Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Yes, but only a little

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Sometimes / Completely depends on whether it is salt or freebase

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters
Okay so I have probably taken aMT more than any other psychedelic (probably like 30+ times now lol), it was my first psychedelic and 6 years later it's still one of my fav's and this is what I discovered. When I used to take aMT orally I have had trips last 22 hours (40mgs) and no joke a trip that lasted 6 hours TOPS (not BSing that trip got me pissed lol) and this was at 50mgs. For the most part the duration of my oral trips were 14-16 hours but every once in a while I would get either a really short trip or a really long trip and tolerance isn't to blame. Couple that with different ROA's providing different durations (for example aMT plugged last 10-12 hours for me and vaped lasts about 10 hours) it doesn't surprise me that the dosing for aMT seems a bit wild. As a rule of thumb your gonna want at least 24 hours aside if your gonna go for the oral route and perhaps a benzo or two if you find your ready to throw in the towl. Tbh I wish aMT would last longer, time flies when your having a blast I guess...

Last edited:
Thanks for those details, I hadn't found much information regarding the shorter end of the spectrum of aMT durations; 6 hours is remarkable. I take it the other ROAs (vaped, plugged) don't have such discrepancies in duration?

Don't expect that 6 hour duratiom, that was a one time thing for me and the only explanation I can think of is that I puked it out too soon? But then again I tripped hard as fuck for those 6 hours so I have no explanation for that trip, it was indeed aMT as well. Anyways I only plug aMT now as it makes the side-effects mild and brings the duration to 10-12 hours EVERY time and doesn't lose the magic like vaping does. Vaping totally changes the trip and makes it super speedy with less euphoria and visuals, just not the same drug and feels like a weak version of what aMT has to offer. I'd go for the plugged route if I were you.

Ps: I also wanna mention that both erowid and shulgins dose and duration details do NOT apply for everyone and there's lot's of stuff in t/pihkal that I disagree with as well as many others. For example I seem to require higher doses for chems listed in pihkal, disagree with his opinions on some chems (2c-d being 'tofu' is one of the many), and the durations of his experiments differ from mine quite often. There are no set doses that result in the same effects for every person. Another thing is that during those wacky oral trips with funky durations, this was all from the same batch so the theory of different batches providing different durations goes out the window.

Last edited:
Plugged is also my favorite, glad you agree. :) I'd say the shortest AMT ever lasted was maybe 9 hours. That's really odd it would have ended at 6 hours once for you.

Thanks for all the feedback, I'll be sure to have at least 24 hours free before I try aMT. I might try plugging eventually but it's not something I've tried before and might not be the most comfortable performing. It seems to be many people's favourite ROA for this compound so if using it orally isn't my cup to tea I'll probably try it out. I plan on using ginger extract (and cannabis) to offset the nausea for the trip, I've heard it can be effective and I don't think I can obtain ondansetron.

Xorkoth I was surprised as shit.... I had my first aMT trip ever 2-3 weeks earlier and that was the one that lasted 22 hours. I had.such a fucking amazingly beautiful first trip so I upped the dose to 50mgs oral as opposed to my first trip at 40mgs oral and what I got was a super intense condensed 6 hour aMT trip, it was crazy.... never happened again from then on. Oral dosing was always so variable for me, I think it depends on how much got absorbed before I puked it out (happened every time orally).
ti

Thanks for all the feedback, I'll be sure to have at least 24 hours free before I try aMT. I might try plugging eventually but it's not something I've tried before and might not be the most comfortable performing. It seems to be many people's favourite ROA for this compound so if using it orally isn't my cup to tea I'll probably try it out. I plan on using ginger extract (and cannabis) to offset the nausea for the trip, I've heard it can be effective and I don't think I can obtain ondansetron.

Just be prepared for a couple hour of debilitating nausea, fever, chills, anxiety, tachycardia etc but after the second phase kicks in it all becomes worth it ;). Some get lucky and get little side/effects but don't be surprised if you are one of the unlucky ones like me. Once you feel you've absorbed the aMT and you feel like you've gotta puke DO IT, I find that like mesccaline the purge marks the beginning of the trip and makes the bodyload dissapate. Also what dose will you be taking, I would suggest a starting dose of 40mgs as underdoses are unpleasant for most and aMT starts to shine in 50+mg doses but 40mgs should provide a decent taste of what aMT has to offer.

Last edited:
I was thinking 40-45 mg, since I don't want to under dose and just find myself feeling uncomfortable for the duration of the trip. I've read of some trips that have gone sour at those doses, but I feel prepared and see it as the ideal amount.
I feel prepared to puke, it's never as bad as the mind makes it out to be, and the rewards that follow afterwards with aMT sound too enticing.

Yeah underdosing with aMT fucking sucks, 40-50mg range makes for full experiences but I prefer doses of 60-75mgs as this usually puts me in a real dreamy, sedating, MDMA like state with pretty warm colored smoky visuals. I would'nt advise starting at these doses though. If your an experienced tripper you may wanna give 50mgs a go but that would be bad HR on my part if you had an overwhelming experience. I assume your working with the freebase? Btw, for me the nausea was beyond mental and is very real, no amount of distraction could take me away from the violent heaves from aMT but not everyone gets nausea as bad as me. If your expecting something spiritual aMT will dissapoint but if your looking for a pure recreational experience and you enjoy both psychedelics and MDMA you will be pleased.

Yeah I have some of the freebase available to me. And I didn't quite mean I would try to distract myself from the nausea, but the anticipation of being ill causes unnecessary hesitation in me and when I finally step up to the plate (or porcelain bowl) it's never as bad as it seemed. My whole life I can't recall an unpleasant puke-session; it's a greatly relieving act, but I will consciously avoid it at all costs.
I enjoyed MDMA a lot back when I still had magical experiences, and that's sort of what drew me to aMT. I understand they're likely to be very differently subjectively, but all the comparisons make it sound like it's worth investigating.
Also, how so you adjust doses when plugged? Do you require significantly less?

not really less, maybe 60mg would be like 70mg orally. Most drugs are way stronger rectally. But, rectal AMT bypasses the nausea and a lot of the body load.

It's been years since I've taken an oral dose but from what I can recall 50mgs oral was no less intense than 50mgs plugged, there's veey little difference. If you ever plan on plugging the freebase your gonna have to dissolve in a ml or two of either vinegar or add a couple drops if 30%hydrochloric acid to turn It into a salt. I find vinegar is alot easier on the rectum so that's what I use. Make sure to dilute the solution with water but add the water after you've got your aMT dissolved in the vinegar. Sounds like a hassle but it takes like 2 minutes and is totally worth it.

50/60mg of aMT down on an empty stomach, lets see what the proper deal is with the stuff. tunes on

Not for around a week, it stopped working. meph and everything else usually is reliable and works regardless but that stuff seems to just stop. havent touched meph for a long time though, the comedowns off that were terrible

Feeling something,

The XX- Intro

Thanks will do =D<3

got that reknown sicky feeling coming on

Last edited:
This amt is some odd stuff. half of it is like being on some sorta speed whilst a little bit dissociated whilst a bit drunk with added musical depth and appreciation + a hint of feeling sick, but as it eases off it changes into some sorta MDMA type blissful thing

I think the first half of that weird shit i was feeling was the comeup, one hell of a long comeup tbh. flying now. feeling kinda orgasmic or something, quivvering. this stuff is nuts

Last edited:
Does anyone some information on how A-MT should test for Marquis/Mecke/Mandelin?

I have a-mt from a new supplier, and want to be sure I'm getting the real deal. These are my tests: Any opinion?

Also the powder seems to be quite sticky. Freebase or Hcl?

2d97bpk.png

Hi guys. Just got the results from the lab. My product is pure a-mt :)

Does aMT produce time-dilation during the nauseating come up? I've noticed that time-dilation is not mentioned a lot when people talk about aMT, but it is a pretty significant effect of other psychedelics like mushrooms and LSD, but not so much with empathogens like MDMA and methylone.
It usually occurs during the peak of my experiences, but I have had some lengthy come-ups with DOx compounds where it did become a factor. I suppose I just want to know if the 2 hours of nausea will actually feel like 2 hours or an eternity.