View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine (MXE) Thread - Chapter 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well every time I have done ketamine it was during a period where I was doing far too many psychelics. Also ketamine makes me forget most of the experience when I take it high enough to approach the hole. And the whole thing is hazy afterwards. I seem to be able to remember the MXE experience much better and be more connected to it during the experience.

During the trip leading into it I kept having the thought "oh my god, this is the end-all trip, the most significant, direct trip I've ever had, +4 material". I'd say it wasn't a +4, simply because my life wasn't changed by it, but had I never had an experience before that showed me the infinite it almost certainly would have been life-changing.

As for side effects, not really, not until after. Afterwards I couldn't sleep for hours and even now my vision still has a tiny bit of that lag, where you turn your head and your vision takes a second to catch up. It really was very smooth physically, but it took a long time to get back to being fully connected to myself, much longer than ketamine.

Last edited:
Well those side-effects I can deal with, nausea was the negative that had me worried. Average doses leave me feeling very mildly sick to my stomach and I was afraid that with higher dosing this would manifest itself into debilitating nausea, I think I've just had too many negative DXM experiences as a teenager and this is screwing with my opinion of MXE. Anyways I look forward to reading your TR, thanks for sharing your experience, you may have kickstarted a new love affair for me... I soon plan on finding out for myself what the MXE hole has to offer.

It's worth mentioning that I insufflate MXE, do other ROA's provide less side-effects?

Insufflation is the least ideal ROA for getting hole effects. I have never holed from insufflation, and I think many will say the same. I guess it is related to that ROA being more stimulating and less dissociative. Outside of IM/IV, plugging is the way to hole, but oral/sublingual can work too.

To be fair I've never attempted to hole on MXE, ever. For me MXE has been nothing more than a tool for kratom addiction. I just mentioned that because I've always wondered if other ROA's provide less bodyload. I've heard that plugging actually causes more nausea than other ROA's so I will likely avoid that and go for either sublingual or oral when I do decide to attempt a hole dose.

Interesting, I have also been using MXE recently for opiate addiction. During the effects the restlessness and other symptoms (but especially the restlessness, which is the worst part to me) just disappear.

To quit opiates I have found that 10mg every hour for the entire duration of withdrawals will subside the negatives. In my experience.

Last edited:
Interesting, I have also been using MXE recently for opiate addiction. During the effects the restlessness and other symptoms (but especially the restlessness, which is the worst part to me) just disappear.

IMO MXE should be in every opiate addicts tool kit. MXE keeps my tolerance stable, potentiates my doses, and eases withdrawals (quite well I must add, MXE is said to have some level of mu agonism).

Link? I'll admit I've never bothered doing my homework on this chem as it's not my favorite substance, whatever it does it sure as hell takes the pain out of withdrawal no doubt.

It's a great chemical. Can alleviate pain, improve mood, can get you seriously twisted... My personal favorite drug of all time. Unfortunately very uncommon here at the moment. :( Indeed all there seems to be is K.

It's a great chemical. Can alleviate pain, improve mood, can get you seriously twisted... My personal favorite drug of all time. Unfortunately very uncommon here at the moment. :( Indeed all there seems to be is K.

I'd kill for some K, never seen it here.

I'd kill for some K, never seen it here.

man i finally had the chance to get my hands on some k(can;t even remember when was the last time) and it is so much better than mxe, far -far superior

man i finally had the chance to get my hands on some k(can;t even remember when was the last time) and it is so much better than mxe, far -far superior

What makes it better? Some people seem to prefer mxe instead

well ofcourse that depends on the individual. for me ketamine is what can take me out of this world and mxe is what can make me enjoy my time in this one more. :)
i don't know if that helps at all... a difficult question to answer now that you have asked it haha

Comparing MXE and ketamine is like comparing a flat-head screwdriver with a phillips-head screwdriver. They are both excellent tools and both for twistin' screws, but each type has specific situations for use.

Predecessor, your 10mg/hour dosing regimen for opiate withdrawal sounds pretty good though I'd say it more like every 90 minutes @ 15mg and adjusted for tolerance. It really is from my experience the best multi-symptom treatment for WD.

200mg/48h probably is too much.

Especially when you're unable to state it as 100mg a day and you don't know what year it is.

And your local weather forecaster caught a cold during a winter in which the spring blossoms compensate for the autumn leaves that didn't. (summer?°*)

Status
Not open for further replies.