• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Important Question about SSRIs

An update if anyone's interested. I ended up refusing the SSRI and taking a real ADHD/ADD/Anxiety test with my counselor. Turnd out i have pretty high (test) levels of both Anxiety and ADD (no hyperactivity) and ended up with a prescription to Ritalin. Pretty dope script. It's definitely turned around my grades for the better, helped me focus on things, stay awake during my business meetings, and provided for some nice euphoria on the side.

They're 20mg immediate release tablets (suprisingly high starting dose isn't it) and i don't even feel a crash in the slightest.

Been loving this outcome so far.

And eventually you will feel no euphoria...

Taking a benzo and amphetamine is a recipe for disaster

I'd seriously prioritize

The euphoria is already gone. Made a thread about that here;
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/721668-Ritalin-Potentiation-(caffeine-vitamins-etc-)

Right now i just get the Ritalins. In my next appointment my doctor will be discussing the anxiety problem and see where that goes. Maybe the Benzo, maybe not.

You do realize methylphenidate is nothing like amphetamines, right?

Either way, avoid getting benzos. I still question why they're so readily available seeing as how they can single-handedly ruin your life even more than anxiety alone could do. The physical addiction is worse than opiates and the rebound anxiety/panic can be crushing. I would avoid getting benzos at all cost and possibly seek exposure therapy and or finding other ways of treating it.

You do realize methylphenidate is nothing like amphetamines, right?

Either way, avoid getting benzos. I still question why they're so readily available seeing as how they can single-handedly ruin your life even more than anxiety alone could do. The physical addiction is worse than opiates and the rebound anxiety/panic can be crushing. I would avoid getting benzos at all cost and possibly seek exposure therapy and or finding other ways of treating it.

Yeah, i know it's not an Amphetamine. Why do you ask though?

But i know they can easily ruin my life. I don't mind that though.

Yeah, i know it's not an Amphetamine. Why do you ask though?

From what I read you were talking about methylphenidate, and said how you had a tolerance to amphetamines. Well, amphetamines don't particularly have cross tolerance with methylphenidate. That is unless you have been on amphetamines, but I didn't read anywhere, where you mentioned being on them.

But i know they can easily ruin my life. I don't mind that though.

Oh no, you definitely will. You think the anxiety you have now is bad? The anxiety you'll get after "trying" to get off benzos could certainly lead to ones death. Not to mention they carry long term cognitive problems and other psychological/physiological issues long after cessation. The drug is nothing short of shit. It should only be used for absolute emergencies.

From what I read you were talking about methylphenidate, and said how you had a tolerance to amphetamines. Well, amphetamines don't particularly have cross tolerance with methylphenidate. That is unless you have been on amphetamines, but I didn't read anywhere, where you mentioned being on them.

Ooooh. Now i see what you're saying. No. What i meant was, i've never tried any type of Amphetamine before but i normally have a high beginners tolerance to everything i do try. Ritalin was my first try at any sort of stimulant though (and i know that's not an amphetamine) and it turns out i do not have a high tolerance to that. My estimate was wrong.

Oh no, you definitely will. You think the anxiety you have now is bad? The anxiety you'll get after "trying" to get off benzos could certainly lead to ones death. Not to mention they carry long term cognitive problems and other psychological/physiological issues long after cessation. The drug is nothing short of shit. It should only be used for absolute emergencies.

Even taking days off between doses and skipping weekends like i do with most drugs i use?

Even taking days off between doses and skipping weekends like i do with most drugs i use?

In my honest opinion for HR reasons I'd say avoid it at all costs, unless an emergency arises. Even with days off plus weekends; in as little as 3 weeks you can start developing dependency issues. 2 days throughout the week is possible to avoid dependency, but its pushing it.

The best non-addictive anxiolytic I've tried is L-theanine. I still use it to this day, it definitely dampens my overall anxiety and can even stop a panic attacks before or even after one emerges. It may not be nearly as potent as a benzo, but since it has little risks it is extremely effective. However, severe panic I don't think it will stop, but it might manage it better than nothing. Then again you could just take a massive dose.

In my honest opinion for HR reasons I'd say avoid it at all costs, unless an emergency arises. Even with days off plus weekends; in as little as 3 weeks you can start developing dependency issues. 2 days throughout the week is possible to avoid dependency, but its pushing it.

The best non-addictive anxiolytic I've tried is L-theanine. I still use it to this day, it definitely dampens my overall anxiety and can even stop a panic attacks before or even after one emerges. It may not be nearly as potent as a benzo, but since it has little risks it is extremely effective. However, severe panic I don't think it will stop, but it might manage it better than nothing. Then again you could just take a massive dose.

Oh. I kinda wanted to try out the roofie effect though. It sounded awesome.

Did you start the celexa?

My doctor ended up choosing the Ritalin instead since i needed as fast a fix as possible to get a few assignments done for school. It's a trial right now but it's been working so well for everything that i'm guessing it's going to be a long-term.

lol.

Good luck keeping benzodiazepine use to an "every other day" type of thing. And just to give you an idea of how bad benzodiazepine dependence is. I'm 3 months off of 6mg of alprazolam (2mg SL q4h TID) and 4mg of estazolam (4mg SL Q-HS; double the normal max dose). I'm still fucked up from it. I can barely leave the house. Going into stores are out of the question. I have constant migraines. I can't focus. I can't sleep. When I can feel what little emotion I can, it's usually not good. I get severely suicidal (the only reason I haven't attempted since March is because I've been inpatient 11 times for suicidality and it sucks ass). My chronic pain is exponentially worse. I'm irritable as fuck. I have back to back panic attacks. My GI issues are way worse. And this is 10 weeks out of acute withdrawals.

I drank 8 fl. oz. of antifreeze towards the end of March, spent 3 days blacked out/intubated in the ICU after going into renal failure within an hour of ingestion, spent another 5 days in Intermediate Care getting 48mg of IV Morphine (4mg every two hours, and that's with impaired renal funtion) daily to keep me comfortable cause they didn't know what was going to happen, and then got to spend some nice time at the good ol' headshed. I attribute what set me off, in large part to being ripped off of benzodiazepines with a joke of a taper (an equiv of 90mg of diazepam to 15mg for three days to nothing at all).

Don't get me wrong. Benzodiazepines are a god send if you really, really, really need them, but they will sink their claws into you deeper than you can imagine. Even if you're one of the cases where benzo's are you're only hope they can really fuck you over. Just be sure you really need them before you get on them. Doctors put me on them and at such high doses because I can't sit through a quiet class or walk through Wal-Mart or go out to eat or even eat at the kitchen table with my family. I also skip Slow-Wave-Sleep, so I'm a rare case where they're actually beneficially to my sleep cycle. I also have severe, chronic pain (that's the only way doctors dose so high with benzo's these days).

I'm not trying to preach to you, but just give you a picture of what could happen.

edit: and I'm not sure now bad your panic attacks get, but unless you hyperventilate to the point of your extremities going numb, your face going numb, and the muscles in these body parts starting to contract to the point of not being able to function and you looking like you have bells palsy with half your mouth going down your face and you barely able to talk, you don't need benzo's.

^^Fun shit when you're driving to the ER at 90 MPH in a big body while this stuff is happening lol.

Last edited:
lol.

Good luck keeping benzodiazepine use to an "every other day" type of thing. And just to give you an idea of how bad benzodiazepine dependence is. I'm 3 months off of 6mg of alprazolam (2mg SL q4h TID) and 4mg of estazolam (4mg SL Q-HS; double the normal max dose). I'm still fucked up from it. I can barely leave the house. Going into stores are out of the question. I have constant migraines. I can't focus. I can't sleep. When I can feel what little emotion I can, it's usually not good. I get severely suicidal (the only reason I haven't attempted since March is because I've been inpatient 11 times for suicidality and it sucks ass). My chronic pain is exponentially worse. I'm irritable as fuck. I have back to back panic attacks. My GI issues are way worse. And this is 10 weeks out of acute withdrawals.

I drank 8 fl. oz. of antifreeze towards the end of March, spent 3 days blacked out/intubated in the ICU after going into renal failure within an hour of ingestion, spent another 5 days in Intermediate Care getting 48mg of IV Morphine (4mg every two hours, and that's with impaired renal funtion) daily to keep me comfortable cause they didn't know what was going to happen, and then got to spend some nice time at the good ol' headshed. I attribute what set me off, in large part to being ripped off of benzodiazepines with a joke of a taper (an equiv of 90mg of diazepam to 15mg for three days to nothing at all).

Don't get me wrong. Benzodiazepines are a god send if you really, really, really need them, but they will sink their claws into you deeper than you can imagine. Even if you're one of the cases where benzo's are you're only hope they can really fuck you over. Just be sure you really need them before you get on them. Doctors put me on them and at such high doses because I can't sit through a quiet class or walk through Wal-Mart or go out to eat or even eat at the kitchen table with my family. I also skip Slow-Wave-Sleep, so I'm a rare case where they're actually beneficially to my sleep cycle. I also have severe, chronic pain (that's the only way doctors dose so high with benzo's these days).

I'm not trying to preach to you, but just give you a picture of what could happen.

edit: and I'm not sure now bad your panic attacks get, but unless you hyperventilate to the point of your extremities going numb, your face going numb, and the muscles in these body parts starting to contract to the point of not being able to function and you looking like you have bells palsy with half your mouth going down your face and you barely able to talk, you don't need benzo's.

^^Fun shit when you're driving to the ER at 90 MPH in a big body while this stuff is happening lol.

Wow. That is quite serious. Didn't think it was that serious of a drug. I mean, i know every drug is serious, really serious, but that's a lot more than i thought, and i thought it was a lot.

Your post is honestly the post that's making me reconsiter even wanting any Xanax. Thank you.

Last edited:
But all these comments are honestly making me feel like an average person. Lol.

Yes, my first panic attack was almost exactly as Jktm talked about in his edit. I was hyperventilating to the point where every limb on my body went numb, i couldn't walk or talk, and my heart felt like it was about to explode at at least 200 beats per minute. But it's only ever gotten that serious once and it was the first time i ever had one. And it most likely only got to that point because i didn't know what was going on. Every other time i've just ended up with a fast heartbeat but that's it.

I don't want any addictions though. I've already been trying to avoid tobacco for my whole life with my friends always trying to pressure me into it.

Maybe i'll just buy like 5 xanax pills through a street dealer to have just in case but not have enough to keep redosing if i enjoy it too much. And i'll buy a couple roofies for myself whenever i want to have a benzo-like pill for recreational use.

But in all seriousness, are there any non problem-causing medications i can request a prescription to that can help with social anxiety but not bring an addiction with it?

But all these comments are honestly making me feel like an average person. Lol.

Yes, my first panic attack was almost exactly as Jktm talked about in his edit. I was hyperventilating to the point where every limb on my body went numb, i couldn't walk or talk, and my heart felt like it was about to explode at at least 200 beats per minute. But it's only ever gotten that serious once and it was the first time i ever had one. And it most likely only got to that point because i didn't know what was going on. Every other time i've just ended up with a fast heartbeat but that's it.

I don't want any addictions though. I've already been trying to avoid tobacco for my whole life with my friends always trying to pressure me into it.

Maybe i'll just buy like 5 xanax pills through a street dealer to have just in case but not have enough to keep redosing if i enjoy it too much. And i'll buy a couple roofies for myself whenever i want to have a benzo-like pill for recreational use.

But in all seriousness, are there any non problem-causing medications i can request a prescription to that can help with social anxiety but not bring an addiction with it?

Benzos seriously aren't very recreational, if you're looking for anything that can provide any kind of "high" it would be something like temazepam. Xanax from what I've heard is the least "fun" from that family of drugs.

You're already on methylphenidate, so they probably won't do this as it's a stimulant as well, but Modafinil (Provigil) (which is a C-IV controlled substance, but isn't going to cause physical dependence such as CNS depressants like opioids, barbiturates, alcohol, GHB/GBL, and benzodiazepines, or dissociative anesthetics like Phencyclidine, Ketamine, Methoxetamine, PCP-analogues etc.). It does have some abuse/addiction potential due to it's dopaminergic activity, but it won't make you physically ill without it. The potential psychological addiction isn't nearly as one for amphetamine/methamphetamine/lisdexamfetamine, methylphenidate, cocaine, phenmetrazine, etc., due to it's catecholaminergic and histaminergic activity.

Just so you can see the full scoop of coming off of benzo's, check out these links. They're just wiki articles, but they're okay for general information like this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine_withdrawal_syndrome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-acute-withdrawal_syndrome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-acute-withdrawal_syndrome#Post-acute_benzodiazepine_withdrawal

And ya. What I found recreational about benzodiazepines was my ability to not give a fuck (cause I seriously lack in that department - anxiety neurosis is a bitch lol) and my ability to sleep, and sleep really well with them. That was a high in itself. I always described alprazolam (Xanax) to the layman as a "clean drunken feeling." A nice sedation that eased tension without making you sloppy...until you dose too high. Then, good luck at that point.

You're already on methylphenidate, so they probably won't do this as it's a stimulant as well, but Modafinil (Provigil) (which is a C-IV controlled substance, but isn't going to cause physical dependence such as CNS depressants like opioids, barbiturates, alcohol, GHB/GBL, and benzodiazepines, or dissociative anesthetics like Phencyclidine, Ketamine, Methoxetamine, PCP-analogues etc.). It does have some abuse/addiction potential due to it's dopaminergic activity, but it won't make you physically ill without it. The potential psychological addiction isn't nearly as one for amphetamine/methamphetamine/lisdexamfetamine, methylphenidate, cocaine, phenmetrazine, etc., due to it's catecholaminergic and histaminergic activity.

Just so you can see the full scoop of coming off of benzo's, check out these links. They're just wiki articles, but they're okay for general information like this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine_withdrawal_syndrome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-acute-withdrawal_syndrome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-acute-withdrawal_syndrome#Post-acute_benzodiazepine_withdrawal

And ya. What I found recreational about benzodiazepines was my ability to not give a fuck (cause I seriously lack in that department - anxiety neurosis is a bitch lol) and my ability to sleep, and sleep really well with them. That was a high in itself. I always described alprazolam (Xanax) to the layman as a "clean drunken feeling." A nice sedation that eased tension without making you sloppy...until you dose too high. Then, good luck at that point.

Benzos seriously aren't very recreational, if you're looking for anything that can provide any kind of "high" it would be something like temazepam. Xanax from what I've heard is the least "fun" from that family of drugs.

Wow that is a lot of symptoms. I absolutely hate dysphoria. Death from convulsions doesn't sound too fun either.

Yeah, i've tried Xanax once at a really low dose (forgot whether it was 1 or 2 mgs) but what i liked about it was that not caring about anything feeling. I mean, i'm normally like that anyways, i've never been in a fight and i don't care if people insult or even yell at me at all but it's still awesome to care even less at times. And i really want to try a roofie or similar. Something to the point where i wake up wondering where i am and what i did the night before. I think that would be awesome. I might just go with some good old fashion Rohypnol though. Haven't been able to find any yet but i know a guy who might have some.

I never got the sedation feeling though. The only thing i've found so far that actually makes me tired are Benadryls but i hate sleeping so much. It's a waste of time IMO.

But are you saying Modafinil for the social anxiety? Or something else?

Blacking out is no fun. And "roofies" are just flunitrazepam - another benzodiazepine. 1mg of flunitrazepam is equal to 0.5mg of alprazolam (Xanax). Xanax is actually more potent as all Triazolobenzodiazepines are the most potent benzos. The only benzodiazepines more potent than Alprazolam that I know of is Brotizolam which is twice as strong and Triazolam which is also twice as strong.

Yes, the modafinil could help with the social anxiety. It's one of those odd situations though where it could go either way. Stimulants have to potential to make one more comfortable in social situations because it makes them more outgoing, or more anxious due to biological reasons such as increased norepinephrine, increased pulse, blood pressure, etc.

Since you have ADHD it could go either way.

Blacking out is no fun. And "roofies" are just flunitrazepam - another benzodiazepine. 1mg of flunitrazepam is equal to 0.5mg of alprazolam (Xanax). Xanax is actually more potent as all Triazolobenzodiazepines are the most potent benzos. The only benzodiazepines more potent than Alprazolam that I know of is Brotizolam which is twice as strong and Triazolam which is also twice as strong.

Yes, the modafinil could help with the social anxiety. It's one of those odd situations though where it could go either way. Stimulants have to potential to make one more comfortable in social situations because it makes them more outgoing, or more anxious due to biological reasons such as increased norepinephrine, increased pulse, blood pressure, etc.

Since you have ADHD it could go either way.

Oh. They should stop making so many and just go with one. All these confusing chemical composition terms. Lol. But you don't find blacking out fun? I don't like the actual blacking out part, i like the mystery of what happenned the night before. Like the movie The Hangover.

But the problem with that would be that i don't have ADHD, i have ADD. So if that Modafinil is anything like the Ritalin i'm already on then it would definitely raise my heartrate and make me hyper (although i don't mind that). But it may decrease my social anxiety a bit. Not sure though since i haven't tried it.

ADHD and ADD is the same thing. People just use ADD to try and differentiate the types with/without the hyperactivity. I have ADHD, but I'm not hyperactive an anyway. And going with just one compound in any given class of drugs sounds like a nightmare. Classical benzodiazepines have very little to no effect on me. I got no help from temazepam for insomnia, and no help from lorazepam, clonazepam, or diazepam for anxiety. I had to use estazolam and alprazolam, respectively.