were disappointed, but it's much more likely that this "NENK" was either very impure or just something different altogether...

I seem to remember there being NMR type thingys and the general conclusion in the thread was it was genuine NENK, but it was just pants. I also seem to remember someone saying that there were some other flaky bits in that adder post that didn't pan out in practice (though it always seemed to be on the button in the ones i got to try) - i don't know, just badly remembered hearsay (it was all in the NENK thread)

I seem to remember there being NMR type thingys and the general conclusion in the thread was it was genuine NENK, but it was just pants. I also seem to remember someone saying that there were some other flaky bits in that adder post that didn't pan out in practice (though it always seemed to be on the button in the ones i got to try) - i don't know, just badly remembered hearsay (it was all in the NENK thread)

What I also remember from the NENK thread was that many people got nose damage and even nose bleeds from online vendor's "NENK", so that's another reason why this "NENK" must have been impure.

"NENK" from an online vendor who got it from some shady chinese lab -> impure, unpotent, tissue damage

respected bluelighter synthesizes NENK -> pure, slightly more potent than ketamine, no tissue damage

Surprise, surprise ;)

Very interesting. Do you have any literature suggestions for someone interested in finding out more about arylcyclohexamines?

I've found many interesting articles on pubmed.

Too bad nobody ever wrote AiHKAL :)

MiHKAL would also be interesting. Can anyone correctly guess what the "M" is for? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.