European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What's Good on European and African TV v. Walking the Dead

Finished season 2 of the american House of Cards, very good

Finished season 2 of the american House of Cards, very good

it was great up to the last ep. Just thought it all went a little out there in the last episode, pushed it a little.
Still great remake though. Its very easy to fuck remakes up but they did a fine job

Anyone recommend any decent documentaries on netflix? rather an hour and half of something where you learn than a shit film

If you find any, don't forget to post them in the Good Documentaries thread :) I haven't really looked at the documentaries section on Netflix, might be time for a peruse. Like you, I'd much rather watch something educational, I watch about three films a year, but watch documentaries nearly every day.

Dirty wars, The Imposter, Blackfish, Countdown to Zero, The Invisible War, Man on Wire, The Square, Senna, I am,

We Are Legion : The Story of the Hactivists is a decent documentary that is on Netflix, if that interests you? Also, Indie Game. Just scrolling through and picking out the ones I can remember seeing.

Yeah thats good as well

Theres quite a few decent docs on there, the films are pretty piss poor though. american netflix is better than the uk one

Only just started it. During the intro at the start Daryl & Glenn bump into a guy and act like they've only just met him. Is that guy not the doctor/alky from the previous episodes? Aka D'Angelo from The Wire? Therefore, they clearly know him. Am I tripping here, or am I just being mad racist and thinking all black people look the same?

Edit - Never mind, I'm being stupid. Flashback, init.

Are you watching True Detective, PTCH? I think it's been brilliant so far. Matthew McConaughey is superb in it. Reminds me I need to get hold of episode 8. Wanted to ask what Mendo_K thought of it as I saw him mention he was going to start watching it but I noticed he's been banned. I highly recommend it though. Great entertainment.

Sounds like I should give TWD another go then. I really fell out of favour with it on series two. It just bored me but I'll pick up where I left off and see if it has improved any.

Also watched the Tunnel recently after it being pushed by Sky on freeview channel Pick. I really liked Broadchurch (same writers) but The Tunnel was garbage in my opinion. Best avoided.

Only just started it. During the intro at the start Daryl & Glenn bump into a guy and act like they've only just met him. Is that guy not the doctor/alky from the previous episodes? Aka D'Angelo from The Wire? Therefore, they clearly know him. Am I tripping here, or am I just being mad racist and thinking all black people look the same?

Edit - Never mind, I'm being stupid. Flashback, init.

haha - flashback :D (three episodes left until the end of season - so
NSFW:
Alky doctor kills one of them !
. 'the Mentalist' has started again today :)

Are you watching True Detective, PTCH? I think it's been brilliant so far. Matthew McConaughey is superb in it. Reminds me I need to get hold of episode 8. Wanted to ask what Mendo_K thought of it as I saw him mention he was going to start watching it but I noticed he's been banned. I highly recommend it though. Great entertainment.

Sounds like I should give TWD another go then. I really fell out of favour with it on series two. It just bored me but I'll pick up where I left off and see if it has improved any.

Also watched the Tunnel recently after it being pushed by Sky on freeview channel Pick. I really liked Broadchurch (same writers) but The Tunnel was garbage in my opinion. Best avoided.

Mendo's been banned? When/why did that happen?

True Detective is awesome. Still got today's episode to watch. McConaughey is fucking incredible in it. Have you seen Dallas Buyer's Club? He's amazing in that as well.

You should get back on TWD, the second season was easily the worst/slowest.

^ good film. He's done a lot of shitty romcoms in his time but the last few roles (Dallas Buyers Club, Lincoln Lawyer, brief part in Wolf of Wallstreet) have been great.

Just downloaded 8 episodes of True detective, gonna give them a watch soon

New walking dead ep in a min

n just watched that Rush film, quality

True Detective is top quality, really impressed with the writing, just about to watch the final episode !

it's slow as fuck but mates say oh you need to build story, yeah coz carl eating fucking pudding is story building

Wanted to ask what Mendo_K thought of it as I saw him mention he was going to start watching it but I noticed he's been banned..

Really?!? I had no idea. Someone just PM'd me about his whereabouts t'other day too. Had to say I had no idea. This would explain it :eek:

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle: England. Gonna plug it again even though I kinda know anyone who likes is watching and everybody else is avoiding like the plague... C'mon plague-dodgers, grow some balls <3

Second episode considerably funnier than the first (and the first was pretty damn funny). As presumed by the title, largely lays into UKIP and other such LIttle Englander types. Viciously and repetitively for half an hour. The latter is a big part of his comedy value, the former the other big part of his comedy value, if you value neither in comedy you will not approve.

Incidentally, forgot to mention that Chris Morris has a cameo role in this series. He plays some kinda therapist during lil segues. Didn't make much impression beyond his mere (godlike) presence first episode, second episode had me sniggering a fair bit. Can but hope the arc continues up and up <3