What are the top 3 electronic groups that have changed your life?

Shpongle for sure, has guided me beautifully through quite a few psychedelic journeys in which I no doubt would have been lost without his music

Bassnectar revolutionized my view on bass music and made the first glitch songs I ever heard, from his underground communications album, even though I was introduced bass music through artists like datsik, excision, and rusko

Stickybuds was my first real introduction into ghetto funk which is now one of my favourite genres. The dnb tracks he makes with Ed Solo now are ridiculous as well, real homegrown western Canadian talent

Skinny Puppy - opened the door to industrial for me
Autechre - opened the door to experimental IDM for me
Squarepusher - pushed me toward far greater eclecticism than I would have otherwise afforded

(the first two vie for favorite band of all time)

ebola

Dj Joop- This was what got me into electronica in the first place. I was at a rave on the beach in Ukraine (totally sober btw lol) when I heard him and his music totally blew me away. I was just an ignorant American who had no idea what electronica was about at this time. His tunes pulled me in fast. Trance/ hard trance was my first and strongest love.

Grendel- These guys spread my fascination into the dark areas of the genre- lead me to the industrial scene.

Infected Mushroom- nuff said. They never fail to blow my mind.

there are so many but I think i'd have to go with

Richard D. James (in all forms)
mu-Ziq
Boards Of Canada

There are a lot but I really found inner peace with ambient electro and IDM.

-I think x-dream was napster era ~2001 when I first heard of them
-Aphex Twin off of the NIN remixed Further Down the Spiral to I Care Because you Do
-Children of the Bong
-Prodigy FOTL

Porcupine Tree gets an honorable mention - Voyage 34

Mine, for example: Vanilla, Aphex twin, Squarepusher.
If you like them as well feel free to make conversation. :3

Aphex Twin is awesome, as well as Squarepusher. I haven't heard many tracks from either of them, but Aphex is a classic for sure. I mostly listen to a lot of Psytrance, but have dabbled in other genres...
Do you like Venetian Snares??? He's from my hometown up in the Frozen Shithole, lol ^^ Saw him live in 2012, missed his last show in January. *tear*

3 Artists that have changed my life??? Hmmm, well I can say that experiencing Psykovsky's 6 hour set last summer in Quebec,..that would have to be top of my list.
then I've gotta say Infected Mushroom, simply because they are the group that introduced me to the world of Psytrance in 2007. :p Didn't see them live 'til 2011.
And it's hard to choose a third, but after a bit of thinking, I'm gonna have to say Beardyman, because he inspires me to get killa at beatboxing ;D
I want a loop station soooo badddly!!! ;.; The things you can do with one of those!

Astral projection. Sort of my intro to the whole thing.

IM had a huge influence when i started listening alot to them in mid 2000s

Here i am 5 years later after forgetting this thread and holy shit I've seen most of these artists live by now. What a fucking honor. I got to see aphex twin and squarepusher at the same time, and was with Flying Lotus in the crowd because he happened to be there.
Venetian Snares is the shit too. I first heard Infected Mushroom during a icky trip, so they are not my favorite now. The rest i will give a listen.

Astral Projection is so very beautiful in its own unique way. You should look up ModernismuseuM on youtube and give that a listen asap.

/revisitng this thread and seeing my disclamer:

Future Sound of London

Orbital

808 State

my god was I stoned as fuck when I saw Infected Mushroom live in Toronto.