Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What's Good on European and African TV v. Walking the Dead

parttime crackhead

Bluelighter
Previous Thread

Re The Walking Dead - Stick with it, if it continues to vaguely follow the comic books like it has been then it's going to get really good.

Choking for Negan to show up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah mate ive seen it, years ago. sopranos is one of the next best things ive seen as well, if you like gangster stuff its the pinnacle. such a shame the main guy is now dead

The best thing about the Sopranos is that it introduced me to the music of the Alabama 3. Fuckin brilliant band.....

TWD

NSFW:
Predictably enough, i couldnt resist watching The Walking Dead last night. All is forgiven, the new characters are nothing like they seemed to be on first glance, and are an interesting new bunch, creating many potentially good new plot lines. Also Rick and Michonne were back. They are needed as they have so much character about them, as do Darryl and Glen. Glen is a very strong character and a fucking hard bastard, allthough he doesnt over play it.

What was with that freaky / disturbed portrait ? Was it meant to say that the person who painted it was a psycho just to ramp up the tension. :?
It gave them the opportunity to show how strong and usefull Glen is to have in your team by fucking that truck up, in that everyone followed him and diverted them from their original mission to go to Washington. They are all crack shots now, apart from that 'scientist'. How can he be so useless and still be alive, strange.

Last edited:
Havent seen The Walking Dead yet, it seems to have a few fans here so I will give it a go

Been rewatching Curb Your Enthusiasm recently. Fucking great show
Larry David ftw

Interesting to get the back story on Darryl in TWD last night, it was otherwise a pretty slow episoide.

NSFW:
It showed that when push came to shove the blonde girl who looks about 15 can fight for her life.

So Darryl was just a bum, a nobody, before all this went down and his elder brother Merle mixed in dodgy circles, so Darryl had to learn how to look after himself. They reckon he'll be the last man standing. Merle was stronger, meaner, braver and badder, but he was more than a little crazy. At least Darryl has the advantage of being extremely level headed and pretty fucking shrewd and street wise. I loved the start of season 3 or was it 4 when everyone was fawning over Darryl, "Good Morning Sir" and all that from all the new people they'd taken in from The Governors village, everyone giving him heaps of respect, he was loving it. That was a good moment in the series.

Daryl's not in the comics at all. Neither is Merle. I was really surprised at that. Daryl's a great character.

I was convinced he was gonna ride that wee girl when they went looking for booze lol.

TWD

NSFW:
Yeah I think they will end up shagging. I agree, Darryl is one of my favourite characters. He is as cool and hard as fuck. Just the sort of person you'd want to have around in your community in the event of a Zombie Apocolypse. Rick also has a lot of charisma about him, the episodes with him in tend to be the more interesting ones. He seems quite vulnerable, often fucking things up, but that just makes him seem more real and human.

Last edited:
Anyone seen Orange Is the New Black? from Weeds creator, it's on Netflix has a decent rating on IMDB (8.5)

Any chance of Spoilerising or NSFWing all these Walking Dead spoilers? I'm waiting for the end of the series to watch it in one as usual which means having to skim this thread trying not to read half the posts.

Just watched first of new Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle. Not much to add other than if you like Stewart Lee you've probably already seen it and won't have been disappointed, if you don't like Stewart Lee this ain't gonna change your mind. I wasn't aware there was a new series though so thought it worth a mention in case any interested parties also didn't spot it.

Think I'm gonna watch the second half of House of Cards tonight. Watched the first two episodes t'other week then got distracted by peev. Best watch the rest before I forget who's who and wha's gwarnin. Really is a good 'un though. Can see how it gets so much praise. Yes it is a bit dated but it really doesn't matter with characters and dialogue as good as that. Might watch the US version too. Suspect it's an altogether different beast and could quite imagine they've done a good job. Albeit no doubt rather different to the original. Which is, of course, the point of "cover versions". Or perhaps "inspired bys" cos I'm guessing it's different enough to be more a case of taking the tone and style whilst changing just about everything else. Would be a bit pointless otherwise.

There are some great lines in True Detective

Detective Cohle- At a Christian prayer group: "What do you think the average IQ of this group is, huh?"
Detective Martin Hart: "Can you see Texas up there on your high horse? What do you know about these people?"
Detective Cohle: "Just observation and deduction. I see a propensity for obesity. Poverty. A yen for fairy tales. Folks puttin' what few bucks they do have into a little wicker basket being passed around. I think it's safe to say nobody here's gonna be splitting the atom, Marty."
Detective Martin Hart: "You see that. Your fucking attitude. Not everybody wants to sit alone in an empty room beating off to murder manuals"

Panorama: Hungry Britain

Benefit sanctions and food banks. And Edwina Currie being her charming self. It's all our fault, dontcha know. Free food is on offer so obviously us plebs are gonna grab it. It's not like we have dignity or owt. Far more important to spend money on other stuff apparently. We don't feel food to be a priority like they did in her day. And to think she's no longer a Tory MP. They're missing a trick there 8)

One bit I did find shocking was that apparently the highest sanction available is not three months, it's three years!?! 8o8(8o

Kinda obvious what's happening here. More shuffling and fukkery of figures to make it look like unemployment is coming down where all that's actually happening is people are being sanctioned so no longer on the unemployment figures or the welfare bill cos local authorities are having to pick up the tab instead. Do they really think anybody isn't aware of their nasty, cynical lil tactics? Pathetic. It really is.

Any chance of Spoilerising or NSFWing all these Walking Dead spoilers? I'm waiting for the end of the series to watch it in one as usual which means having to skim this thread trying not to read half the posts.

yeah sorry i am NSFWing the plot lines about what happens in the episodes, but thought just general speculation and chatting about the characters would be OK. I can NSFW that aswell.

As I said, Ive just been skimming posts where I see any WD mentions so I wouldn't know whether it's plot or general chit-chat really. It's hardly a massive deal but with any of the really popular series that several of us are likely to be watching it'd be nice to spoilerise as and when appropriate. Thanking you kindly, sirrah :)

Watched a few episodes of Making The Cut last night. Was pretty intense the physical and mental endurance training these US special forces have to go through. The failure rate is about 30%, Im not surprised, having a buch of nutters yelling at you to increase the stress of everything, with all the things they had to do, like run four miles literally carring each other on their backs and stuff like that. They break people down to build them back up again.

Also watched Wild Alaska last night. Dunno why Im so fascinated by Alaska at the moment, but there was some brilliant footage in that, especially of a wolf having a nervous first encounter with a porcupine. The wolf was extremely wary of the thing, but tentatively tried to get at it, before getting pronged by the quills and yelping to a defeated retreat. Lots of footage of brown bears and polar bears too doing their stuff too, catching the salmon by their teeth as they leap up waterfalls making the annual run up stream for spawning.. I'd love to go there one summer, the place looks amazingly beatiful, it would really be a getting away from it all holiday of a lifetime.

I cant imagine how the US version of House Of Cards would be, as it seems to be such a British thing. I'll try and watch it though as i loved the original and Kevin Spacey is usually pretty convincing in whatever he does.