Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Yes, but only a little

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Sometimes / Completely depends on whether it is salt or freebase

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters
I don't think it's a stupid question either. Of course comparisons can be drawn between different substances. MDA and AMT have a lot of significant differences (AMT leaves me feeling happy and good the next day while MDA leaves me a bit down, and AMT is a lot more psychedelic in the actual psychedelic sense, whereas MDA can be almost delusional sometimes), but there are also some strong similarities.

I personally find it interesting how many people I've had it with have been really sick off it. I'd say less than half have actually enjoyed it, and not been sick for the duration of a trip. I've always felt that the people in question were holding it in, rather than just going and being sick for a while.

^Really now? So you'd say AMT has almost a guaranteed nausea factor? I'm imagining the merry pranksters eating IT-290 on Further and just all puking magic colors out the window as they drive across America hahah.

If it's so guaranteed to cause nausea is it really worthwhile?

^Really now? So you'd say AMT has almost a guaranteed nausea factor? I'm imagining the merry pranksters eating IT-290 on Further and just all puking magic colors out the window as they drive across America hahah.

Some people do. In my experience the people who were sick were people with little psychedelic experience who couldn't bare another 7+ hours of what they were going through. I'm not sure to what degree they were actually being sick, or if they actually meant bodyload, or even anxiety, etc.

It's definitely worth trying. I've been sick on AMT, but only as often as I have with any other psychedelic. Love the stuff. I've got a couple of mates who do as well.

What dosage would you recommend for clubbing (e.g. having fun without too much psychedelic confusion, something like mdma)?
I think last time I used 12mg which provided nothing more than uncomfortable bodyload.

MDA is the most second most balanced monoamine releasing agent in this table (after 4-methylamphetamine):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoamine_releasing_agent

I couldn't find the Ki numbers for aMT but it is said to be a well-balanced MRA.
I don't think Ki values are really suited for comparing releasing activity, EC50 should be what you need. Might be they correlate, but normally Ki has nothing do do with releasing strength.

off topic:
Terrible analogy. The only similarity between Tramadol and Prozac is that they both increase serotonin levels but they do this in very different ways.
Tramadol is a serotonin releasing agent (which Prozac is not). Prozac is an SSRI whereas Tramadol to my knowledge is just an SRI. At least do your homework if you're going to berate me.
What you write makes no sense. Tramadol is a SRI and thus should work more or less similar to Prozac.

Last edited:
12mg of AMT is a way low dose, threshold really. I dislike threshold AMT because it does produce bodyload but none of the positive effects. I'd go with 40mg to start. AMT never makes me trip really hard, even at much higher dosages... in fact it makes me gregarious and sociable.

Yeah it's absolutely worthwhile. I mean if nausea is a huge issue for you then maybe it wouldn't be but personally a little nausea is more than worth it for a good experience, for me. I only get it a little or not at all when I plug it, but when I eat it I always get a little nauseous, but it fades once it fully comes up.

What dosage would you recommend for clubbing (e.g. having fun without too much psychedelic confusion, something like mdma)?
I think last time I used 12 mg which provided nothing more than uncomfortable bodyload.

From memory, you need at least around 40 mg. If you did want psychedelic confusion, I'd say somewhere more between 50-60mg+.

I did 30 mg my first time and it was thoroughly borderline. It served no other purpose other than to inform me to try a higher dose.

ok thats wat i meant AMT freebase... so it is most likely freebase then. what would u suggest xor for a dose of freebase ? also im not a lightweight and ive taken amt before. id like a nice strong trip nothing TOO crazy. i was thinking 50mg ?

I don't know if I have freebase or something else but 30mg does the trick. 40mg is doable (and very nice, for that matter), but not necessary, IMO.

I had something between 50-60mg (plugged) a few weeks ago of the freebase. The first hour was a little unpleasant. Somewhat anxious, hints of nausea and a general feverish kind of feeling. After about an hour I was a bit disappointed not more was happening, I felt mostly sober other than that things looked a bit "off", but no real visuals so to speak off and no psychedelic confusion.

About 30 minutes later things started kicking up a bit though, I decided to go outside and wandered around in the park for several hours. At times I'd get this feeling of being floored, like having taken a bit too much MDMA, where you feel a bit woozy in a really good way and your eyes roll back into your skull. I sometimes felt like I had to sit down, but never really did and mostly just kept walking. OEVs were there, but nothing too special. Staring at a point in space would quickly lead to some peripheral movement which would then gradually move to the centre but only develop up to a certain point, then the visuals would just repeat themselves. Not like shrooms or acid where layers and layers of complexity keep on adding one on top of the other and the hallucinations are constantly changing.

I think around the 5th or 6th hours things started to fade away but I still felt like I was on a decent bit of MDMA (without the gurning strangely enough) for another 6 horus or so. Knocked myself out with some clonazolam that night.

For clubbing I think a 50-60mg dose would be ok, but I'd dose about 2-3 hours before going to the event, that way the heaviest body part will have faded and it'll be easier to handle and you'll have more energy to dance and chat.

EDIT: I'll add to that that previous attempts with lower doses provided me with mixed results. Tiny doses 1-5mg are quite nice when taken in the morning with a cup of tea for all day long mood lift (only becomes apparent after a few hours). Doses between 15-25mg provide little in terms of positive effects and body load, flushing, cramping, etc. prevail.

Last edited:
ok thats wat i meant AMT freebase... so it is most likely freebase then. what would u suggest xor for a dose of freebase ? also im not a lightweight and ive taken amt before. id like a nice strong trip nothing TOO crazy. i was thinking 50mg ?

40-50mg I'd say. Probably 40mg the first time just in case you're more sensitive to it than me. I started my AMT experiments with 40mg doses but moved up to 50mg then 60mg, but I was using it a lot. 60mg became my preferred dose and I could have handled 60mg the first time but I'd start with 40mg.

Back in 02' I was getting 30mg gelcaps and that was my preferred dose too 60mg of the white hcl. Also I always throw up my amt before it kicks in and it would only feel like 30MG so I may dilute it in water to absorb faster ? I'm start with 50-55mg since I've taken it before. Def isn't worse than 5 meo amt lol

AMT freebase (which is almost always what it is) is not soluble in water. Have you ever plugged anything? Plugging AMT reduces the bodyload and nausea a lot and makes it come up faster. If you don't have too much of an aversion to the idea it's a great way to take AMT. I don't think diluting it would help honestly, even if you used a liquid it will dissolve in. Well, you could use some water and add a bit of vinegar to convert it to an acetate salt form and it would dissolve actually, you could give that a try. Maybe it would help. Ginger also might help, it settles the stomach.

So, if I obtain amt and put it in water and it does not dissolve it is freebase, correct? I can then add vinegar to said non solution to make a pluggable solution? Would apple cider vinegar work?

Yeah apple cider vinegar is fine, it just needs acetic acid, doesn't matter where it's from. It will form AMT acetate. You can actually plug the freebase too, suspended in liquid or even just in a gel cap, but it's better to convert it to a salt.

Thanks for the quick response.. I am supposed to be getting 100mg in a gel cap. Hopefully it doesn't stick too much so I can test/weigh properly. I am always sorta naturally tolerant to things. Can't decide if I wanna do a 50mg dose so I have two, or dose 65ish or so... hrrrrm. I suppose AMT doesnt lend itself much to redosing with it's long comeup huh?

Thanks for the quick response.. I am supposed to be getting 100mg in a gel cap. Hopefully it doesn't stick too much so I can test/weigh properly. I am always sorta naturally tolerant to things. Can't decide if I wanna do a 50mg dose so I have two, or dose 65ish or so... hrrrrm. I suppose AMT doesnt lend itself much to redosing with it's long comeup huh?

You can redose on AMT... I have more of a willingness to do so than with other psychedelics, too.

The second dose shouldn't take anywhere near as long. Also, the long come up isn't always a thing. I've came up in 30 minutes, and I've came up in over 2 hours.

Is it your first time? 50mg should do the job if it's quality AMT.

Will probably start with 30ish then to see and either redose or add something else in if its lacking. I like psychs like getting into cold water. Ease in a bit at a time. I like to start with small doses to get in the headspace, then redose a time or two for main experience. Works really well since I plug most everything.

Thanks!

A few weeks ago I had a pretty intense experience mixing aMT with bk-2c-b. Around 170 mg of bk-2c-b were ingested at t=0:00. Now, this was my second or third experimentation with bk-2c-b, and it somehow always disappointed me. There was remarkable mood lift, very slight color enhancement and that's about it. Anyway, approximately 30-40 mg of aMT were ingested at t=4:00. At t=5:00 the psychedelia started to become quite obvious. Around the same time a joint was smoked (keep in mind I've stopped smoking cannabis, which was a daily habit of mine) which suddenly skyrocketed the psychedelia. The visuals, the mindset etc. became INTENSE. At t=7:00 another joint was smoked, and it was too much. I had my first bad trip :D Looking back, I managed to ride it quite good, and it was somewhat of a spiritually cleansing type of experience, but to be honest I wouldn't want to go through it again anytime soon.